Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

THE Official Traxxas E-REVO Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 08:59 PM
Derek-A.K.A-D.L.B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THE Official Traxxas E-REVO Thread

my question is how is the E-Revo truely waterproof considering it would be kinda hard to waterproof the motors without taking the chance of burning them out. anyways i am planing to put 2 MMM set ups in the E-revo just to see what it can do. I Personally don't think the chassie will hold up to the speed and torque of 2 MMM set ups at once.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:12 AM
cluelessk

motor fine if submerged. i have heard of people breaking in motors under water.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:57 AM
brett_saville

I just got word today from Tower Hobbies that my erevo is on its way
Old 06-13-2008, 10:25 AM
Lilredmachine

Awesome, make sure you post pictures when it gets here.

Brushless motors don't like water, the moment you submerge one it will die. Same with the ESCs, boat ones are obviously usually water proof but car ones tend to run big heatsinks/fans/open boards for the extra load so will fry.

It is true that you can run in brushed PMDC motors under water, it's practically a necessity with the Titans because they are so cack that failure to do so will make them implode real soon. And soing so can damage the EVX-2, and in some cases annihilate the batteries you are using too. As several E-maxx 16.8 owners have discovered.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:50 AM
simplecj

I've submerged them twice and they didn't die (to my extreme surprise) I think the most important thing was that I didn't pull the trigger or try to turn the tires, I just got it out of the water ASAP, unplugged the battery and let it dry in the sun for several hours....

Only reason this happened was cause I found an awesome spot to bash around on, but on the other side of the hill there's a big body of water. Came up the hill a bit too fast, tires left the ground and there wasn't much I could do from there... maybe I just got lucky?
Old 06-13-2008, 11:40 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Lilredmachine

Awesome, make sure you post pictures when it gets here.

Brushless motors don't like water, the moment you submerge one it will die. Same with the ESCs, boat ones are obviously usually water proof but car ones tend to run big heatsinks/fans/open boards for the extra load so will fry.

It is true that you can run in brushed PMDC motors under water, it's practically a necessity with the Titans because they are so cack that failure to do so will make them implode real soon. And soing so can damage the EVX-2, and in some cases annihilate the batteries you are using too. As several E-maxx 16.8 owners have discovered.
I have watched plenty of videos with the Mamba motors running just fine under water.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Lilredmachine

Yeah sorry my bad, had a moment there. Brushless motors will run fine under water, it's just pointless because they don't have brushes to wear in and they'll still rust.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:01 PM
rc monkey

Do not run a BL motor under water[&:][:@]
Old 06-20-2008, 11:46 PM
vge

Whelp just got an email today, Impakt RC is shipping E-Revos. Only thing I dont understand is why everything I seem to want doesn't qualify for the free shipping. ***? Why exactly do that do that? I really think I am going to order one tomorrow. Anyone else ordering one?
Old 06-21-2008, 07:55 AM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: vge

Whelp just got an email today, Impakt RC is shipping E-Revos. Only thing I dont understand is why everything I seem to want doesn't qualify for the free shipping. ***? Why exactly do that do that? I really think I am going to order one tomorrow. Anyone else ordering one?
They do that because they know people will buy the new hot trucks no matter if it has free shipping or not. They dont need to entice people with free shipping on the slash or e-revo.

But just an FYI, I saw on the towerhobbies website they had some in stock in limited quantities. For me tower is the best and I get my stuff so much faster from them. I ordered my slash from impakt and e-revo from ultimatehobbies since tower was out of both when I ordered.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:21 AM
brett_saville

I got my erevo yesterday and haven't had any time to play. Just from looking at it though I am amazed with the attention to details. It is a beaustiful thing to behold.

I will let you know more once I've had a run with it.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:28 AM
vge

Sounds like a winner. This may make me sell my revo. I am really thinking about going all electric due to gas prices.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Mufasa_719

whats with people only hitting like 25 with 7 cells. I kinda want one but I wont have the BL/LIPO funds for a lil while. I was hoping to have some fun until then but 25 cmon
Old 06-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Access

Anyone else who has this please post videos. I did a search on youtube since it came out and all that came up were my own videos and one or two others. Especially if you have a brushless in there, take a video and post it.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...4A450F1CA9A541

I agree about the 25. Times change. 2-3 years ago we would've been happy with 25 but today people want more. But I'm stuck running stock for at least a few more weeks until the system I want hopefully comes out.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:24 PM
vge

I guess it also depends on what batteries. But boy that looks very slow. My emaxx is faster than that and I run stock motors. I use two 4700 7 cell packs. I wish I could use the same batteries.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:04 PM
The Hedgehog

Its pretty decent speed especially for racing in which you may not use 40 mph+.

At my track yesteray the E-revo won the monster truck class. Looked cooldoing so also, if only I didnt like nitro so much I owuld choose this over the nitro in a heartbeat, better performance for sure.

It was bone stock except for tires...
Old 06-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Access

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan
Its pretty decent speed especially for racing in which you may not use 40 mph+.

At my track yesteray the E-revo won the monster truck class. Looked cooldoing so also, if only I didnt like nitro so much I owuld choose this over the nitro in a heartbeat, better performance for sure.
Did you get any pics / video?
I took it out again today, unfortunately we are still at the end of a major heat wave where the deserts were hitting 110+ (in the shade) so I didn't want to go out that far. I'd like to see a video of it going up against the nitros stock and winning.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax72954.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	976205   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx73956.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	976206  
Old 06-22-2008, 09:33 PM
The Hedgehog

No I didn't I was racing at the time, Ill see if anyone else posts videos of the race.

Its a very short course, and if it was anything longer the nitros would have had it.

It wasn't the car though, the shop owner was driving it. He practices everyday, he could have won with a radio shack car. But at least we know it is a capable racer is what I was getting at.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Texasst8

Anybody have any suggestions for a brushless motor. One that can provide both speed and lots of torque, and is able to support different gearing combonation....... larger/smaller spur & pinion gears for different applications? Got my ERevo the morning after the rc store got them in stock and already have an aray of batteries to use, just need to get ahold of an esc and brushless motor. I've heard the Novak HV's have been getting burned up and have also seen that the new Mamba Monster is now available. On the Castle Creations site, they sugest a couple of different motors.....NEU1515 1Y and NEU1512 1Y. Anyone have some good knowledge to pass on?
Old 06-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Frozen72

I was going to get a E-Firestorm but after thinking about I'm going to save up and get a E-Revo. How reliable are the stock eletronics?
Old 06-27-2008, 10:29 AM
superman11
My Feedback: (1)

We need some more pictures!
Old 06-27-2008, 10:53 AM
WildestDIRTNAP

Well When i bought my Slash a few days ago they had a new E-Revo in and it is LONG!!! Way longer than a 3.3 revo. My Friend who works there let me spin his E-Revo around and it is pretty quick! NO WHEELEIES! Also i think with a stock slash and a stock E-Revo the Speed difference would be pretty similar. Here in PA the price was 440$
Old 06-27-2008, 11:01 AM
WildestDIRTNAP

vge i did the same thing as you and sold my Revo due to gas prices, after it was gone i went out and got me a Slash and it is Way fun!

With the E-Revo i would Deff go with a Mamba or a Novak brushless
Old 06-27-2008, 11:15 AM
ElectricGuy007

ORIGINAL: Frozen72

I was going to get a E-Firestorm but after thinking about I'm going to save up and get a E-Revo. How reliable are the stock eletronics?
I was torn like that too. Since electric monster trucks were not showing up I wasnt gonna be able to race the E-revo.
So I had to get the E-firestorm instead. I hate being torn on decision making like that.
But I'll get an E-revo next year, hopefully more aftermarket support will be availible by that time.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:45 AM
vge

I just ordered mine from Impakt RC yesterday. Hopefully I should have it early next week. First I am going to try it out with the stock motors and some 5k venom lipos. If thats not fast enough I may drop in a traxxas velineon system in it. I am sure with those batteries and that brushless I wil have plenty of speed. I will post some pics next week. I ordered the blue one. I also picked up that new Venom multi charger. Any of you deal with that before?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.