Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

THE Official Traxxas E-REVO Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 08:46 PM
pilsner6981

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THE Official Traxxas E-REVO Thread

ORIGINAL: xxSLiMxx

Hey guys, i have a few questions! Im plan on putting a Mamba Max 7700 combo in my erevo but im wondeing what i should do with batterys. I dont want to use lipos and i plan on stick with nimh batterys (7cell - 5000mah) What would be the best way to run them? Just one battery at a time or in serise? I have a look at there website and the MM sais it can only hanled up too 12cells, dose that mean i should run 2x 6cell in series? Any help would be great, even if anyone is useing nimh batterys could tell me what there running. Thanks alot.

Slim.
dude don't even try putting that under powered motor in a 10lbs monster truck! It'll over heat and melt stuff or something
At the very least keep the mamba max esc, wire a bec to it and throw a feigao 8, or 9xl motor on it with fans.
or wait till the mamba monster max combos come out.
or a mamba monster max and a neu 1515 1.5d or y, if you can't wait for the combo.
I want the new novak hv 6.5 pro (built in lvc) should push it to 40 mph enough for racing and bashing IMO.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:05 PM
xxSLiMxx

ORIGINAL: pilsner6981

Hey guys, i have a few questions! Im plan on putting a Mamba Max 7700 combo in my erevo but im wondeing what i should do with batterys. I dont want to use lipos and i plan on stick with nimh batterys (7cell - 5000mah) What would be the best way to run them? Just one battery at a time or in serise? I have a look at there website and the MM sais it can only hanled up too 12cells, dose that mean i should run 2x 6cell in series? Any help would be great, even if anyone is useing nimh batterys could tell me what there running. Thanks alot.

Slim.
dude don't even try putting that under powered motor in a 10lbs monster truck! It'll over heat and melt stuff or something
At the very least keep the mamba max esc, wire a bec to it and throw a feigao 8, or 9xl motor on it with fans.
or a mamba monster max and a neu 1515 1.5d or y, if you can't wait for the combo.
I want the new novak hv 6.5 pro (built in lvc) should push it to 40 mph enough for racing and bashing IMO.

thats my plan to drop a MMM into but i wanna wait till the combo comes out. After i get the MMM i would put the MM in my onroad.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:22 PM
breakin2
My Feedback: (1)

I played with my truck once and my new Trinity 8.4 battery blew up. Trinity is replacing it, but I'm wondering if the little compartment for the batteries causes it to get too hot in there?
Old 08-11-2008, 10:55 PM
pilsner6981

Slim.

thats my plan to drop a MMM into but i wanna wait till the combo comes out. After i get the MMM i would put the MM in my onroad.
Just stay away from the 7700 motor.

@breakin2
No i don't think its cuz of the battery compartments. there could be 1001 reasons why your batts had an accident, #1 being trinity/intellect has a track record of cells blowing up. the vents do their job on the batt compartments i run t 7cell 5000mah cpb packs and never had problems. But i bet down the road something will happen (knock on wood) NiMh cells IMO cause more probs than LiPo from what i've read. My next cells are LiPo for sure.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:19 AM
Fiegs

Just finished my Brushless E-Revo build. Still waiting on the single motor mount but other then that its done. I snapped these pics right after I finished so dont worry, the reciever isnt hanging loose, its in the box.

Right now im running a Neu 1515 1y/f 2200kv, MGM Compro 22418 ESC, and 2 maxamps 3s 5000mah li-po in series.

Great thread but it needs more pictures!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 01:21 AM
pilsner6981

Damn thats what i'm talking about!
Looks sweet I like all the black. Must haul ass 55-60ish? what are the run times on track or bashing? Temps?
Finally more pics for the thread but any vids?
Old 08-12-2008, 01:54 AM
Fiegs

Damn thats what i'm talking about!
Looks sweet I like all the black. Must haul ass 55-60ish? what are the run times on track or bashing? Temps?
Finally more pics for the thread but any vids?
Yeah, im thinking about using the RIT dye on the chassis and rockers to completely black it out.
As for speed Im thinking atleast 50mph, havent really had a chance to mess with different gear ratios though.
I got about 20 minutes of high speed runs and lots of wheelies with the 6s 5000mah and after about 15 minutes of hard running the esc and motor was warm, i could hold my hand on it for as long as i wanted so im really happy with how the MGM esc is handling the power.

Im gonna try and get some vids up by the end of the week. Lol i hate watching the vids when the camera is just sitting on the ground so i need to find a camera man.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:49 AM
pilsner6981

rit dye on the chassis eh?! Keep us posted.
Is that only one servo i spot there? any reason for that?
Old 08-12-2008, 09:54 AM
Snaut Rocket

Man thats an expensive setup right there.
Im guessing 1500 total.[8D]
Old 08-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Fiegs

rit dye on the chassis eh?! Keep us posted.
Is that only one servo i spot there? any reason for that?
Yeah Ive used RIT dye on wheels and other plastic parts before.
I use a single steering servo. Its a JR Z9100T which is 370oz at .15sec which is much faster and more powerful then the 2 stock servos.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Mexxan

I read earlier about a member putting s-600 electrifly motors as a replacement for his Titans. I was thinking of doing this while I wait for the MMM combo - but I need some advice. I haven't got my ERevo yet to check the transmission so do I need an s600 and an s600R (clockwise and anti-clockwise version) in order to replace the Titans - are they a set of clock and anticlock motors?
Old 08-12-2008, 05:15 PM
mycarisaser

To run the s600 in the e-revo you wil need the s600 in the back spot and the s600r in the front. There is some timing to those motor apparently
Old 08-13-2008, 12:19 AM
pilsner6981

yah check out kershaw designs dot com if you are looking for brushed motor options
http://www.kershawdesigns.com/
Old 08-13-2008, 02:35 PM
mycarisaser

I sold my brushless esc so I am backed to brushed in my e-revo. I just ordered a 700ho and a 20 tooth pinion from dan this past sunday. It should be tomarrow or friday. I will let you all know how it goes. I will record temps and speed. hopfully it will last longer than the crap titans.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Mexxan

Great link to the Kershaw 700 conversion- I think I'll go for this rather than the s600's.just got my erevo today, wow! Love it already and I haven't even ran it-first traxxas truck owned and i'm impressed (batts/charger due tomorrow). I just hope he ships to to uk. I'll order the 700's ready for when the titans die.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:42 PM
mycarisaser

Well my kd 700ho showed up today. I ran it on 4cells for 2 and 1/2 hours for break in. Got it all hooked up and went out to see how it ran. Well 27mph for the first few passes with a 20 tooth pinion .Ok not bad, I am happy with that b/c it has more low end torque than the titans. Well after 4 minutes of running up and down the street it slowed way down to 16mph. Now thats its top speed??????[&:]. I dont know what happened but its slower than my titans that are diying[&o] I am going to email dan tonight to see if he knows what happened???

before it slowed down on me it ran pretty good and the motor was just warm to the touch(drove around for about 5 or 6 mins total. I did try it once more(about 3 mins ago and its still running really slow(ran for about 30 seconds)
Old 08-14-2008, 09:13 PM
ace_master

It is indeed a decent car!

I've already managed to blow the motors running through puddles [&o](replaced them with stock motors... for now)... I was going to go brushless, but I can wait for the Monster combo to come out.

(setup : MaxAmps 6k LiPos + Novak SmartStop module)

- RADIO: When I go about 175metres down the road though, I loose radio signal, and the car seems to speed up and steer randomly until it hits something or comes back into range?!
- Also, when the car sits neutral, sometimes I have to hit reverse 2-5 times to get it to go backwards, anyone else experienced this? (Ive already tried reprogramming the ESC according to the manual).

- DRIVESHAFTS! Ive managed to kill one axle already running the car up a tree (snapped in two just below where it enters the chassis)?![:@] What are the best replacement axle shafts? Any opinions on the Traxxas 5451R?

Old 08-15-2008, 11:54 PM
pilsner6981

ORIGINAL: mycarisaser

Well my kd 700ho showed up today. I ran it on 4cells for 2 and 1/2 hours for break in. Got it all hooked up and went out to see how it ran. Well 27mph for the first few passes with a 20 tooth pinion .Ok not bad, I am happy with that b/c it has more low end torque than the titans. Well after 4 minutes of running up and down the street it slowed way down to 16mph. Now thats its top speed??????[&:]. I dont know what happened but its slower than my titans that are diying[&o] I am going to email dan tonight to see if he knows what happened???

before it slowed down on me it ran pretty good and the motor was just warm to the touch(drove around for about 5 or 6 mins total. I did try it once more(about 3 mins ago and its still running really slow(ran for about 30 seconds)
Dan is a good dude he'll take care of you. Or you can o on the traxxas site and find posts dealing with the 700ho. (i can't post on the traxxas site cuz i don't have a paid internet address.... just hotmail??!! what is a freekin paid site any way??!!)

It is indeed a decent car!

I've already managed to blow the motors running through puddles (replaced them with stock motors... for now)... I was going to go brushless, but I can wait for the Monster combo to come out.

(setup : MaxAmps 6k LiPos + Novak SmartStop module)

- RADIO: When I go about 175metres down the road though, I loose radio signal, and the car seems to speed up and steer randomly until it hits something or comes back into range?!
- Also, when the car sits neutral, sometimes I have to hit reverse 2-5 times to get it to go backwards, anyone else experienced this? (Ive already tried reprogramming the ESC according to the manual).

- DRIVESHAFTS! Ive managed to kill one axle already running the car up a tree (snapped in two just below where it enters the chassis)?! What are the best replacement axle shafts? Any opinions on the Traxxas 5451R?
Tq's have never been famous for their quality. you can get lots of 2.4 ghz tx/rx's on ebay etc. I've never had your problem with reverse tho. revo drive shafts are very strong. i think you just got bad luk snapping one of those.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:42 AM
mycarisaser

[quote]ORIGINAL: pilsner6981

Dan is a good dude he'll take care of you. Or you can o on the traxxas site and find posts dealing with the 700ho. (i can't post on the traxxas site cuz i don't have a paid internet address.... just hotmail??!! what is a freekin paid site any way??!!)

[quote]

I cant post there either b/c I have a yahoo account. If I still paid for my old aol account I would be set. Oh well.

I still havent heard from Dan yet. I will try to email him again this week end. So far everything I have heard about dan is that he is a great guy and provides great customer service.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:44 AM
ace_master

Tq's have never been famous for their quality. you can get lots of 2.4 ghz tx/rx's on ebay etc. I've never had your problem with reverse tho. revo drive shafts are very strong. i think you just got bad luk snapping one of those.
I'll have to check into the radio upgrade, thanks [sm=72_72.gif]. Are you running a SmartStop module on your car (because I've been pushed in the direction that it's a compatibility issue with the Novak SmartStop)?

Heres a pic of the broken driveline... I've come to notice that maybe it isn't the axle part thats broken, but, the piece it connects to? (either way i'll need a new axle, cause it's mangled at the end).

This is what I was going to upgrade to.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:01 PM
pilsner6981

nice those traxxas cvd's look good. i believe that pard which your axle connects to is a out put shaft? Those break on the e-savage all the time should be an easy fix on the e-revo
Old 08-16-2008, 01:37 PM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: Mexxan

Class thread I've garnered a load of info about this car from it before ordering one today.

Totally new to Traxxas and electric r/c so a few questions from a beginner.

I've read a lot about using Lipos with the stock setup but would like to know just how much realistic speed/torque increase I would get by using these compared to decent NimH packs - is it a substancial enough to warrant buying maybe the MaxAmps lipo packs even though I wont be upgrading the setup from stock for quite a while yet (would help if I could keep the immediate budget low for the next few months).

Also I was looking at the threads about s-600 motors as a good way to upgrade a little performance for little cost - sorry if this sound a bit dim but I just don't know what the actual transmission is like yet - do I need a clockwise and anti - clockwise version (s-600 and s-600R) in order for them to work with this truck?

The low voltage detectors that are used for lipos with stock setups - do i need one for each battery? Is their a set name for these as I can't seem to find them on retail sites by typing 'low voltage detectors' - can anyone recommend a decent brand?

Well, my truck should be here in two days and I'm really optimistic about using electric r/c - just got so sick of fine tuning my LST and all the engine problems I had with it.

Thanks for any advice/opinions.

Are you near Lakenheath airbase, my son is stationed there and I am getting his e-revo ready for shipment with all kinds of goodies and brushless too. Please let me know, you guys may be able to help each other out. He lives off post and his wife is stationed at another place and this truck is intended to give him something to do in his free time.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:20 PM
mycarisaser

ORIGINAL: ace_master

I'll have to check into the radio upgrade, thanks [sm=72_72.gif]. Are you running a SmartStop module on your car (because I've been pushed in the direction that it's a compatibility issue with the Novak SmartStop)?

Heres a pic of the broken driveline... I've come to notice that maybe it isn't the axle part thats broken, but, the piece it connects to? (either way i'll need a new axle, cause it's mangled at the end).

I do belive that an aftermarket company makes harden steel out drives for the diff. (that was also my biggest issue with the e-savage)
I hadnt broke on on the e-maxx or the e-revo(I havent had the e-revo running long enough) The stock motors died, so I went brushless but sold the esc with the e-maxx, then got the kershaw designs 700ho but it only lasted 4 to 5 minutes after break in. So Mine just sits there looking pretty
Old 08-16-2008, 11:53 PM
pilsner6981

ORIGINAL: ace_master

I do belive that an aftermarket company makes harden steel out drives for the diff. (that was also my biggest issue with the e-savage)
I hadnt broke on on the e-maxx or the e-revo(I havent had the e-revo running long enough) The stock motors died, so I went brushless but sold the esc with the e-maxx, then got the kershaw designs 700ho but it only lasted 4 to 5 minutes after break in. So Mine just sits there looking pretty
damn! mine has been out of action for 3 weeks now. i bent one and snapped one front push rod so i just got the red turn buckles and push rods (like in the pic) in the mail. But i'm waiting for a servo y adapter for my spektrum receiver i just hooked up. Slowly but surely its coming together. This truck has been solid as a rock for me tho it has taken way more than my e-sav took.[8D]
Old 08-17-2008, 08:11 AM
mycarisaser

I gave my brushless and highly modified e-savage to my brotherinlaw and I think he got the raw end of the deal[sm=lol.gif] I just wish I could keep a motor in the e-revo. I can belive the kd700ho only lasted 5 mins[&:]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.