Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

want to change from nitro to electric?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 01:15 AM
chuck67207

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default want to change from nitro to electric?

ok guys iam tired of nitro with all the mess. so is my wife lol. need some info on mt trucks. iam on a fixed budget. need something fast and will take a bashing. i run mostly off road and in wet weather, would like to keep it under 300 dollars if i can. but have alot of questions. how long is the run times, and what kind of moter is best brushed or brushless? whats a good charger cost. do they require break in like the nitro moters. iam currently running a tmaxx with a 3.3 just want something differnt. thanks need some advise from people who know insted from a salesman. thanks. chuck
Old 04-28-2008, 06:20 AM
savtraxx

Default RE: want to change from nitro to electric?

brushless is best less maintance and sometimes faster

a rustler vxl is a pretty good truck. or maby even a e firestorm ,because im in australia i dont know american dollars a good charger in aus dollars is like 100

runtimew...well averige 3000 mah stick with an e firestorm is about 10 minutes from what youve stated heres my recomendations remember other people maby more experienced people will say different

e firestorm
reedy 5200 mah pack
lrp pulsar 3 charger
maby if you have more money set of better tires and dish rims
and pretty important too a 21 tooth pinion trust me its a good investment

maby if you still have more money i am running an lrp a.i esc and an lrp fusion phase 4.1 motor it hoots!
Old 04-28-2008, 06:36 AM
happywing

I don't know if you'd be happy going from a T-Maxx to an electric 1/10 scale stadium truck. The new E-Revo with a moderate brushless system would probably make you a lot happier. If you're feeling bold (and have the money) you could take the 1/8 buggy/truggy conversion plunge.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:40 AM
chuck67207

thanks guys for the info, will check into the erevo does anyone know if it is waterprofe. thaks whats a good charger to get.i have a prophet sport now its a good charger but dont know if it will work. dont have a big budet or i would like to try the truggies. maybe later if i win the lotto haha.[)] thanks guys.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:07 AM
happywing

In it's stock form, the new Erevo is waterproof. If you put a BL system in it, it likely won't be waterproof anymore...unless you waterproof it. The charger you get would depend on what kind of batteries you plan to run.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:03 AM
Tmaxx09

I was wondering how to change my 3.3 tmaxx into a electric truck. Where do I start and how much will it cost
Old 02-24-2010, 10:10 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

easiest way would be to start your own thread titled how would I convert my T-maxx to electric seeing most people will read this thread and only post replies to the original post which is over 2 years old and ignore your question
Now I would think you could maybe try and fit the E-maxx tranny on it, but I'm not sure seeing I don't own either of them.

I'm only guessing at the cost would probably be near $250-300 after you include batteries and a charger. I've converted a nitro MT1 to electric for only $40 but I also made a quite a few of my own parts from scratch, and had the electronics (which is the expensive part) laying around already that I used.