Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Would a VXL fan fix the typical wire problem??

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 03:16 PM
RCJesse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would a VXL fan fix the typical wire problem??

Has anybody actually had the VXL ESC's wires come off then after fixing them or having it replaced by Traxxas, installed a VXL fan and had the issue gone for good? I just got my second ESC installed on my Pede and I'am thinking about buying the fan if I knew for sure that the heat was the problem. I don't run lipos, but apperantly it still happens with NIMH's. I also already opened up a hole right on top of the ESC area after I installed the second one. Please reply only if this has happened to you or know of somebody who actually did this. Thanks for your help.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:29 PM
NitroAssassin

Default RE: Would a VXL fan fix the typical wire problem??

the issue with the wires popping off are not only related because of heat.. It's mainly from vibrations.. the solder cracks over time and the wires come out.. The heat isn't the main cause.. If you ESC is not going into thermal shutdown but your wires pop off it's obvious it isn't a heat issue.. I know with the Rustlers the VXL3S wires are right under the body so when you flip the truck on its roof the wires get hit, this is what usually causes the wires to break off. I relocated my ESC down on the tub and haven't had an issue since I bought it .. I know the stampede is different so maybe you can think of something else.. I had an idea awhile back about making a wire loom similar to what you see on cars, the looms that hold the sparkplug wires together.. If you would make something like that and then secure that to the chassis, i can't see you having an issue with it ..

Old 04-28-2008, 09:14 PM
RCJesse

Default RE: Would a VXL fan fix the typical wire problem??

Hopfully that is the problem, but like I mentioned before, I already made a hole to prevent the body from smashing wires. Thanks.