Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 59 of 172 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 4296

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: The Beater Builds Thread

ORIGINAL: evaderkid

Almighty ODST do you even have a build or a beater. I mean he is just telling him that its a beater truck thread. Not a beat your truck thread thats all. BTW your acting a little bossy to Krawlin...just sayin.

ok people back on track
    I should be ordering my rpm bearing carriers this weekend and I can finaly get my flm chassis scratched up..lol[8D]

yes, I actually do, however it is in pieces right now because I crashed doing about 40 in to a mailbox. but i'll post some pics later of when it was alive. Basically it was a completely custom,
    home-made chassis with revo style suspension (complete with legit aluminum body GTR shocks and revo rockers). It was Stampede front and rear though with a mamba 5700kv and 3s lipo in it. On the stampede bits there were adjustable turnbuckles for the camber links, rpm bearing carriers for more efficiency, moab tires. I had swapped out all the plastic tranny gears for metal. VXL steel diff, aluminum idler. I had the wide-pede mod on the front too with E-Maxx turnbuckles for steering to a traxxas 2055 servo. now lets see...i'll try to find pics.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice...yeah I would like to see pics. My stampede is too in pieces[:'(]...i had the ramp right next to a basketball hoop and it glitched and hit the pole at like 30...only broke a steering block and poped a shock cap. Rpm bearing carriers are on the way though
    4s Slash- mamba max- turnigy 36-57 2600kv- flm adpters and 1/8 buggy badlands- tons of rpm and aluminum upgrades

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice...yeah I would like to see pics. My stampede is too in pieces[:'(]...i had the ramp right next to a basketball hoop and it glitched and hit the pole at like 30...only broke a steering block and poped a shock cap. Rpm bearing carriers are on the way though

damn...you were lucky! I didn't even crack my custom chassis but I got the works of a mess up front... completely broken bulkhead, both a arms snapped, hinge pins trashed, king pins/castor blocks bent to hell, and plenty of trashed pivot balls on the camber links. don't even ask how hitting a pole did that, i figured the damage would be more severe but in ONE area, not completely destroying the whole front end hahah but i can't remember my login info for PutFile which has my pede pics on it. and when i destroyed my pede i thought i would try something new so instead of investing in repairs, i bought a dark impact. sure its fun on prepped dirt tracks but its not nearly as fun to just take out to a dirt lot. i definitely like the ground clearance of the trucks a lot better.

::EDIT::
    Pics added. They are very old pictures but it shows the jist of it. My mamba controller was in the shop for repairs so I threw the stinger in and burnt it up with the 7 cell ib4200 pack. good fun : ) ohh also, the chassis is made out of polycarbonate, which i believe is 5/16" thick, and its tough as nails once bolted to the front/rear bulks.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zx70439.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	1041492   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ez82395.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	1041493  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have seen a build up of a Pede just like that on another site, could have been you?
    -Chris
    My Race/Bash Rigs ~ Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy / MBX5R Prospec Buggy - Picco/Werks - ACE/XP - Fioroni - Reckward Tuning - King Headz - JConcepts/Proline

\"ThunderbirdJunkie just ripped a bodacious White Castle Chicken Rings fart.\" - TBJ

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Krawlin

I have seen a build up of a Pede just like that on another site, could have been you?
    You probably saw Sleepy's on another site. He said he was starting his and I thought it was a good idea so I bought the parts I thought I would need then he posted pics of his and I asked for advice on how to make it. His is definitely a lot more..."finished product" looking with machined metal and the handle/rollbar so I'm sure it is of much higher quality than mine. Mine could be called a prototype cus there were many obvious flaws as soon as I finished it that I couldn't address because I didn't have the time or money to make another chassis. Despite the flaws, it was still very durable and handled much better than stock.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Almighty ODST get some RPM a-arms, they are the reason I didnt have a horrible crash an damage. They are incrediably durable.
    4s Slash- mamba max- turnigy 36-57 2600kv- flm adpters and 1/8 buggy badlands- tons of rpm and aluminum upgrades

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Almighty ODST get some RPM a-arms, they are the reason I didnt have a horrible crash an damage. They are incrediably durable.

yeah I have them on the back I just never put them on the front because the widepede mod would be slightly more complicated. not very much but slightly. I'm sure if I ever get around to replacing all the broken parts/fixing the truck i'll definitely be putting some rpm's on the front. Although I don't think I will be fixing it, I want a 4x4 truck now...maybe buy some revo roller off ebay for ~200 and put a brushless in it. I was also looking at 8ight-t rollers...those look very nice.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

when i start my revo 3.3 it wants to idle ahead when i come to a stop it quits somthin wrong with my clutch?? the tires spin as soon as i start it when the throtle is at neutral...
    when im goin fast and let off the throttle it revs high duno guys can ya help me??????

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No updates yet? Im getting a slash and putting all rpm stuff on it, expect an update within 2 weeks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nothin new lately, Travis. I used some spacers and longer screws and made the wing mount sit back another 1/4'' or so, doesn't seem like much but it makes it look alot better with the wing farther back.

Other than that, not much. I am taking my time ordering the new brushless motor for my Maxx, and I want to get a paypal account and sell some stuff on Ebay so Shelbee doesn't get mad at me when I order a bunch of stuff .

I am also planning on getting a light kit and a few other cool things that will make my Maxx look super trick.

Just keep an eye on the thread, I will post an update now and then.
    -Chris
    My Race/Bash Rigs ~ Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy / MBX5R Prospec Buggy - Picco/Werks - ACE/XP - Fioroni - Reckward Tuning - King Headz - JConcepts/Proline

\"ThunderbirdJunkie just ripped a bodacious White Castle Chicken Rings fart.\" - TBJ

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

EDIT: Sorry, double post.

And good luck with the Slash. Looking forward to seeing the buildup on here.
    -Chris

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks man, an lets drop all the crap, no aim tho, just rc talkin on here and i think we'll be good, srry for off topic, and i'd love to see a pic of the new wing placement

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Revotrx3

Thanks man, an lets drop all the crap, no aim tho, just rc talkin on here and i think we'll be good, srry for off topic, and i'd love to see a pic of the new wing placement
    Alright, I am over at Trevor's house right now with the Maxx, I will see if he will let me use his camera.... Kinda doubt it though.
    -Chris

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

lol, cousins gotta love em, haha
    screen shot of what i have on order, hope tomaro i can sell my sled, and send out the order.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lucky me, he let me use the camera! (See attached pics)

Quite the list of stuff you have for the Slash, and including the truck, that's not a bad price at all. Should be alot of fun. Just a suggestion, but you should get some Proline 8 Shooter beadlock wheels and HPI Geolander tires. They look great and will perform better, and the cool thing about beadlocks is you don't need new rims everytime you buy new tires.

Here are the pics of the wing moved back.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ge94609.jpg 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	1046765   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ws56352.jpg 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	1046766   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Va72212.jpg 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	1046767   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wp41307.jpg 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	1046768  
    -Chris

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Niceee, yeah not to bad, im going to hold off on any thing else right now, going brushless first, then some new tires and wheels. Im doing a SideWinder Vxl motor combo on 3s

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Revotrx3

Niceee, yeah not to bad, im going to hold off on any thing else right now, going brushless first, then some new tires and wheels. Im doing a SideWinder Vxl motor combo on 3s
    Thanks.

Sounds like a good motor combo, however, even with the VXL motor the Sidewinder might get a bit hot on 3S. If you can afford it, go with the MM ESC instead. You would most likely have much lower temps with the MM ESC, and you don't need to buy that weird Castle Link Adapter thing that you need for the Sidewinder.
    -Chris

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nah, temps should be fine

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You would most likely have much lower temps with the MM ESC, and you don't need to buy that weird Castle Link Adapter thing that you need for the Sidewinder.
    Well, actually you can down load it from there site! For free.

http://www.castlecreations.com/downloads.html

And it does work with the Mamba.
    America lovin\'\', , rebel flag flyin\'\' southern rocker.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: warheadforever

You would most likely have much lower temps with the MM ESC, and you don't need to buy that weird Castle Link Adapter thing that you need for the Sidewinder.
    Well, actually you can down load it from there site! For free.

http://www.castlecreations.com/downloads.html

And it does work with the Mamba.
    No, I don't mean the programming software, it is a special adapter for the USB cable that the Sidewinder ESC uses. The Sidewinder ESC doesn't have a USB port, so you have to use a special Castle Link USB adapter to plug it into the receiver wire on the ESC.
    -Chris

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oh, I didn't know that. Man am I glad I bought the Mamba! LOL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have the sidewinder and you dont actaully need the castle link. Its a good thing but you can set the lipo cutoff from the transmitter. But for anything else like punch control and stuff you need the castle link. I also have an update sort of..lol...my parents are making me save up like I cant spend any money until christmas, so I will be buying a duratrax onyx 230 charger, electrify quinox balancer, and a camera so i can make vids and post pics. I will ask for the lipo for christmas, most likely a protek 3s or a maxamps(i know there are better deals this is just easier for my parents). I will also be asking for a futaba 3pm Fasst 2.4ghz transmitter. Its gonna be good.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well guys even though I don't usually go on the forum much anymore, I am still alive, and my beloved Rustler is too! Just got back from a fun trip in Palm Springs with it. For a 2wd, it does great in the dusty dirt.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hay AD! LOL Just a quick question, how is the E-warhead holding up?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I will ask for the lipo for christmas, most likely a protek 3s or a maxamps(i know there are better deals this is just easier for my parents). I will also be asking for a futaba 3pm Fasst 2.4ghz transmitter. Its gonna be good.
    Man, and I though asking for like $60 at Christmas was bad.......