Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

BoomBoomBatteries & Ener-G's = waiste of money

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 11:46 AM
haole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BoomBoomBatteries & Ener-G's = waiste of money

I bought my 7 cell hump pack a few months ago and it was great on the first run, but about 10 minutes into my second run it started leaking black liquid and making a hissing sound. Elmo6, who i think is the owner of boomboombats.com told me to send it in and he would replace it.... so i did, and that was about 2 months ago! I called and left a message but havent got a call back, and on top of this it took a month to recieve the batt in the first place.

FYI - i dont recomend boomboom.... long shipping time and the ener-g batteries cost too much for the risk of getting a bad pack
Old 06-13-2008, 11:52 AM
fusebmx13

Default RE: BoomBoomBatteries & Ener-G's = waiste of money

same here man same here [&o]
Old 06-13-2008, 12:01 PM
haole

ORIGINAL: fusebmx13

same here man same here [&o]
did yours vent too? did you send it back and not get a new one?

SUCKS
Old 06-13-2008, 12:02 PM
Krawlin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: haole

I bought my 7 cell hump pack a few months ago and it was great on the first run, but about 10 minutes into my second run it started leaking black liquid and making a hissing sound. Elmo6, who i think is the owner of boomboombats.com told me to send it in and he would replace it.... so i did, and that was about 2 months ago! I called and left a message but havent got a call back, and on top of this it took a month to recieve the batt in the first place.

FYI - i dont recomend boomboom.... long shipping time and the ener-g batteries cost too much for the risk of getting a bad pack
Look what happened to mine. This happened 3 days after the first run, and the pack wasnt hot, and I wasnt even driving the truck. It just happened.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73515.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	969818   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93632.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	969819   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nt46180.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	969820  
Old 06-13-2008, 12:08 PM
fusebmx13

time for lipo he he
Old 06-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Andyman004

I bought 2 IB 4200 packs from him last year and got them quick (like 2 days). I had really good luck with them and they are still peforming well. Not sure about these Ener-G cells.....I never owned one.

One thing I do know is that I purchased A 2s 7.4 V Lipo from maxamps and there is no comparison. I will never buy another nimh pack again. It is worth the investment.....a little costly at first but WAY worth it.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Longhair

ORIGINAL: fusebmx13

time for lipo he he
More like time for nitro.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:42 PM
haole

ORIGINAL: Jolly Roger Pirate

Look what happened to mine. This happened 3 days after the first run, and the pack wasnt hot, and I wasnt even driving the truck. It just happened.

lol, i remember you saying these things were the goods (like i did) when you first got them. Then a couple days latter...POOF just like mine. Did you ever send yours in? did you get new pack?
Old 06-13-2008, 12:57 PM
Krawlin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jolly Roger Pirate

lol, i remember you saying these things were the goods (like i did) when you first got them. Then a couple days latter...POOF just like mine. Did you ever send yours in? did you get new pack?
This was another pack I ordered. I still have that very first one and its going strong. I think I have 30+ runs on it now. But these last 2 I ordered from BoomBoom were major pieces of ****.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:08 PM
RC_Basher20
My Feedback: (4)

i honestly think alex needs to give everyone a refund.
and close down his business...
Old 06-13-2008, 02:14 PM
haole

ORIGINAL: hockeyplaya20

OUCH!!! lol, ... i kinda feel bad for the guy, but when i think about the how long it took to actually get my pack and how much it cost AND the fact that i only got one and half runs out of it AND the fact that he personally told me to return it asap and he would get me a new pack AND it didnt happen.... i dont feel too bad for him
Old 06-13-2008, 02:20 PM
Longhair

It's not his fault that he got a bad batch of batteries.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:02 PM
04DarkShadowGT

For as much as quality NIMH batteries cost you can darn near get a lipo.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:10 PM
RC_Basher20
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Longhair

im not making fun of him or some sort.
i feel bad for the guy, i think he needs to match his batterys
besides, he gets bad batches of batterys every shipment lol
Old 06-13-2008, 04:51 PM
fusebmx13

ORIGINAL: Longhair

He didnt, It is his fault that he doesnt match them like most places do to make sure that they are right. I dont feel sorry for him at all, i agree, shut it down. I dont know of anyone that has had luck with his site and thats how i feel.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:51 PM
bhcvc

If you decide to get Ener-Gs again, definitely do NOT go to Team Brood. One of the cells completely died after ONE run! In another pack, 2 cells vented electrolyte, but the pack still seems to work...I think. At least you could get a hold of the retailer to return it...Team Brood never called or emailed me back...just completely ignored me!

My other Ener-G packs are running great.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:22 AM
firstrc
My Feedback: (1)

Well I guess I will throw in my 2 cents here.

I got 2 packs from boomboom a few months ago. They arrived in less than 2 weeks and have been fine. No problems at all. That being said..... I do hear the hissing sound from one of the packs after I run it hard. I never knew what it was or if it was a problem... so I just kept using it. It has never leaked or anything. Still takes a full charge fine and runs just as strong and as long as the pack that does not hiss.

Now about boomboom. Would I buy from him again??? I dont know. I had a good experience but you cant deny all the bad experiences out there either. I would be interested to know his volume of sales.... If he sold (pulling number out of air) 200 packs... the number of bad experiences I have heard about might be pretty bad, but if he sold 2000 packs than the number of bad experences would be totally acceptable. One exeption.... I own a business and know how important customer service is.... "Under promise and Over deliver" That is what I always say. If his service is as bad as is said then he clearly needs to remedy and revise. In other words refund some money and fix what is broken with his service plan and schedule.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:39 AM
Elmo6s
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Guys,
All repairs are going out today. As posters said above, I got a bad batch, leaving me helpless - this has highlighted the fact that I a.) need a new source for the cells and b.) I need to work on how customer service is handled. In the past, I had been able to get e-mails back within hours, but with what has been going on with these cells, it has been nearly impossible, as I have been wasting so much time on the phone with manufacturers. I'm going to be doing some thinking today to figure out what I want to do on these two issues, and at the moment I have a few ideas bouncing around. I will keep you updated throughout the week when most of these changes will be taking place.
Alex
Old 06-16-2008, 09:36 AM
SavageX78

ORIGINAL: Elmo6s

Hi Guys,
All repairs are going out today. As posters said above, I got a bad batch, leaving me helpless - this has highlighted the fact that I a.) need a new source for the cells and b.) I need to work on how customer service is handled. In the past, I had been able to get e-mails back within hours, but with what has been going on with these cells, it has been nearly impossible, as I have been wasting so much time on the phone with manufacturers. I'm going to be doing some thinking today to figure out what I want to do on these two issues, and at the moment I have a few ideas bouncing around. I will keep you updated throughout the week when most of these changes will be taking place.
Alex

Well at least your not hiding under a rock and your trying to fix the problem. I hope things work out for you. I kinda feel bad because you keep getting screwed with bad batches and there isnt much you can do about that. Well man Good luck. I hope things start working in youfavor rather than against you.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:39 AM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: Elmo6s

Hi Guys,
Alex
Why don't you return everyones money, and shut down. Then, once you get everything under control, start selling packs again. After all these packs, I think you shouldn't keep selling unless your positive that they will be good quality cells.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Always Dreamin

Not trying to be harsh here, Alex. I just think you should inform your customers through your website that you've been getting bad batches. I also think you should cancel all your orders, and get it all under control. Then you have your site open, people re-order, and everyone forgets the entire thing. Except the people that already have the crappy cells.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:33 AM
fusebmx13

Well after thinking, this is the way i see it. He sells all different kinds of stuff on his site, not just ener-g. So he keepd getting bad ener-g cells right? Well just dont let people order ener-g until you get it fixed then let them again. Thats what i would do, or just put an out of stock thing on it until its fixed. I would totally by another if i was positive that it wouldnt screw me over. However that being said i still wouldnt order another pack, i would just go straight to lipo. I have had 4 packs from boom boom (all ener-g) and 3 of them have either broken or came broken.

But good luck anyways. Its not like i have to order from you so thats good.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:30 PM
ah-see

Lipo all the way. Hobbycity sells good lipos for cheap. Even cheaper than NiMH
Old 06-16-2008, 01:34 PM
SavageX78

ORIGINAL: Always Dreamin

Not trying to be harsh here, Alex. I just think you should inform your customers through your website that you've been getting bad batches. I also think you should cancel all your orders, and get it all under control. Then you have your site open, people re-order, and everyone forgets the entire thing. Except the people that already have the crappy cells.

Very good suggestion. At least take the energs off the menu until you know you have good ones.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:16 PM
yzfr191
My Feedback: (2)

The batteries are just living up to their name...they go boom.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.