Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

GTB and a Medusa V2?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 08:34 PM
R/C fan-addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTB and a Medusa V2?

Hi guys! I just bought a jammin crt.5 roller from an RCU member. I am converting it to electric and it actually already includes the RC-monster motor mount. I bought a Medusa 4800 k/v V2 BL motor for it as well and was hoping to use this setup with my novak GTB esc. I will be running a trinity matched 6 cell pack at first and will then get a neu 5000mah 2S lipo in a few weeks. The original owner ran the truck on the medusa with a MM esc and maxamps 4800mah 2s lipo. In terms of resistance the GTB and MM are about equal, and I will be running the fan on the GTB, do you think I will be able to use my GTB for the medusa, or should I get a MM or monster max instead?

Thanks!
Old 06-17-2008, 08:37 PM
muti369

Default RE: GTB and a Medusa V2?

you could run it on 3s lipo with the no limit tekin r1pro esc
Old 06-17-2008, 08:43 PM
R/C fan-addict

yeah I'm trying to stay with either an MM or the GTB. I would rather use the GTB as I don't have to buy a new esc, but if necessary I will buy one. I think even if novak doesn't reccomend running the V2 on the GTB, I think I can run it anyway. I mean people have run 3s on the 6900 and 7700 motors even though MM says 2s only. Just gotta make sure you have good cooling. If I can run the GTB in the crt.5 then I think I'll just run that for a while until I decide to get a neu or the like for my emaxx (and possibly my savage 25 if I convert it) and then I'll get the monster max and use it in the crt.5 as well as my emaxx.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:04 PM
muti369

you should be fine to run the gtb in it just keep an eye on the temps the first few runs
Old 06-17-2008, 11:33 PM
R/C fan-addict

cool, good to know. That's what I was thinking, but always good to have a second opinion! : )
Old 06-18-2008, 08:37 AM
GravityJunkie

Isn't the Medusa motor a sensorless design? The GTB is a sensored esc. I'm not sure they are gonna work together.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:42 AM
R/C fan-addict

yeah I hadn't thought of that, this discussion sort of went over into my other thread about the truck itself. I think it may work...