Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
Stampede
35.00%
E-maxx
55.00%
Other (please list)
10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Stampede Vxl Vs Stock 3905 E-maxx

Old 06-24-2008, 04:52 PM
IloveMYxt2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stampede Vxl Vs Stock 3905 E-maxx

One of my buddies has a E-Maxx with a brushless motor and two 7 cell batteries. In all honestly its fun for about 5-10 minutes and after that its like a Radio Shack RC. He also goes through differentials (the diffs are also upgraded to metal ones). Stick with what you have.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:18 PM
sxcurtin

lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo lipo

i got bored waiting for another reply, sorry!!!!!
Old 06-24-2008, 05:22 PM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: Access

ORIGINAL: Always Dreamin
see, at this time i really don't have much money to spend. i hear the e-maxx needs new bulk heads. and maybe shock towers. i wont have money for that. i need some update. it's either lipo, widen, and new servo. or sell the pede and get the e-maxx. the e-revo is a little over my budget but if it's really that much better.. everyone i've talked to loves their new e-maxx.
There's no reason to sell a perfectly good platform that works. Don't get tied up with the "vehicle-of-the-month" crowd. Today they might be talking big about the E-maxxes but tommorow they will all sell them and buy slash's or E-revos or 4wd buggies or whatever the next 'hot item' is. If you are short on money, remember that every time you sell something, you lose some value, and everytime you buy something new, you pay a premium. I still have setup from 3 years ago and it doesn't stop me from still driving them and having fun with them.
The E-revo is the real deal, save up for it.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:36 PM
sxcurtin

as access said their is no need to get rid of a perfect strenghtened pede. for serious power add $85 lipo, for 4x4 add second tranny and motor $150-$200!!!!!!
and widen it, new servo what ever you want.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:45 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

see, at this time i really don't have much money to spend. i hear the e-maxx needs new bulk heads. and maybe shock towers. i wont have money for that. i need some update. it's either lipo, widen, and new servo. or sell the pede and get the e-maxx. the e-revo is a little over my budget but if it's really that much better.. everyone i've talked to loves their new e-maxx.
There's no reason to sell a perfectly good platform that works. Don't get tied up with the "vehicle-of-the-month" crowd. Today they might be talking big about the E-maxxes but tommorow they will all sell them and buy slash's or E-revos or 4wd buggies or whatever the next 'hot item' is. If you are short on money, remember that every time you sell something, you lose some value, and everytime you buy something new, you pay a premium. I still have setup from 3 years ago and it doesn't stop me from still driving them and having fun with them.
I also own several Stampedes and enjoy driving them too. I also own a Slash and have fun driving it. But there is nothing like watching a 1/8 monster truck ride wheelies...........................
Old 06-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Always Dreamin

well i wouldn't sell right away. i would keep it until i know for sure that i like the e-maxx more, after i have owned it for awhile. to afford brushless and lipo. im on a tight budget and i really can't afford to have to vehicles at once. i would rather have one really nice on then two not as nice ones.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:23 PM
Frozen72

If you get a stock E-maxx it won't be as durable and as fast as your Pede VXL.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: IloveMYxt2

One of my buddies has a E-Maxx with a brushless motor and two 7 cell batteries. In all honestly its fun for about 5-10 minutes and after that its like a Radio Shack RC. He also goes through differentials (the diffs are also upgraded to metal ones). Stick with what you have.
is that the new e-maxx? because that conflicts everything i've heard so far..
Old 06-24-2008, 07:29 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: sxcurtin

as access said their is no need to get rid of a perfect strenghtened pede. for serious power add $85 lipo, for 4x4 add second tranny and motor $150-$200!!!!!!
and widen it, new servo what ever you want.
there is no need, sure... but, if i could get my e-maxx stronger, and faster why wouldn't i? i mean, i can only run one truck at a time. as i said earlier, i would rather have one bad @$$ truck, then two average trucks.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:30 PM
IloveMYxt2

Good question. I dont know if its the new one and I doubt it is. Hes still eating diffs though!
Old 06-24-2008, 07:31 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: Frozen72

If you get a stock E-maxx it won't be as durable and as fast as your Pede VXL.
not as fast, no. the thing is, you can hop up a pede till the end of time. at the end of the day it's still a pede. takedown made a post on another forum that really caught my eye and might have just convinced me..

After awhile the lipo/fast & powerful stage wears off when you have the pede. All it basically is, is zip zip zip up and down the street because if you run offroad its to undontrollable in most circumstances and the pede IMO isnt a great offroader seeing that it is only 2wd. The durability of the E-maxx 3905 is right up their with the durability of your pede for sure. The only thing Ive ever broke on the old e-maxx was the bulkheads and the new E-maxx bulkheads are suppose to be much stronger but I also hear their still breakable in some cases. As long as you dont have a perfect upside down landing from a pretty great height then you will be fine. Oh and using the body when ever possible is always a smart choice because when i broke the bulks on my e-maxx it was always when I didnt use the body.
-TD
Old 06-24-2008, 08:07 PM
MaxxOrange

i think you should buy a stock emaxx and sell the stampede because it is 4wd, alot bigger, meaner looking, ALOT more fun driving than the stampede, has more body choices, more wheel and tires combo choices, can go over and through stuff, ITS WATERPROOF!! and an all around cooler truck than the stampede, i have both a stampede vxl on 3s and a stock emaxx (which will be BL and 4s lipo), so i can comment on both trucks, when you put the pede next to the emaxx, the pede looks like a little walmart truck ( no offense to pede lovers as i am one). so good luck AD.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:10 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: VXL TACO

i think you should buy a stock emaxx and sell the stampede because it is 4wd, alot bigger, meaner looking, ALOT more fun driving than the stampede, has more body choices, more wheel and tires combo choices, can go over and through stuff, ITS WATERPROOF!! and an all around cooler truck than the stampede, i have both a stampede vxl on 3s and a stock emaxx (which will be BL and 4s lipo), so i can comment on both trucks, when you put the pede next to the emaxx, the pede looks like a little walmart truck ( no offense to pede lovers as i am one). so good luck AD.
trust me, i have tons of reasons to stick with the stampede. the two things i can't comment on is durability, and fun. that's all i really care about.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:24 PM
MaxxOrange

hey its your money and YOUR choice, do whatever you want, if your happy then im happy, what you do doesnt effect me so...its really up to you and noone else on this forum.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:32 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: VXL TACO

hey its your money and YOUR choice, do whatever you want, if your happy then im happy, what you do doesnt effect me so...its really up to you and noone else on this forum.
just asking for some opinions, that's all..

sometimes you don't always know what's best for yourself.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:36 PM
MaxxOrange

no dude i understand, thats not what im saying, i looked to takedown and some other people on RCU for emaxx guidance, and look what i bought last saturday lol? if you have done LOTS of research, gotten lots of peoples opinions, only the people that own pede and emaxx count, otherwise its an empty suggestion, then that will help you decide better for yourself. understand?
Old 06-24-2008, 08:39 PM
Always Dreamin

i know the differences. i just don't have first hand experience.

on durability
and fun

i know the facts, i just need to know peoples opinions.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:47 PM
MaxxOrange

well i gave you mine on your thread AND on phone, and i hope they helped you man, i wouldnt want you to choose the wrong choice, because if you do, you will SEVERELY regret it, and regret and guilt is probably the 2 worst feelings, so be careful with your choice.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:53 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

I really don't even want to get into the discussion about the pede VS the Maxx, because there really isn't anything to talk about. 2wd VS 4wd is a funny subject. Not to mention that the Maxx is almost twice the size of the pede.
Here is an example. I have two E-maxx's Old Wide Maxx versions and I love them. I had a pede and gave it to my nephew after running it once.

The best would actually be a Brushless LST2, hands down. It would even walk all over the E-Revo
Old 06-24-2008, 08:53 PM
MaxxOrange

ORIGINAL: IloveMYxt2

dude no offense, but what the **** emaxx are you talking about? the VERY first skinny version? because the new one, even the old one is nothing like what you just said, thats the dumbest opinion on the emaxx ive ever heard, its nothing AT ALL like a crappy radioshack POS R/C, i doubt youve driven an emaxx at all if you say these things. dont get all pissy because of what i said either, not starting a flame war, but my gosh that is just such a STUPID statement..
Old 06-24-2008, 08:59 PM
Always Dreamin

im working on my parents right now...... []
Old 06-24-2008, 09:32 PM
MaxxOrange

well the best of luck to you Travis, ive got my fingers, toes, and shoelaces crossed for you lol.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:01 PM
Always Dreamin

thanks. no break through yet. they are kinda saying, it's your money. that makes me feel even more afraid i will make the wrong choice!
Old 06-24-2008, 10:05 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

After awhile the lipo/fast & powerful stage wears off when you have the pede. All it basically is, is zip zip zip up and down the street because if you run offroad its to undontrollable in most circumstances and the pede IMO isnt a great offroader seeing that it is only 2wd. The durability of the E-maxx 3905 is right up their with the durability of your pede for sure. The only thing Ive ever broke on the old e-maxx was the bulkheads and the new E-maxx bulkheads are suppose to be much stronger but I also hear their still breakable in some cases. As long as you dont have a perfect upside down landing from a pretty great height then you will be fine. Oh and using the body when ever possible is always a smart choice because when i broke the bulks on my e-maxx it was always when I didnt use the body.

"As posted on TheToyz Forums"
Old 06-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: Takedown

"As posted on TheToyz Forums"
hey man. already posted that quote from you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.