Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
Stampede
35.00%
E-maxx
55.00%
Other (please list)
10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Stampede Vxl Vs Stock 3905 E-maxx

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Always Dreamin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stampede Vxl Vs Stock 3905 E-maxx

I know the facts.. But I am still stuck. What one is better, funner? It would be a Stampede vxl (mine), pretty hopped up, 2 x 2s lipo, charger, balancer, Ps. Vs a stock e-maxx on 12 NiMh cells.

My Stampede has Rpm a-arms, front bumper, MM esc, lots of stuff.. pretty durable. If I used it, i would just buy lipo and keep it. Or, should i just sell it, or maybe keep it and buy a e-maxx. the e-maxx would have to be run on 12 gp3300 cells.

what would be more durable
overall funner?

i know the fun is up to me, but i want to know from you guys. i haven't drivin a e-maxx in a while, and i don't remember how fun it is. so, how fun is it? much funner?

thanks. sorry if you don't like this thread, but i don't want to waste $350.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Frozen72

Default RE: Stampede Vxl Vs Stock 3905 E-maxx

I've driven a BL pede and a stock E-maxx and the BL pede was more fun. I would keep the pede and save up enough money to get a BL E-Revo or something like that. You would be disappointed in the speed of a stock compared to your pede.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:55 PM
sxcurtin

what about get lipo first and give your rusty/pede a new life!!!!
then decide what to do......
like a 4x4 conversion on a pede?????[>:][>:][>:][>:][>:]
Old 06-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Access

Personally I would save your money, an E-revo is only $80. more than the E-maxx and so much better, after driving the E-revo for the last 2 weekends the E-maxx just feels way too tippy and top-heavy. If I were you I would just learn to like what you have now, save a little more money and get an E-revo, update it to brushless when you have the cash.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:57 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: sxcurtin

what about get lipo first and give your rusty/pede a new life!!!!
then decide what to do......
like a 4x4 conversion on a pede?????[>:][>:][>:][>:][>:]
well, if i was going to keep the pede this is what i would do..

widen
lipo
new stronger servo

if i bought the lipo, it would take much longer to buy the e-maxx.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:58 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: Frozen72

I've driven a BL pede and a stock E-maxx and the BL pede was more fun. I would keep the pede and save up enough money to get a BL E-Revo or something like that. You would be disappointed in the speed of a stock compared to your pede.
i know the speed is slower. but it's 4wd so i'm hoping that will make up for the slower speed. plus, it's got amazing suspension, so that should also make it seem funner. i understand what you're saying, though.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:59 PM
Frozen72

Are you set on getting a E-maxx or is the E-revo and option? Patience is a virtue...
Old 06-24-2008, 04:00 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: Access

Personally I would save your money, an E-revo is only $80. more than the E-maxx and so much better, after driving the E-revo for the last 2 weekends the E-maxx just feels way too tippy and top-heavy. If I were you I would just learn to like what you have now, save a little more money and get an E-revo, update it to brushless when you have the cash.
see, at this time i really don't have much money to spend. i hear the e-maxx needs new bulk heads. and maybe shock towers. i wont have money for that. i need some update. it's either lipo, widen, and new servo. or sell the pede and get the e-maxx. the e-revo is a little over my budget but if it's really that much better.. everyone i've talked to loves their new e-maxx.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:02 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: Frozen72

Are you set on getting a E-maxx or is the E-revo and option? Patience is a virtue...
the e-revo is a little out of my budget. plus, my batteries are a year old and that extra $80 would really put me in the hole, and leave no room for upgrades, fixing, or new batteries. i have had the same stampede for two years and am looking at something new. if you guys say the e-revo is 100x better then the e-maxx as far as durabillity and handling (for bashing), then i might just stick with the e-maxx, as the e-revo is a tad too much.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:04 PM
Always Dreamin

Durability is the biggest factor....... [&:]
Old 06-24-2008, 04:05 PM
sxcurtin

still the lipo would keep you entertained for awhile. a 3s protek 4000mah is only $85. if you crash and ruin it you can get another for half price and amain will sort any issues you have.(if any) i got a triton jr($69) the lipo listed and the equinox and a novak black box 9a power supply as the triton jr is dc. i dont regret it any bit. im easily doing over 60 but no excact figure.
GET LIPO!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2008, 04:05 PM
carlbellybutton10

i love my emaxx. i cant wait untill i go brushless. if you run your tires backwards then you dont flip as much in the corners i think. but my emaxx has full custom alluminum chasis like the gorillamaxx that lowers the batteries so that also makes it not so top heavy.one thing about the emaxx is you can make it competly bulletproff for not taht much. and the only bad this is dual batteries.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:07 PM
Always Dreamin

still the lipo would keep you entertained for awhile. a 3s protek 4000mah is only $85. if you crash and ruin it you can get another for half price and amain will sort any issues you have.(if any) i got a triton jr($69) the lipo listed and the equinox and a novak black box 9a power supply as the triton jr is dc. i dont regret it any bit. im easily doing over 60 but no excact figure.
GET LIPO!!!!!!
ya, but you have to understand... once i go lipo, i wont be getting the e-maxx. well, i might, but my chances will be wayy reduced.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:08 PM
Frozen72

I would get Li-Po and then save up and get a E-Maxx or E-revo and have some extra $$$ for up-grades/BL. (not that the E-revo would need much out of the box compared to the E-Maxx). Thats what I think the best option is.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:13 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just buy the 16.8 E-Maxx and sell the Pede.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:14 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

but WHY
Old 06-24-2008, 04:14 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the difference in your pede on nimh and on lipo is like night and day. a 20c 2s lipo will be a great upgrade, and make you feel like your truck is new. a 3s lipo will make you feel like youve got the fastest rc ever! keep the vxl for now, upgrade your battery and have fun all summer. save over winter for something else for next summer.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:16 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

the difference in your pede on nimh and on lipo is like night and day. a 20c 2s lipo will be a great upgrade, and make you feel like your truck is new. a 3s lipo will make you feel like youve got the fastest rc ever! keep the vxl for now, upgrade your battery and have fun all summer. save over winter for something else for next summer.
i tried 12 cells. it was so fast that to be honest it was losing it's fun, IMO. i think i would get 2 2s.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:20 PM
sxcurtin

i see what you mean but if you get a lipo you wont regret it and the emaxx will go out of your mind as youll be too busy trying to control it!!!!
believe me im getting 30mins+ doing 60+mph speed runs.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:24 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i think i see what you are saying alittle. the pede handles worse than the rusty, and myrusty on 3s is a hand full. sometimes i dont even feel like im in control...lol. iv too thought of going the way of a BL emaxx. i just dont have the money. i agree tho, that for the money youd be better off doing a BL revo if you can. it has the best handling, and is just as tough as a emaxx. iv picked up a HL mad truck, a cheap 4wd truck. i have to modify the gears, so i can use 32 pitch gears. the stock pitch is wierd and the gearing is too high for my vxl motor. iv run it alittle, and its very controllable compared to my rusty(on the same 2s lipo) im gonna see if this truck can handle 3s.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:26 PM
sxcurtin

2s protek 4000mah 20c, How much??????????

$50 (i think)!!!!!!!!

if you were to get a 3s lipo you will be exactly as nitrosportsandrunner said. no doubt.

$85 for a 3s with great cover and you will be pleanty occupied. what charger do you have????
Old 06-24-2008, 04:32 PM
Always Dreamin

2s protek 4000mah 20c, How much??????????

$50 (i think)!!!!!!!!

if you were to get a 3s lipo you will be exactly as nitrosportsandrunner said. no doubt.

$85 for a 3s with great cover and you will be pleanty occupied. what charger do you have????
i'm pretty sure i would get 2s. right now i am going 30 mph and i would be more then happy with 40 mph.

i would be using the b5 charger, but i don't have it yet.

stock e-maxx vs 2s lipo hopped up pede.. tough. [&:]
Old 06-24-2008, 04:32 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

but WHY

Because........................ I told you to.................................. LMAO
Old 06-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Access

ORIGINAL: Always Dreamin
see, at this time i really don't have much money to spend. i hear the e-maxx needs new bulk heads. and maybe shock towers. i wont have money for that. i need some update. it's either lipo, widen, and new servo. or sell the pede and get the e-maxx. the e-revo is a little over my budget but if it's really that much better.. everyone i've talked to loves their new e-maxx.
There's no reason to sell a perfectly good platform that works. Don't get tied up with the "vehicle-of-the-month" crowd. Today they might be talking big about the E-maxxes but tommorow they will all sell them and buy slash's or E-revos or 4wd buggies or whatever the next 'hot item' is. If you are short on money, remember that every time you sell something, you lose some value, and everytime you buy something new, you pay a premium. I still have setup from 3 years ago and it doesn't stop me from still driving them and having fun with them.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:48 PM
sxcurtin

so going on what access said get LIPO!!!!
a 3s on training mode is very fun especially when you get an hour of run time!!!
the protek lipo is great and i dunno why ye get chargers for $120 that the triton jr for $70 will do nearly as much?????[&:][&:][&:] most still require a power supply anyway!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.