Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Durable, fast buggy for jumpin'

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 08:30 AM
nikg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Durable, fast buggy for jumpin'

OK, I was just watching some youtube videos and have decided that buggies totally rock for jumping. I guess they fly because they are so light. The ones I saw were nitros, though, and I want to stick with electric because I already have batteries, etc. etc.

So, at $200 is the Bandit VXL my best choice for a durable and fast buggy? I'm thinking of going brushless for the speed they are capable of. It would get me to those nitro speeds hard to come by in brushed setups.

I am really looking for something that is durable out of the box. I won't be racing so handling is not a big issue. Don't care much about looks either. Used is fine too, as long as it is fast and durable.

Are there any other choices in new vehicles that can match a Bandit for that price? Used setups for that price that I should consider? It's almost like the Bandit buys the Velineon system and they throw in the rest of the buggy for free. Hard to pass up.

Thanks
Old 06-30-2008, 08:48 AM
sxcurtin

Default RE: Durable, fast buggy for jumpin'

sounds like the bandit is a perfect choice for you. mine handles great. no complaints. sure can take a beatin'.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:55 AM
paul_TAB4

yup bandit is your best bet.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:23 PM
nikg

Rustler is always mentined as a bashable stadium truck.
Is the Bandit the Rustler of the buggy world?
If it's halfway decent, then it is so hard to pass up at such a cheap price.