Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Electric Vs. Nitro... which one?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 03:04 PM
slodogg62

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Vs. Nitro... which one?

I know this will get alot of different answers. but which is better, electric or nitro? im not looking for something particulary fast at all.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:29 PM
Rebeldude
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Electric Vs. Nitro... which one?

Depends on what you are looking for in a RC vehicle. With Brushless systems now, the electrics are just as fast as Nitro. The fun with nitro is the sound and the smoke. The realistic factor I guess you would say. I like them both myself. The Nitro takes more work IMO but is just as fun if not more to drive. Good luck with what ever you decide. This is the best place to get info on what ever you buy.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Chris_RC

uh oh...another one of these threads. Since you dont want to go fast get an electric. less maintence, more time running. Can we lock this thread now?
Old 08-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Fr33ze

Here we go once again.......

Search, and you shall see.

This forum has MORE then enough thredz for this topic, no need to add to the overwhelming list, is there??

But if you must know...

BRUSHLESS RULES!!!!!

Haha!
Old 08-12-2008, 03:44 PM
86waterpumper

I couldn't decide, so I got a few electrics, a nitro, and a baja5b gas lol this is what I reccomend doing
Old 08-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Access

You posted to the electric forum so take a guess what people are going to say. Nitro's reign has come and gone, while there maybe be some regional or local trends, the growth of the hobby has been in electric (and bashing). Electric used to be NiCD batteries, MSCs, brushed motors, 5-minute runtimes, lots of work changing brushes, cutting comm, etc. Nitro used to be, y'know, just gas-and-go, but no more. Now nitro fuel is expensive, more counties are passing noise ordinances and environmental laws, most stock engines are junk, not built to last, and the art / patience of tuning has been lost by most in the modern age. And electric is $50. LiPos that run for 30 minutes, brushless ESCs and motors that need no maintainance, and performance far beyond any nitro user could ever dream of. So take your pick and think of today and tommorow, not the past.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Anomie

See this thread:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7826024/tm.htm

and you'll find a host of information and opinions. Access has a good point - you posted in an electric forum so the resulting responses will likely be skewed.

Topic closed.