Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

whats the fastest brushed motor

i dont want to go brushless yet so what is the fastest i can get or what should i get that i could gear fast but keep it cool and run in nimh battaries.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: whats the fastest brushed motor

Probably any one with the lowest turns.
    and airplanes were in

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Checkpoint 9T Tebo edition would be good.
    Losi 2.0 ~ 8T 2.0 ~ XXX-T CR ~ XXX-NT AD2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rotor head33

i dont want to go brushless yet so what is the fastest i can get or what should i get that i could gear fast but keep it cool and run in nimh battaries.
    Hehe, if that existed, we wouldn't all want to go brushless if you want more speed, go with a lower turn motor... but with lower turns comes higher amp draw, which means more heat, and less run time.... its a trade-off.... you can get brushless like power out of a brushed motor with the right turn count and gearing, but the motor wont survive long....
    1/16 e-revo vxl, Mini LST2, Blade 120SR heli, Blade MSR heli, Blade MBCX heli, Slowstick, Minimag, DX7, DX3S

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

see i simply wanted somthing quicker than the titan and i will be running 7 cells so i dont know what to get or how to gear it best

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, first off, what ESC do you have? Rather, what is the turn limit? If you want the most speed, you want the lowest turn motor your ESC can handle... but remember that lower turns = more amp draw... I have heard that a titan 12Turn 550 is about equal to a 17turn 540 motor....
    1/16 e-revo vxl, Mini LST2, Blade 120SR heli, Blade MSR heli, Blade MBCX heli, Slowstick, Minimag, DX7, DX3S

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

see i simply wanted somthing quicker than the titan and i will be running 7 cells so i dont know what to get or how to gear it best
    Oh, that Titan can only handle a 15t 540 motor so I would get a good 19t motor like a Checkpoint Money 19t. Or maybe a 15t like a Orion Formula 15X2.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

see im not going to keep the stock xl5 esc if i dont have to. heres what im lookin for i should have said this first. its goin in a rusty and i want the most speed i can get for racing offroad but what i had intentions of doin is getting somthing maybe not so fast but gear it as fast as i can and run a 7cell. im open to esc and motor choices. i just need some help see i like wheelies but im a speed demon so if i could have both that would be great but i mostly want speed. thanks

rotor

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

if your buying a good brushed esc, and a good brushed motor, you may not have to spend much more to go brushless. And you'll love the results...wheelies and speed if thats what ya want.
    E-firestorm - traxxas velineon brushless. Zippy 20c 5000 mah 3s
    Blitz ese

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

see i want wheelies and speed now and pay out of my pocket but for christmas drop a line to "santa clause"[:-] and get a brushless sidewinder 4600 and a maxamp combo pack

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

7-6 turn, 5 turn if you can find someone to make a custom wind for ya but nothing says crap run time and ridiculous maintainence like a low turn brushed motor
    6S E-maxx - 4S slash - 2S TT-01E

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

see im not going to keep the stock xl5 esc if i dont have to. heres what im lookin for i should have said this first. its goin in a rusty and i want the most speed i can get for racing offroad but what i had intentions of doin is getting somthing maybe not so fast but gear it as fast as i can and run a 7cell. im open to esc and motor choices. i just need some help see i like wheelies but im a speed demon so if i could have both that would be great but i mostly want speed. thanks

rotor

For racing offroad you don`t want a speed motor like 9 turn or lower , unless you run on a huge track . Get a good Team Checkpoint 19 turn money motor for 19 t class and maybe a 12-14 turn for mod class . A good 19 turn is m uch faster then the Traxxas titan motors .

But to answer your question , 6 turn is about the fastest unless you know someone to custom make a motor .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Get a good quality motor, it's better for you to get a used reedy ti, or kr, orion revolution, checkpoint or something decent than to buy say a new peak racing raven or some such bushing motor even if it's a lower turn...I bet you that a good used motor even that is half worn out and needing a comm cut and brushes would outperform most of these unrebuildable closed can motors. If I was you i'd aim for something in the middle. Some of the signature orion motor can run up towards 100 bucks that's sort of silly to spend that on a brushed motor. I'd get one from someone like banzaimotors or fantom racing etc, one of the tuners you can get a good ball bearing hand wound mod motor if you look around for between 30-50 bucks depending on who it's from and how much it's been tweaked. Don't get too low on the turns, I'd stay with something at least above a 10 turn, 12 would probably be a good balance, when you get under this you really start going through brushes and all fast. You know I still like brushed motors, I see plenty of vids of cars and trucks on insane brushless power and yeah they are entertaining, but I don't think that the brushless escs have caught up in terms of smoothness through the WHOLE range of power etc especially the non sensored ones...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: dacaur

Well, first off, what ESC do you have? Rather, what is the turn limit? If you want the most speed, you want the lowest turn motor your ESC can handle... but remember that lower turns = more amp draw... I have heard that a titan 12Turn 550 is about equal to a 17turn 540 motor....
    Wrong, the Titan 550 12t is about equal to a 15t 540.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Always Dreamin

A good 19t motor would kill the Titan.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: Always Dreamin

A good 19t motor would kill the Titan.

LOL , I already said that .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For what you are going to spend on a good brushed motor and ESC the brushless is cheaper. I had a novak esc(XRS sport)$50, team checkpoint money motor+$50, brushes for that motor are $10 for two plus you have to cut the comm and there is a lot of maitnence involved. In the long run it cost more to maintain a brushed setup than to buy brushless. I bought the sidewinder 4600 combo for 140 and it is amazing. I will never go back to brushed. The torqe, speed, and runtimes are awsome. The best part is NO MAITNENCE!!!!

It would be cheaper to go brushless now than later. Just my 2 cents
    4s Slash- mamba max- turnigy 36-57 2600kv- flm adpters and 1/8 buggy badlands- tons of rpm and aluminum upgrades

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: evaderkid

For what you are going to spend on a good brushed motor and ESC the brushless is cheaper. I had a novak esc(XBR sport)$50, team checkpoint money motor+$50, brushes for that motor are $10 for two plus you have to cut the comm and there is a lot of maitnence involved. In the long run it cost more to maintain a brushed setup than to buy brushless. I bought the sidewinder 4600 combo for 140 and it is amazing. I will never go back to brushed. The torqe, speed, and runtimes are awsome. The best part is NO MAITNENCE!!!!

Are you using the Sidewinder 4600 for your Evader or soon to have B4? I dont think the track will allow it. I got a Novak GTX esc for $40, Checkpoint 19t with 2 sets of bushes and 8 pairs of springs, Orion Element 19t motor, Peak 13X5, and a !2X5 armature with good comm sizes all for $50 shipped. Plus $30 shipped for a lathe and $15 in comm cutting fluid, comm fluid, and a comm pen. That is all I will need for a while along with my dtock motor for racing. Why would I sepnd $260 for something that would give me the same performance as my stock motor and I also get a couple more motors? im talking about a Novak 17.5

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

see i want wheelies and speed now and pay out of my pocket but for christmas drop a line to "santa clause"[:-] and get a brushless sidewinder 4600 and a maxamp combo pack
    You don't need a lipo to run brushless, if that's your concern.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: evaderkid

For what you are going to spend on a good brushed motor and ESC the brushless is cheaper. I had a novak esc(XRS sport)$50, team checkpoint money motor+$50, brushes for that motor are $10 for two plus you have to cut the comm and there is a lot of maitnence involved. In the long run it cost more to maintain a brushed setup than to buy brushless. I bought the sidewinder 4600 combo for 140 and it is amazing. I will never go back to brushed. The torqe, speed, and runtimes are awsome. The best part is NO MAITNENCE!!!!

Some people including myself prefer brushed over brushless .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

^ do agree but you will end up paying more cash on brushes and comm skims in the end than a BL setup trust me my 9turn gets about 12 decents runs on 8.4v volts before you see the slow down difference,got sick of getting new brushes installed []
    HPI Baja 5B, T-MAXX3.3, STAMPEDEVXL ,TT-01R

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: TIGER76

^ do agree but you will end up paying more cash on brushes and comm skims in the end than a BL setup trust me my 9turn gets about 12 decents runs on 8.4v volts before you see the slow down difference,got sick of getting new brushes installed []

I`ve been racing brushed for 24 years , have my own lathe ,Team Checkpoint motors don`t go through brushes like most other motors , I know what it costs to run brushed .

If you ran 6 cell 7.2 batts instead of 7 cell 8.4 you wouldn`t be burning through brushes so fast .