Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

T-Bone Racing Q&As

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 08:46 PM
tbrbumpers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Bone Racing Q&As

Hello fellow off road RCers,

Started this thread for those of you who are not acquainted with our products. We welcome your comments, questions, ideas, suggestions and thoughts. As of right now, our main focus is providing after market bumpers and skids for the off road cars and trucks. We are coming out with new items every week and upgrading or changing current models to better serve you our customers.

Please feel free to ask away and if you have a special request or would like to see something changed, we are all ears. Since we do not have major dollars invested in injection molds, we are free to change directions on a dime. Our time from idea to first run consists of a couple of days to a week. We are not bound to a single design either. Many of the cars/ trucks that we cover, have different versions of our bumpers to choose from.

We also will be expanding in the near future to conversion kits and the possibility of our own car.

Rich Grafton
Owner
T-Bone Racing (TBR)
t-bone-racing.com
[email protected]

Old 05-15-2010, 10:27 PM
ScottStaypuff

Default RE: T-Bone Racing Q&As

I have a suggestion. I bunch of us have converted Slash 4x4s to monster trucks. The bumpers sticking out so far look "off" on many of the trucks. Would you be willing to make a smaller bumper set? I have TBR front and rear bumpers on my E-Firestorm and something similar would be great.

Big thread on MT Slash 4x4s:

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=501441

Old 05-15-2010, 11:02 PM
ScottKelly911

TBRbumpers,
Welcome aboard, it's great to see new companies, the more options we've got the better!

ScottStayPuff,
Not to rain on tbone's thread and if they offer what you're looking for, awesome! But have you checked out the RPM bumpers? I have them on my truck and they're front bumpers are much shorter than the stock bumpers and quite honestly wish they extended out further, but for your purposes, they'd may be perfect.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:46 PM
tbrbumpers

Can do. Have to bring a 4WD slash in to double check the mounting areas. We just came out with the Bashers for the 1/10 short course trucks. All we have to do is shorten them to work with your monster. Piece of cake. E-Mail me at [email protected] and I will work you up some to test for us. Rich
Old 05-15-2010, 11:47 PM
tbrbumpers

What may I ask are you running the RPM bumpers on?
Old 05-16-2010, 12:46 AM
ScottKelly911

Tbr,
that's awesome that you've got the ability to do stuff like that. it's like customized parts, love it! My RPM's are on my Slash 4x4 PE. Been pretty happy with them honestly, though I did break one of the rear brackets, but I blame myself, I take some tumbles! lol
Old 05-16-2010, 12:59 AM
Dialed_In

I saw your bumpers on ebay not too long ago. Have you ever considered making a bumper that looks similar to an SC truck bumper? I'm working on an Ofna LX1e that I will be bashing and it will probably end up as a SC conversion. It would be nice to have a simple solution rather that trying to fit existing SC truck bumpers to the buggy. From the front of the chassis to front of the SC body is about 2" so the bumper would need to extend longer than that.

Also, I see you only have the Pro bumper available for the LX1e. Will the LX One bumpers fit the LX1e? I'm looking for something larger that the Pro.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:05 AM
ScottStaypuff

YEAH, I am making an Lx1e into a short course truck using a Losi Strike body. I second that motion!! Good call. How about some SC side bumpers for it too then?
Old 05-16-2010, 11:05 AM
tbrbumpers

Dialed,

Cool looking ride! Seems like the wave of things at the moment ie: converting 1/8 buggys to SC's. The LX Comp, Ultra LX Pro and the Ultra LX 1e share the same bumpers. We also have a 1/8 Racer that has not been released yet. It is between the Pro and our Basher as far as size. Do you want something like our current SC Basher or do you want the bumper to stop inside the body? We can do it all!
We have most cars laying around here, and if we don't, ebay is not far away. Email me at [email protected] and we can get a design that you like.
Rich
Old 05-16-2010, 11:06 AM
tbrbumpers

SSP,

What did you have in mind for the sides?
Rich
Old 05-16-2010, 11:25 AM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi Rich, i see that your website says that you guys use Delrin and Nylon. Many home made Savage Roll Cages are made out of Delrin/Nylon tubing and they worked great! Most of the roll cages I found for Savage are like $100+, if you can make a similar design that is much cheaper, I'm sure a lot of people will buy it.

Here are some examples, it doesn't have to be like this but something that protects the engine during roll over would be awesom.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:34 PM
tbrbumpers

Sam,

Will look into the cages. It's time to take our business to the next level and expand to other areas. Keep the ideas coming!
Old 05-16-2010, 01:41 PM
rymansl2

I can vouch for T-Bone Racing's bumpers. Quality stuff and almost impossible to break. I had a front bumper on my Evader back in the day and it didn't even flinch until I accidentally had a full speed frontal collision with a curb. On top of the great products is amazing customer service. All I had to do is email a picture of the broken bumper to one of their friendly associates, and they sent out a new bumper with no questions asked. Highly recommended [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 05-16-2010, 01:52 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

also Rich, make t-bone-racing.com a link instead of plain text so people can just click on it instead of copy and paste.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:53 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i would buy any good plastic upgrades for the losi strike. only losi make hop-ups right now, and they are all aluminum parts which cost WAY to much and will eventually bend.
so, a-arms-bumpers-shocktowers....maybe a cool realistic looking roll cage?
Old 05-16-2010, 02:03 PM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

I second or 3rd the roll cages, a nice realistic one for my slash would be a definite buy for me.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:10 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

oh, i almost forgot...mud flaps. the strike doesnt have any! should be pretty easy to make a mount and some rubber mats!
Old 05-16-2010, 02:42 PM
mechanizeddeath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd love to have a huge, sturdy plastic bumper for my Tamiya DF-03 Dark Impact. I try not to run into anything yet still it happens.

Also maybe a line of bumpers for the Tamiya re-releases like the Frog and Grasshopper? The stock ones work well enough, but something bigger would be fun.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:52 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

and maybe some scale looking plastic bumpers for rock crawlers?
Old 05-16-2010, 03:37 PM
tbrbumpers

Mechanize,

We have bumpers for the Dark Impact. The Racer one which is about 6" wide and our Racer Brace which is the Racer and extends under the chassis to mount past the breaking point. It helps to keep you from breaking your chassis. [link=http://t-bone-racing.com/catalog/i250.html]TBR Racer Brace for Dark Impact[/link]
Old 05-16-2010, 06:30 PM
mechanizeddeath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks! I looked around and didn't see anything, but I guess I didn't look hard enough. So many companies forget about Tamiya. Ordering one now, thanks for your support!
Old 05-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Dialed_In

ORIGINAL: tbrbumpers

Dialed,

Cool looking ride! Seems like the wave of things at the moment ie: converting 1/8 buggys to SC's. The LX Comp, Ultra LX Pro and the Ultra LX 1e share the same bumpers. We also have a 1/8 Racer that has not been released yet. It is between the Pro and our Basher as far as size. Do you want something like our current SC Basher or do you want the bumper to stop inside the body? We can do it all!
We have most cars laying around here, and if we don't, ebay is not far away. Email me at [email protected] and we can get a design that you like.
Rich
Thanks Rich! I was thinking that the bumper should be outside of the body. Something that looks similar to the Slash and Strike bumpers. If done right I figure it would be popular with those making conversions.

I did a quick mock up and eyeballed my Slash's bumper. It's not perfect and my angles are off but it should give an idea of what I'm looking for. I realize that you cannot make the small part that sticks out on both sides as they wouldn't be very strong. Perhaps there is a way to keep the design close without sacrificing looks. I would like to see some light holes and maybe parts of the bumper "routed" out to copy a real SC bumper. Round edges instead of angled would look great. It would also be nice if the bumper continued underneath the chassis as a skid plate. I don't ask for much do I .

Old 05-16-2010, 09:29 PM
tbrbumpers

Here are some pics of the Bashers we have out for the Slash. We can make what you are looking for, however you do compromise the strength when adding the holes down under. Will cad one up for you guys to look at. Rich
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76449.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	1437317   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95895.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	1437318  
Old 05-16-2010, 09:54 PM
ScottStaypuff

ORIGINAL: tbrbumpers

Here are some pics of the Bashers we have out for the Slash. We can make what you are looking for, however you do compromise the strength when adding the holes down under. Will cad one up for you guys to look at. Rich
Something like that would be great for the Lx1e. I'm ok without the holes, I'd prefer strength. As far as the side bumpers, I wouldn't care much how they looked as long as the body would be kept from crumpling.

As far as the Slash 4x4 monster trucks. Maybe we could figure out a size that would be good for most people running the shorter bodies.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:28 PM
tbrbumpers

SSP,

I have a Ultra LX Pro that shares the same hole patterns as well as Slash body. If I get a chance between production runs tomorrow, I will whip out a design for you to check out. Rich

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.