Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Losi xxx-nt electric w. pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 08:48 AM
Stang444

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi xxx-nt electric w. pics!!!

I was wondering how many teeth on the spur gear should I have (I'm buying a new one) for a 27 turn motor with a 20 tooth pinion and this esc: [link]http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAXT7&P=7[/link] Im going for a sport around the yard setup and i have a nitro xxx-nt converted to electric. Need help soon dads takin me to the lhs today!!!! Thanx peeps
Old 09-27-2008, 09:36 AM
Chris_RC

Default RE: Not a noob but need advice

Can I have some pics of the E-xxx-nt? Im thinking of doing the conversion myself.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:42 AM
aftermarket
My Feedback: (2)

A spur in the range of 80-90 would be good. Tbh, I would lose the 27t motor and try to go brushless.

Anyway, the higher the teeth in the spur, the better your acceleration and runtime/temps

The lower the teeth, the higher the top end. Your batteries would be drained really quick and your temperatures would skyrocket.

Oh, and make sure the spur fits if you decide to use a larger spur.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:35 AM
Stang444

Well Im rebuilding the kit to fit the spur I buy and Ill get pics up, and yea Im doing budget for now, but I have my heart set on a mm 5700 setup but Im not sure if the tranny can take it...
Old 09-27-2008, 11:11 AM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: whothefashizle

A spur in the range of 80-90 would be good. Tbh, I would lose the 27t motor and try to go brushless.

Anyway, the higher the teeth in the spur, the better your acceleration and runtime/temps

The lower the teeth, the higher the top end. Your batteries would be drained really quick and your temperatures would skyrocket.

Oh, and make sure the spur fits if you decide to use a larger spur.
80-90 is WAY too much. the stock xxx-nt comes with a 53t spur (32 pitch) and 18t clutch bell. A 80t wouldnt even fit.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:47 PM
Stang444

Well my lhs gave me a 32 pitch pinion 22t and a 51t kevlar spur. so wicked speed and wicked temps......
But yea so Im going to go get the esc 2mrw, and everything went well today!!!!! Im getting a traxxas xl1 esc or a dynamite tazer 15t esc. Ppl tell me what you think I should pick??? But pixcs soon and Im also going to run once tomorrow and then put deans on everything and maybe a fan...
Old 09-28-2008, 08:43 AM
Stang444

[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn19/stang444/NSiQuazitepics115.jpg[img]

[/img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn19/stang444/NSiQuazitepics116.jpg[/img]

I have some better pics Ill post em later
Old 09-28-2008, 10:48 AM
Chris_RC

Default RE: Losi xxx-nt electric w. pics!!!

A little tooo close up. Did you do the conversion by yourself or did someone do it for you? What kind of battery is that? Have you ran it yet? Be sure to take a video. how fast does it go?
Old 09-28-2008, 04:45 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

That looks to be one of the easiest platforms to convert to electric that I have seen
Old 09-28-2008, 06:54 PM
Stang444

Vid coming? you can count on it!

Better pics, coming up!

How fast? Really suprisingly fast for the electronics

What battery? Trinity thunder sport 3200 mah 6-cell nimh

Diy? Yea all me man

Here I posted this on another site:

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________

Man o man!!!!! I havent run in a while so today was a real fun day. The 27 turn and tazer esc performed realllly nice today its pretty dang fast for stockish equipment! But anyways, I have some work to do,

first I would like to find a good cheap way to mount my batteries without blowing through my pack of zip ties.

2. I want deans on the batts then when I buy more on the motor.

3. She needs a fan on the motor first then maybe one on the esc too....

4.lastly I broke a shock tower today in the rear, but I have a temporary fix until I get a new one

But over all today, several front end collisions ( mostly when dad drove) and big jums a few spectacular cartwheel crashes and also running into a tree stump and taking it as some kind of vertical jump?!?!?

All held up exept for the faulty shock tower! Im really satisfied
Old 09-29-2008, 10:56 AM
Stang444

I reallly broke the shock tower today and almost lost the whole truck to a storm drain...[X(][X(][X(][X(][X(] SCARY!!!!!!!!! But I'm taking more pics and as soon as I get a new shock tower, Ill b on my way and I'll do a radar test! WOOOT!!!!!!
Old 09-29-2008, 03:45 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: Stang444

I reallly broke the shock tower today and almost lost the whole truck to a storm drain...[X(][X(][X(][X(][X(] SCARY!!!!!!!!! But I'm taking more pics and as soon as I get a new shock tower, Ill b on my way and I'll do a radar test! WOOOT!!!!!!
Talking about a storm drain this guy gave me a XTm Mammoth MT to sell for him and I was driving it around with a futaba receiver and a jr radio. Futaba doesnt work well with other brands so I had to get real close to it for it to work and 1 time it lost control and went into this ditch type thing with all this sewage water!!
Old 09-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Stang444

Yikes!!! DId you get it back???
___________________________________________-
Update:

I ran three packs today, and its just like 20 minutes ago just b4 dark I ran like heck and drove lik you really drive rc's beating the living crap out of it lol. And my tamiya connectors fused together...Time for deans!!!!!! Anyone have any good way to get them un-fused???
Old 09-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Chris_RC

Yea only half of it went into the water.

What do you mean be fused?
Old 09-29-2008, 10:13 PM
dirtpile

Just cut them off. You're gonna have to to put the Deans on anyway.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:23 AM
The Hedgehog

Lol no wonder Futaba + JR don't mix.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:05 PM
Stang444

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

Yea only half of it went into the water.

What do you mean be fused?

Ive been wrking on the deans today...pain in the A**!!!! by fused I mean they were literaly melted together so that I couldnt pull them apart.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:05 AM
Stang444

So I was wondering if anyone had tips on keeping the temps down and the fun up lol Because Im like stopping halfway through the packs and letting the car cool which is really annoying. SO I have a lot of grass around and since this is mainly for bashing, i figured that traction doesnt have to be 100%.
On that note would some road dawgs have less resistance in grass than step pins??? ( and it would be fun to slide around the dirt lol) Other than that I am working on the deans, and stuff, maybe a cooling fan but I need more ideas!!! Someone hook a brotha up!

Heres some pics:

Old 10-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Stang444

Killer meaning bad??? SO I am going to put road dawgs on the rear to lower resistance and mass and clean and replace some of the bearings with acer racing bearings. and a fan and heat sink are really the only other things I can do towards heat... so I ran today with the deans and It ran reallly good on the first pack, and I noticed a great improvement in my temps, but the second pack...im still fairly new to the whole rc scene so correct me if Im wrong, but I think it was cogging?!? Like the power would go: on off on off on off onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...like that and every time I hit the throttle trigger thats what happened and it was after the deans were installed...coincedence? any tips on cogging/glitching probs???
Old 10-02-2008, 07:45 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

Cogging is only on sensorless brushless. It could have been glitching, esc, or connection issues. For temps, your spur/pinion setup looks way over-geared for a 27t motor. That could also explain why it seems so fast. Try a smaller pinion gear.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:35 PM
crazyjr

Glad to see you got it running, The stock spur would be best, for overall bashing. I have converted an RC10GT and love it, I run a smaller higher voltage Lipo on a low KV brushless setup. It allows me to run the battery across the chassis and against the motor mount
Old 10-03-2008, 08:54 AM
Stang444

I was almost thinking of doing that across the chassis battery thing. And yeah, Im going for a smaller pinion as soon as I can find a decent one. My lhs is mostly like large scale rc so I may have to order...And its actually running a looooot cooler with the deans, but I have a couple more things for temp reduction. Oh and custom tamiyas4life, what do you mean that its over geared for a 277 motor? (I know its overgeared) but is there a better motor I could be running thats not bls 4 now?
Old 10-03-2008, 09:01 AM
Chris_RC

Look at the Checkpoint Money 19t motor.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Stang444

Ok I will do that, are you still going to try to do an electric converty to your -nt? I am going to probably do a vid today if my moms ok with it.
(BY THE WAY I WANA ANNOUNCE THAT IM 14, SO WHEN I MENTION MY MOM, IM NOT LIKE A 30 YEAR OLD MAN STILL AT HOME LOL)
But anyway..I was thinking that since the traxxas slash is growing, I might get some slash wheels and body to put on there lol that might be fun...
Old 10-03-2008, 09:54 AM
Stang444

Ps. were going to lake park soon (local to my house lol) and there is an offroad track and I am going to try to get some lil vids

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.