Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

Chart of motor/pinion/spur/esc/battery setups of all popular rc cars & trucks!

Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Chart of motor/pinion/spur/esc/battery setups of all popular rc cars & trucks!

Old 10-27-2008, 06:47 PM
HoaRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chart of motor/pinion/spur/esc/battery setups of all popular rc cars & trucks!

[link=http://RCgearing.com]RCgearing.com[/link]
Old 10-27-2008, 06:54 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Chart of motor/pinion/spur/esc/battery setups of all popular rc cars & trucks!

I added my 10T and Lunchbox. Old, but still in use! Should be interesting to check out when everyone has added tons of them.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:00 PM
HoaRC

Default RE: Chart of motor/pinion/spur/esc/battery setups of all popular rc cars & trucks!

ORIGINAL: Barber420

I added my 10T and Lunchbox. Old, but still in use! Should be interesting to check out when everyone has added tons of them.
When I get the time I will add my whole list:

tt-01
tl-01
losi xxx-t
losi xxx-t brushless
stampede xl5
stampede vxl brushless
stampede vxl brushless aluminum chassis 10Amp Lipo.. whooosh..
rc18t 6800kv 11.1v lipo..

I did not add this yet, because this list is not about me, it's about giving you a way to share your rc experience with us, newbies..
Old 10-27-2008, 07:04 PM
Barber420

ORIGINAL: HoaRC

ORIGINAL: Barber420

When I get the time I will add my whole list:

tt-01
tl-01
losi xxx-t
losi xxx-t brushless
stampede xl5
stampede vxl brushless
stampede vxl brushless aluminum chassis 10Amp Lipo.. whooosh..
rc18t 6800kv 11.1v lipo..

I did not add this yet, because this list is not about me, it's about giving you a way to share your rc experience with us, newbies..
You have 8 RC's and consider yourself a newb?[&:] WOW!![sm=lol.gif]
Old 10-27-2008, 07:58 PM
FairTax4me

You should make it so people can sort the listings according to vehicle, manufacturer, motor, esc, etc. Then if someone wants to see what works for other people running the same car/truck, they can just click right to it. Also might be nice to see tires sizes.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:58 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: FairTax4me

You should make it so people can sort the listings according to vehicle, manufacturer, motor, esc, etc. Then if someone wants to see what works for other people running the same car/truck, they can just click right to it. Also might be nice to see tires sizes.
Arent all 1/10 offroad 2.2 wheels?
Old 10-27-2008, 09:11 PM
Krazy Chicken

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

tire size is different, on my blackfoot their 5" tall on my stadium blitzer their 3.8" tall
Old 10-27-2008, 09:12 PM
HoaRC

Wow there are 31 responses in two days! I will wait until the end of the week and send a spreadheet your way so you can sort out by vehicle, manufacturer, motor, esc, etc. it will require someone to go through and edit the whole chart by hand..
Old 10-27-2008, 09:21 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: Stampede Killer

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

tire size is different, on my blackfoot their 5" tall on my stadium blitzer their 3.8" tall
I mean most 1/10 Stadium trucks.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:41 PM
Krazy Chicken

most stadium truck tires are around 4" tall
Old 10-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Chris_RC

I mean the wheel size. I have never measured how tall they are. Like 2.2, 2.8, etc. All I know is that anything over 2.2 wheels for 1/10 is too big and should get hot early.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Barber420

New rustlers run a 2.8" wheel. Gotta give it that cool low pro look and detract from dirt handling! The tires remain the same size though, about 3.75".
Old 10-28-2008, 04:22 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

This is a nice chart. It would have a lot of meaning if the tire diameter along with speed was included.

Point being that I can have two identical set-ups (possibly one with 4:1 ratio and the other with 2:1 ratio) one vehicle is twice as fast as the other. For a given vehicle could be geared anywhere in is physical range and be perfectly acceptable for varying conditions.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:25 PM
HoaRC

ORIGINAL: guver

This is a nice chart. It would have a lot of meaning if the tire diameter along with speed was included.

Point being that I can have two identical set-ups (possibly one with 4:1 ratio and the other with 2:1 ratio) one vehicle is twice as fast as the other. For a given vehicle could be geared anywhere in is physical range and be perfectly acceptable for varying conditions.
you have a good point.. if you agree with me that this chart is great for rc noobs and computer geeks [like me ], you might mention it to your rc friends.. maybe some of them will find this project interesting and will fill out the form too..
Old 10-28-2008, 10:54 PM
fusebmx13

I added my stampede but it did not show up yet?
Old 10-28-2008, 11:15 PM
HoaRC

Thanks for your entry..! If it doesn't show up, just PM me.. meanwhile, all 140 entries are up on [link=http://RCgearing.com]RCgearing.com[/link]
Old 01-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Steveum

Glad to see that there are folks out there that think about gearing so much and to come up with a list like that..
Old 07-03-2011, 11:07 PM
HoaRC

website back up. bump!