Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

dewalt/e-revo

I just picked up a 12volt new style dewalt motor from sears with the intention of installing it in my e-revo. I got it in today. The mounting holes for the motor are 32mm where as the motor mount for the e-revo is 29mm . So I dremeled it out a hair to fit. The stock dewalt mounting holes are 4mm. Lucky I had a few 4mm screws lying around. So all in all its a direct fit other than the mounting screws.

I had not broke it in yet but wanted to see how it was going to run. Well its all hooked up and with a 20/65 gearing, it did a standing backflip in my livingroom(thats with the extended rear arms too) I have since taken the motor back out to do a proper breakin on it. So I filled large bowl up with water and had a 8cell nimh pack charged up ready to go. I had my wife hold the motor so it wouldnt spin when I hooked it up to the battery,Only thing is that I forgot it has a large fan built into the motor and it sprayed water all over my rc room in about 1 second. It took 1/2 the bowls water out in that short second(my wife and I got soaked and she got alittle upset ) Well, there went the water breakin. So now I am in the middle of doing a dry breakin.

I will try it out tomorrow and get a few radar results to share. This motor is a big one and should do well and last a little while. I will let you all know how it goes tomorrow.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: dewalt/e-revo

Oh forgot to add this is only a $27.00 motor

Here is the motor I got
    http://www.robotmarketplace.com/prod...396505-20.html

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

stand still back flip! holly shimoley!
    V-Twin E-Revo, Rustler VXL, Stampede XL-5

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah, I didnt expect that either! I cant wait until I can test her out tomorrow. I have gears from 58,62,65,and68 tooth spurs and a 17, 18, 20, and 24 tooth 5mm pinions. I will have my tempgun and radar gun to see how she does.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

NICEEEEEEE!
    V-Twin E-Revo, Rustler VXL, Stampede XL-5

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

must get a vid, or at least pics
    Evader ST, mambafied RC18T, think of getting into drifting with a cup racer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

can you switch the pinion on it? looks like a 5mm shaft
    Let's go Pens!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

just put it back togeather. So its all ready to go tomorrow

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I will get some pics of the little dremeling I had to do of the motor plate tomorrow too.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes its a 5mm shaft. I have a 17,18,20, and 24 tooth 5mm pinions. I will test gearing for temps and speed too.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't think it will have as much torque.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

On the topic, I wonder how this would do compared to say a Mamba, or VXL:

http://www.robotmarketplace.com/prod...389320-00.html

Are you running 4 or 5s?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

that motor is huge, I would think major torque
    Let's go Pens!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: kistner

that motor is huge, I would think major torque
    your probably right, but i wouldn't think it was bigger then 2 titans put together. never know.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My kd 700ho was about the same power as the two titans. This dewalt motor is bigger than the kd 700ho and it has 6 poles(more torque). My twin titans wouldnt do a standing backflip[&:]

I am running 4s lipo.

Well after work today I will get to see what this motors got.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just got to thinking that since this motor can be fitted to the e-revo so can the kd970. Since the dewalt motor and the 970 both have the same mounting screw diameter. Only the dewalt motor has replacable brushes(that only cost $3 at sears) .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

it will be good with it being dewalt !!!

you need to do a yellow shell now lol
    My Rides; Team Associated TC5, Tamiya F103, Tamiya TB-01, Tamiya TT-01E
    NOVAK OR NOTHING

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just got in. Well, to give a comparison the stock motors went 26mph(bone stock) the 700ho did 27.4mph geared 20/86(with wheely bar and extended arms, aluminum pushrods and turnbuckles) Now The dewalt motor geared 20/65 ran 26.6mph (geared 20/58 =28mph but got hot quicker)

Well the stock motors did ok but only lasted 5 minutes running on the sanddunes. Same went for the 700ho(only lasted about 7 mins on the dunes) Today after my few speed runs(if you can call it speed) I went to the dunes to put it through a torture test. All I can say is tha this is the only brushed motor that I have used in any rc truk to last running on the dunes. I ran 2 sets of the enerland 25c 6000s.(about a hour or so,didnt really keep track) I kept the temp gun with me and had to let it cool down after about 15 or so mins(got to 190* at the com and 110* on the can) (in 7 mins on the 700ho it was 250*+ on the can) Oher than a few mins of cool downs every 15 mins it wasnt bad. The motor has alot of lowend torque that helped alot on the dunes.

I am happy that I still have a running motor after going to play on the dunes(I normally only run the brushless stuff there)

So all and all its not the fastest motor but it is by far the most durable brushed motor I have used. I also like that I can pull the brush hoods off to clean them and the com(huge plus)

I would love to see how it compares to the new traxxas 775 motor in the summit

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mycarisaser

I just got in. Well, to give a comparison the stock motors went 26mph(bone stock) the 700ho did 27.4mph geared 20/86(with wheely bar and extended arms, aluminum pushrods and turnbuckles) Now The dewalt motor geared 20/65 ran 26.6mph (geared 20/58 =28mph but got hot quicker)

Well the stock motors did ok but only lasted 5 minutes running on the sanddunes. Same went for the 700ho(only lasted about 7 mins on the dunes) Today after my few speed runs(if you can call it speed) I went to the dunes to put it through a torture test. All I can say is tha this is the only brushed motor that I have used in any rc truk to last running on the dunes. I ran 2 sets of the enerland 25c 6000s.(about a hour or so,didnt really keep track) I kept the temp gun with me and had to let it cool down after about 15 or so mins(got to 190* at the com and 110* on the can) (in 7 mins on the 700ho it was 250*+ on the can) Oher than a few mins of cool downs every 15 mins it wasnt bad. The motor has alot of lowend torque that helped alot on the dunes.

I am happy that I still have a running motor after going to play on the dunes(I normally only run the brushless stuff there)

So all and all its not the fastest motor but it is by far the most durable brushed motor I have used. I also like that I can pull the brush hoods off to clean them and the com(huge plus)

I would love to see how it compares to the new traxxas 775 motor in the summit
    The stock motors only went 26 mph on 4s? It can do 30 on 14 cells.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My 3905 e-maxx did 31mph for the first few runs but the e-revo didnt???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, no more fun for me. My darn esc started blinking red. It was only at 134* and no matter what I do even unplugg the esc and replug the batteries back in it just blinks red(it doesnt even turn off anymore)

I was running for about 20 mins in the backyard and stopped to check temps(motor was at 165 and the esc was 134) I did nothing but stop(I didnt shut of the esc or anything) and all of a sudden the esc stopped working(just the throttle the bec still works) and it started blinking red (blinks 3 times the 2 times and repeats)(the bec works as soon as the batteries get plugged in now???) Dang I need the mmm/combo to hurry up and ship now.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mycarisaser

Well, no more fun for me. My darn esc started blinking red. It was only at 134* and no matter what I do even unplugg the esc and replug the batteries back in it just blinks red(it doesnt even turn off anymore)

I was running for about 20 mins in the backyard and stopped to check temps(motor was at 165 and the esc was 134) I did nothing but stop(I didnt shut of the esc or anything) and all of a sudden the esc stopped working(just the throttle the bec still works) and it started blinking red (blinks 3 times the 2 times and repeats)(the bec works as soon as the batteries get plugged in now???) Dang I need the mmm/combo to hurry up and ship now.
    in the Traxxas manual, it should have the color codes. it might just be something minor that you can fix. if not, call 1-888-traxxas. they should send you a new one, or replace the old one after you send it in. really, try it, you never know.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I checked the manual but here is nothing in it. I also checked traxxas.com to see if there was anything there too(but nope) So I guess I will contact traxxas to see if they can help on monday when they open. Thanks I didnt even think about warrenty

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Get it repaired, sell the EVX-2 and buy something reliable like a Super Duty. That EVX-2 is a pile of poo, you're lucky it didn't fail spectacularly and take out both your lipos.

It's worth noting that these trucks are all designed for twin motors. You are going to overstress a single motor brushed setup unless it's something ridiculous like the 970. Which, incidentally you should try.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Always Dreamin

On the topic, I wonder how this would do compared to say a Mamba, or VXL:

http://www.robotmarketplace.com/prod...389320-00.html

Are you running 4 or 5s?
    Hmmm......Wonder if that would be worth it in a Stampede on 7 cells