Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
Traxxas Stampede
67.19%
Losi High Roller
32.81%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Traxxas Stampede or Losi High Roller??

Old 11-22-2008, 03:49 AM
Damo_MadTruck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Traxxas Stampede or Losi High Roller??

What do you guys think is better??
Old 11-22-2008, 05:38 AM
shaunmichaeljohnson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas Stampede or Losi High Roller??

pede has been around longer so many more hop ups.
the high roller was a bad move by losi, losi make great cars but this was a bad idea, pretty much coppying the pede.

shaun
Old 11-22-2008, 05:43 AM
Damo_MadTruck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, are there any other monster trucks like the stampede??
Old 11-22-2008, 07:20 AM
solo13
My Feedback: (3)

to early to tell
Old 11-22-2008, 08:43 AM
husted

well, my son and i both have pedes. so i will say pede.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:44 AM
Krazy Chicken

ORIGINAL: Damo_MadTruck

Thanks, are there any other monster trucks like the stampede??
yea, their is the tamiya blackfoot xtreme, and that pretty much indestructible
Old 11-22-2008, 11:06 AM
NjBasher

i have to gto wit the high roller cause it looks a bit wider so it would have more stability. it also has really nice tires wrapped around it. the shocks on it are alminum and the losi motor will prolly last longer then the titan
Old 11-22-2008, 11:42 AM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

totally pede, yeah so what if you burn the motor in 10 runs, just buy a venom fireball for like $20 they're cheep and good motors i like mine, preforms very nicely and lasts a long time i've never changed the brushes in 2 years, and it still runs strong

the lug
Old 11-22-2008, 12:04 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: rclugnut10

totally pede, yeah so what if you burn the motor in 10 runs, just buy a venom fireball for like $20 they're cheep and good motors i like mine, preforms very nicely and lasts a long time i've never changed the brushes in 2 years, and it still runs strong

the lug

Venom motors suck. There is a 1/4 chance of getting a good one and people just buy in bulk because it isnt even worth it to change brushes.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Redvanmafia

Never seen anything good come out of venom. my buddy had a 5000mah lipo with a balancer and sure for 20 runs it was wicked, but then it swelled for some reason, and wouldnt last any longer then a 3300 nimh. also there motors are pretty shotty i had a 15t fireball back in the day also this highroller is a losi pede rip off, it wont be as durable im telling you right now traxxas trucks and cars are tanks, a wide pede is 14.75 inches wide the high roller is 12.75 a stock pede is one inch wider
Old 11-22-2008, 01:39 PM
deanR

I have seen the high roller in real life, they just got a shipment in at the lhs. I would rather have my pede vxl. The motor is mounted on top of the transmission, the tires are kinda narrow, but are nice. but the shocks are weird, the ones on the pede are smoother. it uses a cheap motor and esc too. it just feels more fragile then a stampede. I would take the stampede, much more upgrades too since its been around longer.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:14 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd get the pede as well. The Losi 2wd off road transmission STILL has trouble with high power motors.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: deanR

I have seen the high roller in real life, they just got a shipment in at the lhs. I would rather have my pede vxl. The motor is mounted on top of the transmission, the tires are kinda narrow, but are nice. but the shocks are weird, the ones on the pede are smoother. it uses a cheap motor and esc too. it just feels more fragile then a stampede. I would take the stampede, much more upgrades too since its been around longer.
I have also seen them perform. Putting the motor at the top will make it a wheelie machine. So you are saying that Traxxas plastic shocks are better than Losi aluminum threaded body shocks? I have felt the shocks and IMO the Highroller shocks were smoother. And the Titan 12T isnt a cheap motor 9you can get a motor like the Titan for $5) and the XL-5 only handles 540 mtoors down to 15 turns, the Losi handles motors up to 12 turns. The HIGHroller is actually very strong. There was some big jumps people were taking it off and it didnt break and no problems.

ORIGINAL: sheograth

I'd get the pede as well. The Losi 2wd off road transmission STILL has trouble with high power motors.
The gear diff on the highroller is pretty durable. Losi's gear diff as seen on the DT and 1/10 Slider have held up to Sidewinder 4600/3s lipo. I dont know why you are saying STILL is having problems as the DT has only been out a couple months.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:35 PM
Evader ---> MGT

HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN A HIGH ROLLER!?!

Just wanna let you know, it's a solid truck. Can't bash on it until you've driven, or at least seen one!!!
Old 11-22-2008, 11:54 PM
deanR

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: deanR

I have also seen them perform. Putting the motor at the top will make it a wheelie machine. So you are saying that Traxxas plastic shocks are better than Losi aluminum threaded body shocks? I have felt the shocks and IMO the Highroller shocks were smoother. And the Titan 12T isnt a cheap motor 9you can get a motor like the Titan for $5) and the XL-5 only handles 540 mtoors down to 15 turns, the Losi handles motors up to 12 turns. The HIGHroller is actually very strong. There was some big jumps people were taking it off and it didnt break and no problems.

ORIGINAL: sheograth

The gear diff on the highroller is pretty durable. Losi's gear diff as seen on the DT and 1/10 Slider have held up to Sidewinder 4600/3s lipo. I dont know why you are saying STILL is having problems as the DT has only been out a couple months.
Maybe I should re-phrase that. Its not the stocks that arent smooth, they are. I was looking at it again today at the lhs. it is the way the suspension is set up that just felt weird to me. It seems like an ok truck, but they are a little late on making a truck that is competing with the stampede.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:34 AM
thewhitemule

I just bought a High Roller last week. The day after I bought it, I decided to add a mm 5700 kv combo along with a 3s 4000 mah lipo. Needless to say, I have been through 3 sets of transmission gears already. I am beginning to loathe my decision to step away from the pack by not running Traxxas. Anyone want to buy a barely used High Roller with aluminum arms? What I need to know now is what to put my ESC, 5700kv motor, and 3s lipo in that will at least last a full charge? PLEASE HELP!!!![:@]
Old 11-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Chris_RC

I would step down to 2s lipo.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:11 AM
thewhitemule

I guess I wasn't clear on my pertinent question. What would be a good basher for my MM/5700kv cm36 on 3s 4000mah combo. I will be swtiching the High Roller back to brushed motor along with 3300 nimh 6 cell packs soon enough.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:47 AM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

I would step down to 2s lipo.
So you agree that it wont handle 3s then
Old 11-24-2008, 10:56 AM
thewhitemule

Yes, that is absolutely correct! Now, If I could just find the right bashing platform for my BL/Lipo combo. I wanna go fast!! PLEASE HELP!!!
Old 11-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Redvanmafia

stampede, you have people on here that dont no. they'll tell you a high roller then when your stuck with a truck that has no good hop ups breaks all the time and cant handle brushless, they laugh cause they told you to get it. the LHS will sell you anything, stick with what you no is good stampede steel idler steel ring gear on the diff or a whole steel diff, will handle anything 5HP brushless, hittin jumps with a locked slipper. plastic gears cant and will not take that kinda power, doesnt matter who says it
Old 11-24-2008, 01:17 PM
thewhitemule

i wish i would've visited this forum before i spent nearly $300 on alum arms, hubs, spindles, etc... who wants a truck that cannot handle moderate power? not me
Old 11-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Redvanmafia

stampede, you have people on here that dont no. they'll tell you a high roller then when your stuck with a truck that has no good hop ups breaks all the time and cant handle brushless, they laugh cause they told you to get it. the LHS will sell you anything, stick with what you no is good stampede steel idler steel ring gear on the diff or a whole steel diff, will handle anything 5HP brushless, hittin jumps with a locked slipper. plastic gears cant and will not take that kinda power, doesnt matter who says it
Plastic gears in an Associated Stealth tranny handle BL just fine! It is an Associated though.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:31 PM
Chris_RC

Redvanmafic, so your pretty much saying that that have drove the HIGHroller already because of your strong comments? How was it?

DarkShadow, I have never tested a Losi gear diff with 5700/3s power and there is no need to. My stock motor is fine for me. [8D] BUT if you build a ball diff right you wont have any problems. key word: IF YOU BUILD IT RIGHT!!!!

I already posted this on that other thread about the highroller, and if built properly plastic gears will handle lower turn brushed/brushless power.

As an example: [link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a-bz8RJ4aA[/link]

Losi has been using that transmission for 8 years with it only being revised (with the failure of the gen 2 tranny). Also if you build the Steal transmission it will be fine.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:29 PM
thewhitemule

Chris, your information/assumptions are incorrect. As stated before, I HAVE a High Roller and I have 3 sets of trans gears to prove that it will NOT hold up to 5700kv/3s power! As for your implication that I have not built the trans correctly? I am sure I have done it correctly. Not exactly sure how else to build it. Now for the slipper comment-who wants to run their rig with the clutch so loose that the truck will not go through tall grass. I would love to know more about the steal(steel) trans you spoke of, though.

THEWHITEMULE

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.