Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Tough Desicions

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 09:51 AM
pede_187

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tough Desicions

Hi,

I had asked for an E-Firestorm Flux for christmas and not to sound mean or anything but I think my LHS owner is a bit of a Losi fan. So he talked my parents into getting a Speed-T instead (he said he would take all responsibility if I don't want it). I want to race, however I bash a lot too.

Now I'm faced with the tough decision. Do I trade the Speed-T in and get the Flux, or do I keep the Speed-T and get some nice dirt tires and convert it to the DT Diff?

Thank you in advance,
Tom
Old 12-25-2008, 10:00 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tough Desicions

That is a tough one,I hate it when hobby shop guys do stuff like that.You ask for a flux and your parents go to the lhs and the guy behind the counter takes it apon himself to tell them you would like a speed-t instead,When they have nothing in common.I think you would be much more happy with the flux and he did say you could trade it back for the flux.....Sure the speed-t is faster but the flux is much better handling off-road.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:01 AM
eaterofdog
My Feedback: (1)

I wouldn't be letting some snaky shop owner pick my ride for me. I'm just saying.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:08 AM
86waterpumper

I agree with the others, this is really lame... but the answer to why they did it is simple isnt it? He made more a profit on that vehicle than on the other LOL. I think the flux is a all around better truck also, it is more capable offroad, plus has a stronger trnny etc. I would make him exchange it myself. People wonder why alot don't support their local hobby shops, this type of a practice doesn't help some of them out!
Old 12-25-2008, 10:13 AM
pede_187

Plus, I had asked for a Castle Link to use with the Sidewinder in the Flux. They bought the Castle Link, however now it's virtually useless!
Old 12-25-2008, 10:17 AM
86waterpumper

Did the shop owner tell your folks the castle link would work with the losi too? If so that is extra bad haha I hope the LHS owner got a nice lump of coal for christmas
Old 12-25-2008, 10:24 AM
pede_187

ORIGINAL: 86waterpumper

Did the shop owner tell your folks the castle link would work with the losi too? If so that is extra bad haha I hope the LHS owner got a nice lump of coal for christmas
I don't think so. He knows I have a Castle BEC but I really don't think the castle link would be a huge advantage with that (already got the voltage programmed)
Old 12-25-2008, 10:26 AM
86waterpumper

Well if I wanted to exchange it I woudln't open up the losi, if you do he will probably act a ass and not want to exchange it then since he couldn't resell it as new etc. Anyway good luck! If it's any consolation all I ever got growing up was radio shack and nikko non hobby grade cars and had to wait till I was grown to get good ones, :P I also had to walk 10 miles to school barefoot in the snow one way blah blah etc etc lol
Old 12-25-2008, 10:37 AM
pede_187

ORIGINAL: 86waterpumper

Well if I wanted to exchange it I woudln't open up the losi, if you do he will probably act a ass and not want to exchange it then since he couldn't resell it as new etc. Anyway good luck! If it's any consolation all I ever got growing up was radio shack and nikko non hobby grade cars and had to wait till I was grown to get good ones, :P I also had to walk 10 miles to school barefoot in the snow one way blah blah etc etc lol
lol, hopefully they'll be open tommorow and I can give him a call or bring it to him.

There's also something I should probably mention. I noticed that when I got the package, the "TL" seal at the bottom of the box was loose, so maybe this has already been returned once[:-]
Old 12-25-2008, 10:46 AM
hotrodlincoln886

i'm not really up on new stadium trucks but you guys are saying that the flux will out handle a speed-t which is a xxx-t, in other threads especially i the slash vs the desert truck evryone was sayin how the dt would out handle the slash cause it was based off the xxx-t
Old 12-25-2008, 01:34 PM
Chris_RC

Yes, the Speed-t will handle way better than an E-Firestorm Flux. The losi brushless combo is really good and it has a program card. My advice is to keep the Spee-T, get bash and race tires and take the spool out of the diff and put balls in it ($15) and it bascially makes it a xxx-t.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:49 PM
Longhair

The person took advantage of your parents by telling them stuff for their own benefit.

What you should do is just return the thing for a cash refund and purchase the Flux some place else.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:51 PM
deanR

I agree with chris, the speed t will handle way better than the firestorm due to it being a XXXT
Old 12-25-2008, 02:05 PM
clamber

That is hard. I just got the Flux and I love it. I would go with the Flux since thats what you wanted in the first place.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:31 PM
paulino966

just get the one that u like best.they are both ok
Old 12-25-2008, 10:27 PM
pede_187

Ok guys, I guess the question now is, what should I be doing to the Flux to make it a bit more raceable?
Old 12-25-2008, 10:52 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: pede_187

Ok guys, I guess the question now is, what should I be doing to the Flux to make it a bit more raceable?
New tires (so in that department they equal out), change the diff fluid, get aluminum shocks, and the Castle usb.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:03 PM
SlashBasher
My Feedback: (8)

What kind of track are you running on? hard packed clay?loose soil? tell me that and I will show you the tires you should get. also get everything else Chris said above. I have to go now so Ill just tell you..haha...hard packed=pro-line holeshots front ribbed. soft= bowties rear front ribbed directional?? Hoe this helps.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:21 AM
pede_187

Alright guys, I'm not sure what I'm gonna do.......may get the flux, may make the speed-t a XXX-T.............I'll let you know tomorrow
Old 12-26-2008, 10:24 AM
04DarkShadowGT

The speed T stinks stock with the locked diff. Once you change that out its a fine truck.

However the speed t has a lowered suspension than the XXX T or Desert Truck. It will probbaly not handle the jumps as well as the Flux. The Firestorm is really not a racer either though, the ball diff on the Speed t is better for that, well once you add the balls and remove the locking ring that is.

But I own a speed t because I got a smokin good deal on amain a while back and its a nice car for sure, I put on some badlands on stock losi wheels and its a blast.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:33 AM
pede_187

ORIGINAL: 04DarkShadowGT

The speed T stinks stock with the locked diff. Once you change that out its a fine truck.

However the speed t has a lowered suspension than the XXX T or Desert Truck. It will probbaly not handle the jumps as well as the Flux. The Firestorm is really not a racer either though, the ball diff on the Speed t is better for that, well once you add the balls and remove the locking ring that is.

But I own a speed t because I got a smokin good deal on amain a while back and its a nice car for sure, I put on some badlands on stock losi wheels and its a blast.
Alright, so will it take some hits at all? I've read a lot about the Speed-T's Diff problems. If I unlock it and only run 6 cells, will it be alright?

The truck looks sweet sitting here, but I'm not sure if it will hold up well enough.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:02 PM
pede_187

Hey Guys,

I decided to keep it. So my dad and I took a drive down to the hobby shop and we got some Losi Dish wheels, Gladiator tires (for the rear), some other front tire (forget the name), a deans pigtail and EC3 female connector to make an adaptor, and then losi diff grease and the balls for the diff. I also stiffened up the shocks and raised the front up a bit.

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/i...Movie_0012.flv
Old 12-26-2008, 09:58 PM
SlashBasher
My Feedback: (8)

nice, thats a sick truck you have there.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:03 PM
HJJFFFAA

Cool. So is it in any way off-road capable?
Old 12-26-2008, 10:10 PM
pede_187

ORIGINAL: HJJFFFAA

Cool. So is it in any way off-road capable?
It should be. I've got some nice geolanders on the rear and I've got it converted to the Ball Differential. I'm going to try it out tomorrow and I'll try to get a video.

I'm pretty sure it's like a XXX-T with the CR Chassis right now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.