Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Losi's Speed-T

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 09:12 PM
allcowseatgrass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi's Speed-T

I usually run a 1/8 nitro buggy, but bought a Losi Micro and am having a blast and was looking into getting the 1/10 Speed-T from Losi.

Does anybody out there have the Losi Speed-T? If you do, is it worth the price? I have heard from a couple of people who don't like it and am wondering if there is anyone out there who does.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Chris_RC

Default RE: Losi's Speed-T

The Speed-T had some spur gear problems or it always stripping.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:20 PM
emaXXman123
My Feedback: (1)

pomona! nice. couisens live there but back to the speed t.

i personally dont have one but i have heard they are not ment for bashing at all mostly speed runs. now that your a 1/8scale racer im guessing your going to take it out to the track, i wouldnt do that. thats what a t4 or anything you want to race. a rustler (VXL) can be for everything but racing lol. i mean you could race it but it wouldnt do so hot. rustler is very very durable truck! so speed t is i think for impressing people at speed rather than bashability. haha is that a word?

best of luck,
brian
Old 01-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Chris_RC

...Or XXX-T!
Old 01-02-2009, 09:31 PM
emaXXman123
My Feedback: (1)

oh yes!!! i forgot about the losi freak!!! haha jk jk

t4 OR XXX-Y

EDIT:: XXX-T lol
Old 01-02-2009, 09:40 PM
pede_187

The speed-t..............good truck?? Well that depends. In order to make it off-road capable you will need a nice set of tires, diff grease, losi XXX-T diff balls, and more than likely some new rims to go with the tires. Once you do that it's a pretty nice truck. I plan on racing mine during the summer however in stock forum I really don't see any way of taking it off road

Here is a video of me bashing my Speed-T with Carbide Diff balls, Losi diff grease, Preload collars brought down to make it stiffer, Losi dish rims, Proline edge m3 tires on the front, and Proline gladiators in the rear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsJf9...e=channel_page

EDIT: By the time you buy all that stuff, you probably could have bought a desert truck and a brushless system (this would be better off for racing though)
Old 01-02-2009, 09:54 PM
FRENCHBLUE72

Pede it looks like a pretty tough little truck very cool vid thanks for posting.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:41 PM
derrick_chi

Speed-T Bashing with a Rustler, cool vid, the Speed-T looks like it can take some punishment, the Rustler not so sure it broke in the first couple of minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNqAVJEVMUI
Old 01-02-2009, 11:02 PM
Williwa

nah get an XXX-T CR if you can find one. The Speed t is OK but the A-arms are mushy and soft, teh diff is locked but its easy to convert, its street tuned, and the shock tower is weird and if you want to replace it with the standard one you have to mod the outer shell body (what do they call it?), but the brushless motor is awsome, so is the radio. no friggin interference. Having a blast with it
Old 01-03-2009, 08:45 AM
allcowseatgrass

Thanks for posting the vids. I guess part of the reason why I was looking at the speed T is because I live across the street from a school with a big parking lot. It would be kinda cool to use that big open space, but I also want to be able to take it on the grass for short runs as well.

Are XXX-T CR's still made?