Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

RC10B4 Race Set-Up?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 02:35 AM
MOVMX Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC10B4 Race Set-Up?

Hey guys. I have had an original RC10B4 Stealth for a LONG time now, it was my first RC . My LHS has recently built an indoor off-road track, and I want to get my buggy ready to be competitive on it. Only limitations are: 27 turn, 24* ROAR legal motor, and a battery no larger than 4200Mah.

My B4 is mostly stock, minus things I broke and couldn't find on Tower except for mods (servo mounts, chassis)

I have an Epic 27 turn Revenge of the Monster Horsepower motor that I rebuilt not too long ago (didn't turn the comm., didn't need it, I just cleaned it up), a Tazer 15T ESC, and a JR z590 metal gear servo.

Right now, it is in pieces, the diff is shot, and needs new outdrives, most of the bearings are shot, I need new dogbones, shocks, towers, tranny cases, turnbuckles, and a complete screw set.

I have no idea what parts are good for this, as I have only kept it running so I could fool around with it. I already have new tires, but the rest is open. I need suggestions as to what parts I should get.

I need links, and would love if I could get EVERYTHING from the same place!

Thanks!
Old 01-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Crave

Default RE: RC10B4 Race Set-Up?

If you need all those parts, just buy a complete new kit.

You can get a new RC10B4 Team kit for about $185, or the RC10B4 Factory Team kit for about $230.

Tower Hobbies has that. Do you need new electronics and/or batteries?
Old 01-05-2009, 08:14 PM
deanR

http://www.rc10.com/racerhub/setup/0setups_b4.htm

Look at the second one down on the setups, it says Ryan Cavelieri trackside. that is very similar to what I run on my B4 and it works real good for indoor clay tracks.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

The old adage "Tires are 90% of your setup" is so true. Go to the track and check what good people are running for tires. That will help you out immensely. Also, don't be shy with experimenting with gearing.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:34 PM
fazznick

As far as I know the only real limitations for the stock class at fastlane is the motor. 13.5 Brushless or 27 turn brushed. Just about everyone is running lipo's above 4200mah. I also agree that if you have to replace all the things you say you should just get a new car. The kyosho's seem to be gaining ground so you should look into them. The parts support is best with associated and losi there. They have decent prices at the hobbyshop but if you want to do a one stop shop try amain.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Chris_RC

Lipos above 4200? have you forgot the best 2s lipo, Orion 3800? Tires do make a HUGE improvement though.

DeanR, OCRC is NOT a clay track. it is a hardpacked dirt track. They imported the dirt from old scoal raceway. If it was clay people would be running Pink Taper Pins and Panther Switches, but everyone runs holeshots.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:03 PM
emaXXman123
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: fazznick

As far as I know the only real limitations for the stock class at fastlane is the motor. 13.5 Brushless or 27 turn brushed. Just about everyone is running lipo's above 4200mah. I also agree that if you have to replace all the things you say you should just get a new car. The kyosho's seem to be gaining ground so you should look into them. The parts support is best with associated and losi there. They have decent prices at the hobbyshop but if you want to do a one stop shop try amain.
well usually stick is 17.5 brushless and 27 brushed and super stock is 13.5 brushless
Old 01-06-2009, 10:52 PM
MOVMX Racer

ORIGINAL: fazznick

Hmm... a fellow Fastlane patron... cool!

I am going to hold off on the B4 for now, as it will cost quite a bit to get it fixed... My XXX-S and RC18T are good to go though!

I will need some electronics (receiver is dead, dont know what else... my ESC was acting weird last time I drove it...) but I dont see buying any new car in my future for quite a while... I may just throw in some parts I need whenever I make orders... a shock kit here, differentail there... Who knows, maybe I'll have it going soon enough!