Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

velociti motor wiring

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 11:35 PM
Mz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default velociti motor wiring

in my B44, it would make things a lot simpler wiring wise if i could reverse the orange wire and the blue wire and leave the yellow wire in the middle. what would happen if i did this? its a novak velociti 7.5.
thanks
Old 01-14-2009, 12:59 AM
FairTax4me

Default RE: velociti motor wiring

It would probably make the motor run backwards. Where do you get the idea that it will be simpler to swap these two wires?
Old 01-14-2009, 07:45 AM
BigTb17

What ESC are you running? Yes, it would make the motor spin the opposite way it does now. However, some ESCs have the option to switch the motor rotation in the programming. If that is the case then you could switch the wires, program the ESC and you would be good to go.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:28 PM
Mz

its a novak gtb.
the reason why im thinking of doing this is because right now i have to loop the wires around to get them lined up right which makes the body not fit right. with the wires reversed, it would be a straight shot.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:45 PM
BigTb17

I checked out the manual for the GTB and I didn't find a way to reverse motor rotation (double check your manual though, maybe there is a way and I missed it). Would it work if you change all three wires? For example, move the yellow wire from the middle to one of the ends, move one of the end wires to the middle, and move the other end wire to the opposite end. Basically no wire will be in the place it was originally. That would keep the same rotation. Whether or not it would solve your wire routing issue is another matter. Good luck.

Just remember, if you only swap two wires the rotation will be reversed. If you switch all three wires (no wire in the same place) the rotation will stay the same.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:03 PM
Matt_Gruizinga
My Feedback: (1)

I'm not sure if that will work with a sensored motor. i know it works with a mamba because that is a sensorless motor. if you really want to make the wires line up then you could un solder the two wires you want to switch and resolder them in each others places. but this would probably void the warrenty.

if you were to try this method i would suggest taking a pic before you do anything so that if you get confused or if you mess up then you can return it to what is was before. (i do this before i do ANY major work on my car)
Old 01-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Mz

thanks guys!
sounds like its a little sketch to change the wiring, so ill try to work around it.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:37 AM
NovakTwo

You can not change motor rotation by switching wires.

Some of our newer escs (SLYDR, Havoc 3S, Goat, Mongoose), with the single motor mapping area, have the motor rotation feature added to the software.