Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

ESC Shielding.

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 10:36 PM
aftermarket
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESC Shielding.

I have a stampede vxl, and at times I drive without the body. I was wondering how I could protect the esc when I don't drive without the body, any ideas?

My supplies are a dremel, a sheet of steel, some screws and nuts, and your everyday house tools.

Any ideas are appreciated. I was thinking about something that bolted to the holes where the rear body posts would be, or something that in some way wrapped around the chassis..

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25492.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	1113192  
Old 01-17-2009, 10:54 PM
RCcars4me

Default RE: So, how's this going to work out?

If possible, cut the steel to the length of the body mounts (like a long rectangle). Drill some holes so you can mount the steel useing some body clips. Might work....[&o] (If your flip over you'll have a sweet "sparks" show... right in your own front yard )
Old 01-17-2009, 11:03 PM
FairTax4me

You could just put the body on...

I would avoid using any object that will promote radio inference. (such as sheet metal)
Old 01-17-2009, 11:04 PM
aftermarket
My Feedback: (2)

RCcars4me - That sounds plausible, but the only problem is that the body mounts are so weak and bendable that I don't even trust them to support the truck when I lay it upside-down to do work on the underside. Thanks for the idea, though!

FairTax4Me - Yes, but I've gone through so many bodies that I could have spent the money on something nice, like an flm super chassis. I was also thinking about just taking a break with using bodies for a little bit. (But you can rest assured, if I try something crazy like a frontflip, I will be sure to use a body! lol)