Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Finally going to purchase, but need some recomendations

Old 01-26-2009, 01:46 PM
acctingman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally going to purchase, but need some recomendations

Well, I'm going to buy the Traxxas Stampede VXL RTR, but I had a few questions as to batteries and a charger.

Can someone here recommend a couple NiMH batteries for this rig and a charger that can charge both nimh & Lipo?

As for the batteries, I want a bit more "umpf" from the truck. From what I've read, it does 35ish MPH out of the box? I'd like to ramp that up to 40ish with Nimh.

Thanks for any advice
Old 01-26-2009, 02:13 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: Finally going to purchase, but need some recomendations

Best way to add power is to add voltage , so instead of 6 cells find a 8 cell pack. sorry I can't recommend a specific pack , but try to stay away from the e-bay generic cheapos.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:15 PM
SlashBasher
My Feedback: (8)

great choice on the stampese vxl! pro-match and SPC racinf both have very nice ener-g 4600 7cells, get a 7cell and itll wake her upor if you could afford it buy a cheap charger on hobbycity(like the acurcell 6 its a great charger) and a zippy lipo. You wont spend much more and lipo is awsome.but for ni-mh ener-gs are really great[&:]
Old 01-28-2009, 07:19 AM
Sampson0420
My Feedback: (7)

do yourself a favor, go to hobbycity.com, buy a turnigy charger for $40, 2 lipos, and don't look back.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Eman77

If you get one of the HobbyCity Zippy Lipos (25C hardcase 4000 mAh that perform well, are a cheap price, but seem to be failing left and right under moderately hard use due to horrendously poor quality in soldering inside the pack), then DO look back. Or just don't get 'em.

Besides, last I looked they were on backorder of -100. Been that way for over a month.

For a charger, I'd recommend the Onyx 230 - can do NiMh and LiPo, and won't break the bank. not the best out there, but a seems to be solid for the price.