Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

View Poll Results: A poll

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • max amps 7.4v 8000mah lipo

3 21.43%
  • spc 11.1v 8000mah lipo

11 78.57%

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

max amps or spc lipo???

i have a traxxas slash and im debating between these 2 since im going brushless the maxamps is $190 and the spc is $120 but i dont know if the spc is lower quality than the maxamps lipo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: max amps or spc lipo???

Only get the maxamps pack if you feel like shipping it back in a week or less . Don't make the mistake man, get the spc pack for sure. Have a couple and i have seen mine fly out of my truck and smack a wall before. It bent but i bent it back and it still works fine .
    MAKE \'\'EM CRY! My Simulator Is My RC
    STL CRAWL, Mark Twain Hobby, Fast Lane Machines, CC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Actually, the spc lipo is better quality. Maxamps has been raising their prices tremendoudly, and they STILL do not say who's cells they use! But for the money, you can get 2 Orion 3800 2s lipos, which are $90 each, and they rarely ever need to be balanced and are very high quality cells. Those would be $10 less than the maxamps pack, hardcased, way more powerful, and you get 2 of them.
    Losi 2.0 ~ 8T 2.0 ~ XXX-T CR ~ XXX-NT AD2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

Actually, the spc lipo is better quality. Maxamps has been raising their prices tremendoudly, and they STILL do not say who's cells they use! But for the money, you can get 2 Orion 3800 2s lipos, which are $90 each, and they rarely ever need to be balanced and are very high quality cells. Those would be $10 less than the maxamps pack, hardcased, way more powerful, and you get 2 of them.
    I really want one of those Orion 3800 2s lipos...but after shipping and our low canadian dollar it will cost me over $150 cnd from tower....[]
    Tamiya cc01, AE RC18R, HPI Savage Flux XS, HPI E-Firestorm Flux.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

it says you have to balance the spc packs everytime you charge them i have the venom pro charger so thats no problem but do you have to balance it that much and how do you balance it i have never had a lipo battery before

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The more you keep the cells balanced, the longer they are going to last. The SPC cells are a better quality than the maxamps ones. The rumor is that the maxamps ones are the cheapest cells on the market.

Wait a minute, are you looking for a 2s or 3s pack?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: fusebmx13

Only get the maxamps pack if you feel like shipping it back in a week or less . Don't make the mistake man, get the spc pack for sure.
    have you ever bought from maxamps?
    mongoose 13.5t 18r,xl5 rustler,tmaxx,bandit,micro t,nitro rustler,mrs4, b4 team kit

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have bought from maxamps about 3 times and that was 2 times to many. One pack was a 1550 3s for my 18t and it works great. The other 2 were a 2s 6000 pack and a 3s 5000 pack. Both packs puffed and had to send them back. The only good thing about maxamps is that they have great customer service. Otherwise I would say stay away from them.

And they cost a ton to buy. They have been raising the prices for a while now. They are becoming the next boomboombatteries IMO.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well i didnt care if it was a 2s or 3s but i would prefer a 3s and if the spc wasnt as good of quality i was going to get maxamps but now im definitly getting the spc pack after what ive been hearing not to mention the speed with the 3s pack

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ziiad havn't seen you around in ages.....

i'd totally go spc, basically ive beening hearing whats allready been said max amps is going down hill and jacking up prices...

the lug
    Savage Flux 2350 Evader ST Pro EXT \'\'Detta ST E Choas, HPI E Firestrom Novus CP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well you havent seen me too much cause i havent been on rc411 forums in a long time but i think ill go check it now just for old times sake lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

I really want one of those Orion 3800 2s lipos...but after shipping and our low canadian dollar it will cost me over $150 cnd from tower....[]
    I NEVER buy from Tower. They are more expensive than most places and they dont have the stuff I want at good prices comapred to amain. Here is an orion 3800 for $90, [link]https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/seekpart.pl?src=ns&pn=ORN14009[/link] Here is another place that sells them for $90, [link]http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebproductdetail.asp?id=6775[/link]. Lots of people dont even get a balancer when they get orion lipos because there is really no need to balance, even read from orion's website.

"No need for discharging, balancinging, or equalizing"

This was meant for redfisher.....
    Losi 2.0 ~ 8T 2.0 ~ XXX-T CR ~ XXX-NT AD2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: fusebmx13
    And they cost a ton to buy. They have been raising the prices for a while now. They are becoming the next boomboombatteries IMO.
    I bought from them back when their prices were good. Years ago they sold a 3s 4000mAH for $99. This was a very good price at the time. Today it is $149 (+50%). This when just about every other LiPo brand has gone down in price over time. It's just not worth it.