Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
get it for $100
83.26%
no dont pay money
16.74%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

ezrun brushless

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 05:33 PM
MTboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ezrun brushless

I don't know, I've ran with a VXL, novak and a mamba on our backyard track and bashing, so far can't tell where all that power is.. Maybe if we all geared higher ran 3s and ran onroad in a straight line I would see the power difference but to me thats just wasted power and money. For offroad and most tracks you don't need or want crazy speeds..
Old 02-25-2010, 05:42 PM
Bok

ORIGINAL: Redvanmafia

ORIGINAL: Lilredmachine

that's a bs call, not to start a war here, But there motors have 380 sized arms, compared to 540 sized arms in mamba motors and the vxl and neu's and such, (not saying the vxl is just as good as a neu) when it comes down to raw power, the ezrun isn't the way to go.
Actually, the VXL and Mamba CMS motors have 380 size rotors. You honestly think you can get a motor with a 540 rotor to spin at a guaranteed 100,000rpm without tearing itself apart and still have it affordable? Brushless inrunner motors don't have armature assemblies as such, they have a magnetic rotor that forms the motor shaft and the can contains the stationary windings... Other big name companies use 380 size rotors in larger cans, the Novak Maxx series of high voltage motors is essentially a long 380 rotor in a 550 can.

Please stop attacking Hobby wing until you have at least either owned a system and had it fail or actually learned ANYTHING about brushless. At the moment you just come across as an idiot.
this guy did, and 6000 x 11.1 is 66,000rpms you dont want to run it on 3s for to long it will heat up and die i promise you Nothing over 5500kv should be ran on 3s.....safely, yes theres people that do but it voids all warentee's and your just going to kill your motor faster, remember motor temps are to be kept under 200f, 60,000rpms geared anthing half high is going to run extreamly hot and alright .5 motors are 380 castle and the vxl and neu's make nothing of the nothing of the sort i dont no of any neu .5 or caslte .5 motors only novak lrp and ez runs ect,.

I never said anything about running it on 3S. On 2S power my 5.5 ezrun is already too fast

The 540 size .5 motors I'm referring to are the ezruns. Not castle, neu, vxl or any other.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:25 PM
Redvanmafia

you would be surprised how many people get pissed and play catch up, when you have a faster rig then them lol
Old 05-14-2010, 08:02 PM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the ezrun is sensorless yeahracing make a sensored version call the exrun i think
Old 06-21-2010, 09:31 PM
FRENCHBLUE72

Ok guys I have had my ez run for about 3 months so its outta warranty its the 60 amp 8.5 turn set up and with all the sttings at factory the truck will drive around stop and I get a red and green light and I cannot find anything i the manual about this any help would be great...
Old 06-21-2010, 10:00 PM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: FRENCHBLUE72

Ok guys I have had my ez run for about 3 months so its outta warranty its the 60 amp 8.5 turn set up and with all the sttings at factory the truck will drive around stop and I get a red and green light and I cannot find anything i the manual about this any help would be great...
Pretty sure it comes with a 180 day warranty. Mine did ?
Old 06-22-2010, 01:05 PM
guys2nv

i have the ezrun 60a esc/8.5t combo in my 2wd slash-it works great-u can change alotta stuff w/ the program card and for $100 its worth it-u dont need to 60mph anyway b/c the cars r so uncontrolable at that speed anyway.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:27 PM
Lilredmachine

ORIGINAL: Lilredmachine

that's a bs call, not to start a war here, But there motors have 380 sized arms, compared to 540 sized arms in mamba motors and the vxl and neu's and such, (not saying the vxl is just as good as a neu) when it comes down to raw power, the ezrun isn't the way to go.
Actually, the VXL and Mamba CMS motors have 380 size rotors. You honestly think you can get a motor with a 540 rotor to spin at a guaranteed 100,000rpm without tearing itself apart and still have it affordable? Brushless inrunner motors don't have armature assemblies as such, they have a magnetic rotor that forms the motor shaft and the can contains the stationary windings... Other big name companies use 380 size rotors in larger cans, the Novak Maxx series of high voltage motors is essentially a long 380 rotor in a 550 can.

Please stop attacking Hobby wing until you have at least either owned a system and had it fail or actually learned ANYTHING about brushless. At the moment you just come across as an idiot.
this guy did, and 6000 x 11.1 is 66,000rpms you dont want to run it on 3s for to long it will heat up and die i promise you Nothing over 5500kv should be ran on 3s.....safely, yes theres people that do but it voids all warentee's and your just going to kill your motor faster, remember motor temps are to be kept under 200f, 60,000rpms geared anthing half high is going to run extreamly hot and alright .5 motors are 380 castle and the vxl and neu's make nothing of the nothing of the sort i dont no of any neu .5 or caslte .5 motors only novak lrp and ez runs ect,.
The cms36 9,000kv motors Castle Creations sells are now guaranteed to 100,000 rpm. They don't say it won't heat up, but if you manage to shatter the rotor running a 9,000kv motor on 8 cells during a brief speed run (which is possible using an MMpro) they should warantee it. This is possible because they have a 380 rotor. A Neu motor is capable of very high rpms with an oversize rotor because they wrap the rotor with kevlar and epoxy, then very carefully balance it. Hence the excessive cost of the motors.

Look, there's a very simple explanation for all of this. The VXL and CMS36 motors from Traxxas and Castle ARE 380 sized rotors, they are just 540 length. Exactly the same as the whole number turns of the Hobbywing motors are. The .5 turn motors from hobbywing are 540 sized rotors in both length and diameter. It is possible to shatter a rotor in an unwrapped 540 motor with around 50,000 rpms, easy. Rotor size is NOT an indicator of quality. It simply gives an indicator of what sort of vehicle the motor will be happiest in, the 4600 and 5700 motors from Castle can just about kick it in a Slash... Maybe, with some creative gearing. They make great touring motors but apart from that they struggle in heavier off road vehicles. The VXL is a better option as it is such a low kv motor for a 1/10th, even with the 380 rotor.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:05 PM
yoyo5

would a ezrun 5.5t motor with the 60 amp esc be good for a hpi e-firestorm all stock with 7-cell
Old 09-01-2010, 05:36 PM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: yoyo5

would a ezrun 5.5t motor with the 60 amp esc be good for a hpi e-firestorm all stock with 7-cell
no, That is the reason most people kill the 60a ez.
The 5.5t is made for onroad cars which have half size tires compared to a st.

1.6 Suitable Brushless Motor:
With 4-6 cells NiMH/NiCd or 2 cells Lipo: On-Road¡Ý5.5T, Off-Road¡Ý8.5T;
With 6-9 cells NiMH/NiCd or3 cells Lipo: On-Road¡Ý8.5T, Off-Road¡Ý13T;