Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

short range in stampede

Old 02-09-2009, 04:08 PM
slogan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default short range in stampede

velineon setup in a traxxas stampede good speed,after 25' or 30' stalling, several new locations,same result, the set-up is the original lay out.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:15 PM
newjak

Default RE: short range in stampede

ORIGINAL: slogan

velineon setup in a traxxas stampede good speed,after 25' or 30' stalling, several new locations,same result, the set-up is the original lay out.
Make sure that there is no damage to the antenna on the truck. Also make sure that the AA batts in your TX are good. 25' is REALLY short. Are you using the antenna tube? TX antenna fully extended?
Old 02-09-2009, 04:20 PM
1maxdude

I'd try a new RX if all else is good. Make sure your antenna doesn't come in contact with carbon fiber,graphite, aluminum, etc. What kind of batteries are you using, and do you have your lipo cutoff turned on? Maybe if your binding and geared too high, using poor batteries, it could cause the lipo cutoff to engage if its on, and you're using nimhs. Do you still have steering when it stops you?
Old 02-09-2009, 08:07 PM
slogan

the rx is new,the batteries check out,good.the pics shows the layout,anything needs to be changed? and yes i have steering when the signal is lost or the range is shortened.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84208.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	1131639   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96164.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	1131640   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch97607.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	1131641  
Old 02-09-2009, 10:28 PM
newjak

You didn't mention what battery you're running. If you are still able to steer than you are not out of radio range. Sounds more like the VXL LVC issue.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:06 AM
1maxdude

Yeah, probably, get out your manual and figure out how to disable your low voltage cutoff. You say the batteries are good? If they are nickel metals and less than stellar, they could be getting sucked down while under acceleration to the point that would trigger the low voltage cutoff. Or, it could be a faulty speed controller. I seem to read alot about the vxl lvc not functioning properly, I don't own one personally.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:28 AM
newjak

ORIGINAL: 1maxdude

Yeah, probably, get out your manual and figure out how to disable your low voltage cutoff. You say the batteries are good? If they are nickel metals and less than stellar, they could be getting sucked down while under acceleration to the point that would trigger the low voltage cutoff. Or, it could be a faulty speed controller. I seem to read alot about the vxl lvc not functioning properly, I don't own one personally.
I have a couple of VXL's and the LVC sucks real bad! I disabled mine and run my trucks without it and just monitor my runtime (3S) or use my 2S lipo alarm