Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

slash or rustler?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 04:18 PM
xxxnt236
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slash or rustler?

ok for bashing im looking at 2 cars the slash and the rustler. if i get the slash a brushless is going in. so what would you recommend for a little on road but then some off road with jumps and its pretty lose. so what would you recommend?
Old 02-17-2009, 04:51 PM
ramp4ge

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: slash or rustler?

Slash with the VXL system. It's just so much cooler looking then the Rustler..Lol.

Shares a lot of the same components as the Rustler/Stampede, so yeah. But it's a unique driving experience in itself. Lots of sideways action and tons of wheelspin..Love it.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:24 PM
xxxnt236

but does it get hot??? im planning on running a 3s lipo. will it hit 50mph stock gearing thanks bro
Old 02-17-2009, 05:27 PM
Chris_RC

50mph with a brushless slash onroad? be prepareed to buy about 10 bodies at a time! That thing will flip over if you blink at 50mph onroad!
Old 02-17-2009, 05:30 PM
xxxnt236

really???? why does it flip so easy??? and also with a 11.1v battery how much rpm does the traxxas motor put out?? cant seem to find out that.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:50 PM
bayshun

the vxl motor is a 3500kv so you would have 38850 rpm
Old 02-17-2009, 06:08 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: xxxnt236

really???? why does it flip so easy??? and also with a 11.1v battery how much rpm does the traxxas motor put out?? cant seem to find out that.
With a 6 cell battery, some people toast the Titan motors. I cant even imagine a 3 cell lipo.

lets see...extremely soft shocks in stock form, made for offroad, heavy, and short wheelbase.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:11 PM
xxxnt236

no im talking the brushless velineon. lol not the titan. so is there something i can do about it fliping so easy? some upgradeS?
Old 02-17-2009, 06:19 PM
ramp4ge

Lower the CofG.

http://www.thundertechracing.com/outlaw2.htm

It's not really a problem flipping it unless you try to maneuver aggressively at speed. Shallow turns and straight-line speed aren't an issue at all.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:42 PM
xxxnt236

ok so whats a better truck a traxxas slash or the sc10?
Old 02-17-2009, 06:56 PM
Chris_RC

sc10 definitly. it comes as a kit so you can assemble it and choose your electronics of choice!
Old 02-17-2009, 07:15 PM
xxxnt236

well durability would the slash be better?
Old 02-17-2009, 09:07 PM
ramp4ge

Considering the SC10's not even been released yet, it's hard to say. But being T4-based is a plus.

But I have to come up front and say it. Associated is amazing in the competition market, but in the sport market, they have a habit of simply trying too hard. The Slash is such a hit because it's cheap and it's simple, it's fun, it's tough, it's easy to get parts for and it uses parts that have been around for 15 years. It's $200, it comes with motor, esc and radio.

On the other hand, the SC10 is based off of a new platform (T4), it costs almost the same as the Slash but you don't get any electronics and it's a kit..

What I'd like to see is the SC10 get it's own class with handout motors, escs and batteries. I honestly think it's just not what the market's really asking for right now. Slash competition is welcome, just not in the form of a fully raced out $200 kit.

We'll see tho! I'll be buying one simply because it IS a kit.

A Slash with the Thundertech chassis might compete with it, since it lowers the CG a whole lot. So maybe an "Unlimited" class with modified Slashes and SC10s..That'd be neat.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Justin B
My Feedback: (8)

The slash would probably be more durable only because the body covers the wheels and suspension(not to mention the big bumper) and spreads out the impact over a larger area. I have both and they will both take some abuse and come away with just scraches.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:58 AM
jherbz

The Slash is meant for a dirt track and doesn't perform well on roads or parking lots. Speed really isn't its thing either so if you are planning on going brushless and looking for 50 plus you should buy the Rustler VXL. I have both and with some smaller/ wider tires tires my Rusty crushes all of the on road cars that my friends have. Then go to some bigger tires and you are ready for grass, dirt or what ever. The Slash has a higher center of gravity, and very thin tires so on road traction sucks. To make the Slash fun for on road you would basically be converting it into a Rusty.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:05 AM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: Justin B

The slash would probably be more durable only because the body covers the wheels and suspension(not to mention the big bumper) and spreads out the impact over a larger area. I have both and they will both take some abuse and come away with just scraches.
The SC10 isnt even out yet. Amain has it backordered. If you do have it, take a picture and post it on here.

The rustler still handles bad at high speeds.If your going for high speeds runs and maybe a couple jumps what about the speed t?
Old 02-18-2009, 10:10 AM
Tricksligger

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

The SC10 isnt even out yet. Amain has it backordered. If you do have it, take a picture and post it on here.

The rustler still handles bad at high speeds.If your going for high speeds runs and maybe a couple jumps what about the speed t?
He said he has a rusty and a slash.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:41 PM
mufflerbearing

What is considered high-speed?? 150mph??? I mean seriously, that statement about the rustler handling bad at speed is not really true. My pede handles just fine at 30mph on the street with masher 2ks and jacked up suspention. If you want good handling at speed get a TOURING CAR!!!!
Old 02-18-2009, 12:52 PM
04DarkShadowGT

Reading comprehension > you