Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

new VXL rustler LVC help

OK new VXL rustler with a 11.1 5000hv lipo from max amps. at full charge runs for a short time ( 10 seconds or so ) then the slow blinking red light comes on, low voltage cut off comes on. that seems to fast for the battery and set up any ideas?? Oh y a the battery is at 11.8 volts

sorry i didnt read all the way through the officail rustler ginormous thread.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: new VXL rustler LVC help

I would think that pack should be slightly over 12V at full charge. What's the C rating on the pack and what's your gearing?
    *Compact battery box is waterproof against dust!
    Rustler, Slash, TA03F, 4Tec, Evader, X-Crawler, Cx3 heli, more?...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A 3S lipo should be at or very close to 12.6 volts at full charge. Either your charger or the pack itself is faulty if your at 11.8 volts after only 10 seconds.
    AMA Park Pilot Partner

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yea my SPC lipo reads 12.6 on a charge. Those maxamps packs suck major so that might be it. Or you got a bad esc from traxxas. Send the pack back and demand a refund, then buy a SPC pack for half the price or better yet a zippy. that is what I would do.
    MAKE \'\'EM CRY! My Simulator Is My RC
    STL CRAWL, Mark Twain Hobby, Fast Lane Machines, CC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree, the battery should charge up to 12.6v max, the lvc should be set at 9.9v (i think?) and so you should be getting much longer run times. What's your gearing? Might be too high.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The gearing is stock. And the charger says the battery is 12.58 volts . on the craftsman volt meter it says 12.3. Any how the battery is charged fully and I only get a 5 or 10 second burst before the LVC kicks in... esc trouble??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Possibly. But battery voltage at rest only tells part of the story. The big question is if/why the pack is dropping below the cutoff voltage when its under load. Hold the truck still and gun it while you monitor the pack voltage and see what happens.
    *Compact battery box is waterproof against dust!
    Rustler, Slash, TA03F, 4Tec, Evader, X-Crawler, Cx3 heli, more?...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does it run ok with any other battery?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I only have the one battery, well I have anothe 6 cell 1500 but that wont do anything.....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Problem #1
    -My LVC comes in too soon
    This is not uncommon for the first few runs on LIPO (particularly maxamps). If the problem persists consider using one of these.... http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXPGM8&P=ML Now it hasn’t been tested but it may be possible that opening up the esc and installing a capacitator to feed juice may solve it.

Problem #2
    -My esc without me touching it flashes green, red, (mimicking the programming stages) and/or does not respond to throttle inputs
    It is possible you have a sticking button. Open the case and enlarge with a drill the area surrounding the button opening. This should alleviate that. You may also open it but clean and lubricate the o-ring seal.

Problem #3
    My receiver is glitching, cogging or temporarily not responding.
    Brushless systems tend to cause interference when used with the stock radio. Try braiding the wires. If this does not reduce it then consider a 2.4ghz radio. Others have success by attaching capacitators to the battery input to allow the juice to flow under the momentary current lapse. It’s possible that one of the connectors came loose.

My car is acting strange or refuses to move, or I must push it to move.
    If you are able to isolate this as the esc. Install another system. If the vehicle works it is the system. Return to traxxas. It’s possible that one of the connectors came loose.

ESC relocation modification
    The primary reason your esc plugs are damaged are from rollovers. The stock position of the esc is subjected to these. Remove the screw tabs and with servo tape reattach the esc to the left side chassis next to the battery bay.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

so I got that off the traxxas forum...issue number one ?? How long do I have to run it before it figures it out on its own??? I need to but a 2s cut off??? that sounds odd....and its ony this one brand of battey??