Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Project: Moving battery forward on Rustler VXL

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 09:56 PM
robg68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project: Moving battery forward on Rustler VXL

I have a rustler vxl and I'm finding it difficult to steer unless I'm off the power. I figure it needs more weight on the front. I don't want to add more weight to an already heavy truck so I was wondering if anyone has every modded the battery compartment to move it forward. I know it would be easier to buy a race truck but I don't like doing things the easy way.

From the looks of things I could move the servo further back into the battery compartment using a longer turnbuckle and move the battery foward by dremeling out the area where the servos goes now (under the shock towers).

Anyone ever do this?
Old 03-16-2009, 08:06 AM
robg68

Default RE: Project: Moving battery forward on Rustler VXL

anyone?
Old 03-16-2009, 08:10 AM
warheadforever

Um, not that I know, but it sounds like a neat idea! But, it is a losing battle to try to keep the front of a Rustler down, I taped a 6 cell to the bumper, and on another 6 cell (Ener-G 4600), it was still pulling wheelies.[&:] The VXL is a torque monster.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:29 AM
Access

ORIGINAL: robg68
I have a rustler vxl and I'm finding it difficult to steer unless I'm off the power. I figure it needs more weight on the front. I don't want to add more weight to an already heavy truck so I was wondering if anyone has every modded the battery compartment to move it forward. I know it would be easier to buy a race truck but I don't like doing things the easy way.
Are your front wheels actually lifting off the ground? Moving the battery forward can have other negative consequences, it will create more rotational inertia and can actually hurt your steering rather than help it. You need to find out specifically what the problem actually is, and fix it there. Check your ride heights, damper, etc.