Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official Losi Highroller Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 02:33 AM
Redvanmafia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Losi Highroller Thread

Lmfao!, after all the talk of bad transmission the guy still chimes in saying he wants one, a high roller is the last thing on my mind.... if you want to run brushless and lipo you dont get a high roller its as easy as that
Old 07-03-2009, 03:52 AM
Purplehaze81

Oke, got my gear in. So I installed my new diff put alot of grease in it and set my clutch really loose. Also I put on a 14T pinion, and it drove really nice. I had about 45 minutes runtime on a 3 cell lipo 2800 mah. thats really nice. But after this lipo pack my diff started making a tikking noice and my diff busted again.

I can't believe that my whole gearbox is from metal on the inside except for the diff however the gears within the diff are steel.... Why isn't there a good replacement diff for the HR. I've been bashing alot and the only thing breaking down now is that diff. [:@]

I ordered two diffs. So I got one left, the only thing is I know that the thing won't last long. Now I will try to boil it for 10 minutes, I read this somewhere in a forum. Never thought I had to try it, and still think that it won't work.

Please if anyone knows howto fix the diff of the Highroller for a longer period.... LET ME KNOW!
Old 07-03-2009, 06:32 AM
clink69

It didn't take me long to realize buying this truck was probably a mistake.

The rear axles bent already just from normal driving with NO jumping. whats with that??? Are there any replacement hardened axles out there?[8D]

I guess they used Non-hardened steel axles on those heavy wheels.

I din't even get a chance to blow out the tranny..

Ya know,

LOsI used to be a top notch company, now they have farmed there stuff out to China[>:]
Old 07-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Purplehaze81

Oke posted a youtube movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTd95TkGw7M

check it out
Old 07-03-2009, 11:50 AM
mousecritter
My Feedback: (3)

Nice video... definitely good-looking truck.

It seems like you were light on the throttle.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:39 AM
christo4uk

still hearing ya purple... keep us posted! dunno if im asking alot but try and video it, be great to see the beast unleashed within!
Old 07-07-2009, 11:47 AM
christo4uk

haha sorry dude you already have ... duuuurrrr! looks pretty rapid!
Old 07-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Purplehaze81

Hmmm.... Looks like boiling the diff really worked!!! I've been driving the whole afternoon and it's still going strong. Didn't push it to the max do, haven't got any spare diffs left first have to get new ones then I will really push it hehehe. But made some pretty sick jumps and it is pretty fast, had my slipper very loose so it didn't got much traction.

Keep you posted.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Purplehaze81

Yo check this out finally it's there: http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB3593
It's the metal diff we have all been waiting for!!! this in combination with the alu. idle gear should make a full metal brushless proof gearbox!!!! It's for the losi 1/10 strike witch is brushless ready and has the same kind of gearbox as the Highroller. Now the only place I could find this mighty diff is horizon hobby... And there it is in back order till the end of august.. So we have to wait for a few more days.

Maybe some other thougts on where to order the LOSB3593 please post here.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:37 PM
pede_187

ORIGINAL: Purplehaze81

Yo check this out finally it's there: http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB3593
It's the metal diff we have all been waiting for!!! this in combination with the alu. idle gear should make a full metal brushless proof gearbox!!!! It's for the losi 1/10 strike witch is brushless ready and has the same kind of gearbox as the Highroller. Now the only place I could find this mighty diff is horizon hobby... And there it is in back order till the end of august.. So we have to wait for a few more days.

Maybe some other thougts on where to order the LOSB3593 please post here.

The only other place I could find it was [link=http://myatomic.com/catalog/viewsku?sku=LOSB3593]here[/link]. If I had to guess they probably never actually had it. Since it's a strike part, they are probably just starting to list the strike parts on sites. It will probably be available when the strike is released or shortly thereafter.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:45 AM
chano72k
My Feedback: (44)

There is a METAL DIFF GOD!
Old 08-13-2009, 07:15 AM
asmo

I have been looking at the HR for some time now. It is a great looking truck but with all of the talk of the transmission problems I have been holding back. I am glad there is a metal diff gear now. Ultimate Hobbies has the truck for $130.00 now. They must be overstocked.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:46 AM
traxxas slasher

Hey guys, just happend to come accross this discussion about the high roller.I also found that their is a metal idle gear..i will check and see where i ordered mine from and post the link............I have to say I love this truck, but the stock tranny did get annoying. I went through about 3 before I got the metal idler...good to know that there is a metal diff..thats next on the list!!
Old 09-16-2009, 08:27 AM
Purplehaze81

Jow I'm expecting the new steel diff in a week or 2, for that I already ordered the Losi CV-Driveshaft Set: HRL, SCT LOSB3589. This in combination with the steel diff and alu gear should give a rocksolid HRL.

But when I got al that installed and I'm ready to release the beast its full brushless power, I am a little bit worried that it will be insane wheely popping.... So ar there any idea's on what wheelybar will fit on the HRL or what wheely bar is easy to convert to HRL. Maybe the one from the stampede???? I'm quite handy and got the tools so any idea is welcome.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:09 PM
trx1
My Feedback: (2)

pics would be cool 2 c.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:41 AM
FieroMan121

purple, maybe you could get a swami bar and tap and counter sink new holes to bolt it on to the hrl, may need slightly longer screws though.

also could you take a pic of the underside near the back and center, just curious
Old 09-17-2009, 07:33 AM
Purplehaze81

Oke thanks, I will look for this swami bar (whatever it is... never heard of it). I made a youtube movie with some pics of the HRL. Check it out at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTd95TkGw7M

In a few days I will post some pics of the back...

Thanks
Old 09-17-2009, 11:06 AM
Sal Bandini

Losi also released ball diff and cv driveshaft set

LOSB3594
LOSB3589
Old 09-17-2009, 02:32 PM
Purplehaze81

Yeah I know but is the ball diff strong enough for a brushless motor with 3 cell lipo? In that case I will order that thing today... It looks like it still plastic..
Old 09-17-2009, 03:55 PM
FieroMan121

swami bars are the best wheelie bars you can buy for the pede/rusty/bandit/slash

http://www.swami-rc.com/

vid didnt have an under shot. but if the screws are beefy enough that mount the rear skid to the tranny you could tap the holes and counter sink them and itd work great!

ball diffs can be tricky if youve never set one up. my old xxt had the diff setup pretty good but i could never get it quite where i wanted it.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:22 PM
Sal Bandini

ORIGINAL: Purplehaze81

Yeah I know but is the ball diff strong enough for a brushless motor with 3 cell lipo? In that case I will order that thing today... It looks like it still plastic..

According to Losi's description:

Losi’s new preassembled Ball Differential comes fully prebuilt from the factory and is ready to be dropped into Losi’s 1/10 Slider, 1/10 HIGHroller and 1/10 Strike SCT. This differential was designed to withstand high-powered motor and battery setups, and allows the user to make adjustments for enhanced steering and traction.

So Ihope it could handle brushless.

I don't know much about ball diffs, still new to the hobby. However, Ijust ordered HR this week, waiting for it to arrive.

I paid $125, so Ithink for that price, I think it's a pretty good bargain.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:16 AM
Purplehaze81

He bandini, that sounds like a good price. I think you will have a lot of fun out of this truck. Except for the transmission it is very durable, bashed a lot with it and made some crazy crashes with it and broke nothing yet. Only some cracks in the shell... Also the after market support starts to pick up. Keep us posted on your progress.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:06 AM
Sal Bandini

Will do.

I bought it primarily to drive around my front and back yard with my 7 year od son. I'm planning on keeping it mostly stock for now and not planning on doing any crazy jumps or crashes, so I think it should hold up fine.

I've seen lots of negative comments about this truck here and on other forums, but picked one up anyways.

One thing I need to learn more about is motors. I understand that going down in turns will give more top end but lose torque. Will the lower turns result in more current draw? Also, what is the turns on the stock motor? I can't find any info on it. I might want to upgrade the motor slightly, but don't want to go overboard. I know the esc will handle 12t, but I don't know if throwing a 12t motor in will kill my torque. I'm more concerned with low end torque than top speed.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:27 PM
Purplehaze81

Yo I have finished my second Highroller movie, Its's being uploaded as we speak. Will post a link soon, but if you wan't to watch it now click on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdr3y2yic

Old 10-01-2009, 10:27 AM
ahlers77

i have 2 say that the High Roller is a complete lemon...i bought a HR for my girlfriend 3 months ago & put a mamba max 5700 brushless set up in it  running off 11.1v lipo with the added aluminum idler gear & upgraded CV shaft set from Horizon Hobby! Since then the plastic diff gear has stripped 3 times while i was waiting on the metal diff gear to come out for the Strike since it was on backorder, i now have the metal diff gear in the transmission & not only is it noisy as hell but now the output drive shaft pin broke clear off...im sick of working on it plus waiting on the aftermarket to catch up...it sits more than it gets used! I have seen the ball diff for the HR but as someone else on here said its looks plastic & we all know how metal & plastic work 2gether so i dont think ill waste the $ & time buying it just to trash a $40 part! IMO the HR is a nice looking truck but just cant handle brushless power unless its a less powerful brushless set up in my case with the MM 5700 so with that being said im pretty sure we are going to sell this truck once the new rims, tires, body & diff output drives show up in the mail! I have a Stampede VXL that has every RPM part i could get with Traxxas aluminum casters plus an MIP drive shaft set on it & i bash 45 minutes straight on a Venom 5400 mah11.1v Lipo & it NEVER breaks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.