Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Good, low priced 2s lipos for eRevo

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 09:16 PM
Seek and Destroy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good, low priced 2s lipos for eRevo

Well I am getting an erevo in the mail tomorrow and want to get some lipos for it. The only thing that I know I need is a high current like 30c+ or whatever. I am going to get them from hobbycity but don't what ones to get. Btw, it's going in a revo converted to electric.

Thanks
Old 04-01-2009, 10:33 AM
FoamyVictim

Default RE: Good, low priced 2s lipos for eRevo

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...25C_Car_Lipoly

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...0mAh_2S1P_20C_
Old 04-01-2009, 10:40 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They're not 2S, but rather 3S. I got them from www.hobbycity.com for $59 each. A absolute steal. Only took a week to go from Hong Kong to Illinois.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:22 PM
Seek and Destroy

I am really liken the second one you linked me too, and for the price, how could I go wrong?

BlackMamba, what is the name and mah of those batteries? I am not going to get them yet because I dont have much money to spend on transmission parts () so I will probably stick to 2s for now.

And I will also probably be getting a charger from there. I would like to get one that can charge 2 at once, or atleast one that has a balancer.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:23 PM
FoamyVictim

Just so you know, I have one of the Rhino packs(still a zippy) and it works great. I have that and a Losi version, which is heavier along with a higher discharge rating. Even so, I notice no difference in performance.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:36 PM
Seek and Destroy

Foamy, do you know if either of those packs you linked me to is the same size as a stick pack or smaller? Just got the revo and 2 stick packs fit perfect.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:02 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just got a Rhino 3S 25C from hobby city... it's great!
Old 04-01-2009, 08:32 PM
black mamba

ORIGINAL: -xXXx-

I am really liken the second one you linked me too, and for the price, how could I go wrong?

BlackMamba, what is the name and mah of those batteries? I am not going to get them yet because I dont have much money to spend on transmission parts () so I will probably stick to 2s for now.

And I will also probably be getting a charger from there. I would like to get one that can charge 2 at once, or atleast one that has a balancer.
Zippy-H. mah is 3500 and the discharge rate is 30-40C, but they are advertised as 30C. They are great packs and surprisingly high quality for the price. Have fun man.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Flux Driver

Keep in mind the first is in stock and 25C. The second has 1000 more mah but only 20C and out of stock. I ordered one of the first one today for the Stampede. I'll see how it goes. With shipping it's a $40.91 pack.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:37 AM
Seek and Destroy

Ya I was kinda concerned about the low "c", whatever that stands for. But anyway I can't find a decent lipo charger that has a balancer that is AC. They are all DC and I hate DC.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:09 AM
Flux Driver

I'm sure someone can explain it better than me since I'm new to Lipo. But the "C" is how much power it can release, to put it in simple words. The manual for my Savage Flux said to use packs with at least 25C and warns against using anything lesser. Since the E-Revo Brushless uses a Mamba Monster, it would be the same. The Blur system the Flux uses is really the same Mamba Monster but with a different name.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:31 AM
black mamba

Ya I was kinda concerned about the low "c", whatever that stands for. But anyway I can't find a decent lipo charger that has a balancer that is AC. They are all DC and I hate DC.
Hyperion has a real nice AC/DC charger-which is what I use. Venom has one as well (the pro charger) that is comparable in price/features to the Hyperion. Both of these brands include the balancer. You will have to buy a 4mm "banana" battery adapter pigtail for the Hyperion as it doesn't come with it.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:32 AM
black mamba

ORIGINAL: Flux Driver

I'm sure someone can explain it better than me since I'm new to Lipo. But the "C" is how much power it can release, to put it in simple words. The manual for my Savage Flux said to use packs with at least 25C and warns against using anything lesser. Since the E-Revo Brushless uses a Mamba Monster, it would be the same. The Blur system the Flux uses is really the same Mamba Monster but with a different name.
Yes on all accounts.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:57 AM
joydude630

Hey Guys,

I am planning to buy the E-Revo Brushless in a week time.

As recommended on the Traxxas website, this truck atleast requires twin 3s lipo batteries totally up to 22.2volts and 5000mah and above.

With regards to the lipo battery I am planning also to buy two of these.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/33900

Kindly let me know the above link is the right choice of the batteries I should buy..
Old 04-04-2009, 07:18 AM
joeyhatch11

The above link doesn't show batteries. It shows up and coming product from amainhobbies.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:39 AM
Seek and Destroy

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11

The above link doesn't show batteries. It shows up and coming product from amainhobbies.
ya, it didnt work for me either. I still havent even bought lipos for mine yet because I cant find any good low priced lipos that have a high enough C. I am looking for 25C or more, and cant find at least a 4s lipo for under $120. I dont want to spend a lot to get into lipo. The max I would want to spend is around $100 for a 4s-6s battery and that just doesnt to be happening. Well I guess there is some, but most are like 20c and like 2300mah. I want 3500mah plus, and at least 25c.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:51 AM
lam1na

some [link=https://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=235&curPage=4&v=&sortlist=]zippy[/link] 4s - 6s 3500 mah + and ~$100 .. might help
Old 04-04-2009, 12:09 PM
Seek and Destroy

ORIGINAL: lam1na

some [link=https://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=235&curPage=4&v=&sortlist=]zippy[/link] 4s - 6s 3500 mah + and ~$100 .. might help
Thanks so much, I have found my two choices. Its either this https://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/...5C_Lipoly_Pack

or this https://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/...5C_Lipoly_Pack

I am pretty set on the second one, my only worry is size. As I said my e-revo is a revo converted to electric. So basically, two stick packs stacked on top of each other fit very nicely in the battery tray. ( an open space with 3 battery straps) Now I dont have two stick packs with me right now, but if anybody does, could you tell me if the dimensions on the 6s lipo are near the dimensions of two 6 cell stick packs stacked on top of each other? Oh, and I guess since I am going to go 6s I will need to bullet proof my tranny, time to use the search button.

THanks
Old 04-04-2009, 12:12 PM
joeyhatch11

Here try this. This is a link to a Ebay seller I've saved because I'm buying the 7.4v 4000mah 2S lipos from. They are Tenergy packs with great review and an awsome price.

http://stores.ebay.com/CyberPort888_...QQftidZ2QQtZkm
Old 04-04-2009, 12:23 PM
Seek and Destroy

Here try this. This is a link to a Ebay seller I've saved because I'm buying the 7.4v 4000mah 2S lipos from. They are Tenergy packs with great review and an awsome price.

tHose are good prices, and decent batteries (mah) but as many batteries as this guy has listed I dont know if I want buy them. And none of them were really to the specs I want, or the size.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:40 PM
joeyhatch11

Yeah I realized that once I posted. You need more voltage and "C" rating than that. But good luck with the ones from Hobbycity. I got all my Mini-T lipos and Heli lipos from them. Great Lipos with a unbeatable price.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:54 PM
joydude630

Sorry guys for posting the wrong link. Here you go.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/33900
Old 04-05-2009, 06:39 AM
joeyhatch11

Although the pack looks good, I would NEVER spend $90 on a 3800mah 11.1v Lipo. I'd go with some of the others that were posted and found on HobbyCity.com. More MAH and cheaper price.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:37 AM
Daisy

tHose are good prices, and decent batteries (mah) but as many batteries as this guy has listed I dont know if I want buy them. And none of them were really to the specs I want, or the size.

this is will be your good choice, it can assemble the battery for you according to your special requirement, including your dimention, so have a try, i believe you won't be disappointed.
http://www.henergy-battery.com/
Old 04-07-2009, 05:27 AM
joeyhatch11

Hahaha I can't read anything on that link. Is there a English version?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.