Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mamba Monster Maxx Lipo Question

Ok I have been playing around with it for a while and never bothered to hook it up to the castle link and never turned on the lipo cutoff.

But I have a question, the manual that I have is for all the systems not just the MMM. So when setting the lipo cutoff do you select 6V or 12V since there are two 2S packs?

Also there is an auto-lipo feature that you can use to determine between 2S and 3S lipos automatically, can that work when running two 2S or two 3S packs?

I tried to call castle support but was on hold forever and then tried to e-mail them but their automatic reply said it could be 3-4 days before a response would be sent.

Thanks
    Anyone in the midwest check it out greatlakesrconline

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Mamba Monster Maxx Lipo Question

Just set the auto lipo on. Or if you are unsure just set it at 3v per cell. For example, a 2s pack would be set at 6 volts, 3s at 9v and so on. The easiest thing to do is auto lipo.
    MAKE \'\'EM CRY! My Simulator Is My RC
    STL CRAWL, Mark Twain Hobby, Fast Lane Machines, CC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 04DarkShadowGT

Ok I have been playing around with it for a while and never bothered to hook it up to the castle link and never turned on the lipo cutoff.

But I have a question, the manual that I have is for all the systems not just the MMM. So when setting the lipo cutoff do you select 6V or 12V since there are two 2S packs?

Also there is an auto-lipo feature that you can use to determine between 2S and 3S lipos automatically, can that work when running two 2S or two 3S packs?

I tried to call castle support but was on hold forever and then tried to e-mail them but their automatic reply said it could be 3-4 days before a response would be sent.

Thanks

Set it for 12v..the ESC sees the input as 4s because there are only one set of power wires coming from the ESC....if you set it for 2s(6v) it will run down till it sees 6 total volts, that would be 3v per pack...
    Tek18 / M18MT / Tailwhip / E-Maxx / Micro-DT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: maybelater29

ORIGINAL: 04DarkShadowGT

Thanks

Set it for 12v..the ESC sees the input as 4s because there are only one set of power wires coming from the ESC....if you set it for 2s(6v) it will run down till it sees 6 total volts, that would be 3v per pack...
    That is what I was thinking but just wanted to check to be sure. But can you still use the auto-lipo function? In the manual it says so you can switch from 2S to 3S and not change settings, but can this also detect 4S to 6S?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: fusebmx13

Just set the auto lipo on. Or if you are unsure just set it at 3v per cell. For example, a 2s pack would be set at 6 volts, 3s at 9v and so on. The easiest thing to do is auto lipo.
    Only use auto when you absolutely must. Its not very well trusted.
    Lamborghini\'\'s = True Engineering Marvels

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

With auto-LiPo the ESC will beep a number of times equal to the number of cells detected after the initial 'startup song'. You should always listen to this to check, especially when running a 6s or another high number of cells.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

And dont bother to set up the lipo cutoff without a castle link. Yes auto-lipo cutoff may be handy but it isnt always safe. Your best bet is to take the extra step and use the castle link and program the cutoff manually.
    Lamborghini\'\'s = True Engineering Marvels

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Takedown

And dont bother to set up the lipo cutoff without a castle link. Yes auto-lipo cutoff may be handy but it isnt always safe. Your best bet is to take the extra step and use the castle link and program the cutoff manually.
    +1...If you want something done right, do it yourself.
    Tek18 / M18MT / Tailwhip / E-Maxx / Micro-DT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah I set it up for 4S which is what I run most of the time anyway, it takes a few minutes and a couple screws to change it if need be. No biggie.