Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Mamba Monster Maxx Lipo Question

Old 04-08-2009, 01:48 PM
04DarkShadowGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mamba Monster Maxx Lipo Question

Ok I have been playing around with it for a while and never bothered to hook it up to the castle link and never turned on the lipo cutoff.

But I have a question, the manual that I have is for all the systems not just the MMM. So when setting the lipo cutoff do you select 6V or 12V since there are two 2S packs?

Also there is an auto-lipo feature that you can use to determine between 2S and 3S lipos automatically, can that work when running two 2S or two 3S packs?

I tried to call castle support but was on hold forever and then tried to e-mail them but their automatic reply said it could be 3-4 days before a response would be sent.

Thanks
Old 04-08-2009, 01:57 PM
fusebmx13

Default RE: Mamba Monster Maxx Lipo Question

Just set the auto lipo on. Or if you are unsure just set it at 3v per cell. For example, a 2s pack would be set at 6 volts, 3s at 9v and so on. The easiest thing to do is auto lipo.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:06 PM
maybelater29
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: 04DarkShadowGT

Ok I have been playing around with it for a while and never bothered to hook it up to the castle link and never turned on the lipo cutoff.

But I have a question, the manual that I have is for all the systems not just the MMM. So when setting the lipo cutoff do you select 6V or 12V since there are two 2S packs?

Also there is an auto-lipo feature that you can use to determine between 2S and 3S lipos automatically, can that work when running two 2S or two 3S packs?

I tried to call castle support but was on hold forever and then tried to e-mail them but their automatic reply said it could be 3-4 days before a response would be sent.

Thanks

Set it for 12v..the ESC sees the input as 4s because there are only one set of power wires coming from the ESC....if you set it for 2s(6v) it will run down till it sees 6 total volts, that would be 3v per pack...
Old 04-08-2009, 02:10 PM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: maybelater29

ORIGINAL: 04DarkShadowGT

Thanks

Set it for 12v..the ESC sees the input as 4s because there are only one set of power wires coming from the ESC....if you set it for 2s(6v) it will run down till it sees 6 total volts, that would be 3v per pack...
That is what I was thinking but just wanted to check to be sure. But can you still use the auto-lipo function? In the manual it says so you can switch from 2S to 3S and not change settings, but can this also detect 4S to 6S?
Old 04-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: fusebmx13

Just set the auto lipo on. Or if you are unsure just set it at 3v per cell. For example, a 2s pack would be set at 6 volts, 3s at 9v and so on. The easiest thing to do is auto lipo.
Only use auto when you absolutely must. Its not very well trusted.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Access

With auto-LiPo the ESC will beep a number of times equal to the number of cells detected after the initial 'startup song'. You should always listen to this to check, especially when running a 6s or another high number of cells.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

And dont bother to set up the lipo cutoff without a castle link. Yes auto-lipo cutoff may be handy but it isnt always safe. Your best bet is to take the extra step and use the castle link and program the cutoff manually.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:15 PM
maybelater29
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Takedown

And dont bother to set up the lipo cutoff without a castle link. Yes auto-lipo cutoff may be handy but it isnt always safe. Your best bet is to take the extra step and use the castle link and program the cutoff manually.
+1...If you want something done right, do it yourself.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:42 PM
04DarkShadowGT

Yeah I set it up for 4S which is what I run most of the time anyway, it takes a few minutes and a couple screws to change it if need be. No biggie.