Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

It is either going to be SC10 or Spektrum DX3S

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 07:16 AM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default It is either going to be SC10 or Spektrum DX3S

The reason that I wanted a 2.4Ghz is interference free driving. I hate having to wait and ask people who channel are they on. My friend who is just into this hobby bought a Savage XL and it has been broken everytime he goes out due to interference. DX3S has some pretty cool features like the telemetry and the model memory that seems pretty interesting. Another thing is that it comes with two receivers which is perfect. I like the idea of having one controller for all of my cars! that's nice!

But on the other hand, the SC10 is cool although I have a Slash already. I've never owned an Associated car and it's a kit. I've never build a kit from scratch before.

Hard to decide...

I'm 70% in favor of the DX3s and 30% of the SC10 as of now!

What do you say? Get a good radio? or get the SC10?

The reason that I prefer the Dx3s is the two receivers that it comes with. Other suggestions are welcomed!
Old 04-21-2009, 07:56 AM
Flux Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: It is either going to be SC10 or Spektrum DX3S

I chose to get the Futaba 3PM over getting a Rustler VXL. I'll get the Rustler eventually. I've been told by at least a couple LHS staff members and another LHS person on a forum that 3PM doesn't have the range signal issues that some Spektrum radios are known to have. And at one of the bash spots I go to, two guys run HPI Baja's. One uses a 3PM, the other uses a Spektrum. He told me that when he runs his Baja to a certain part of the field, he gets a signal interference or something. Or maybe there's interference the radio and receiver should be able to resist but is weakened by the Baja's motor. I'm not sure. I didn't think to check the position of his receiver.

I use a 3PM and have never had a problem. Does come with one receiver.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:48 AM
FoamyVictim

ORIGINAL: samguan

The reason that I wanted a 2.4Ghz is interference free driving. I hate having to wait and ask people who channel are they on. My friend who is just into this hobby bought a Savage XL and it has been broken everytime he goes out due to interference. DX3S has some pretty cool features like the telemetry and the model memory that seems pretty interesting. Another thing is that it comes with two receivers which is perfect. I like the idea of having one controller for all of my cars! that's nice!

But on the other hand, the SC10 is cool although I have a Slash already. I've never owned an Associated car and it's a kit. I've never build a kit from scratch before.

Hard to decide...

The reason that I prefer the Dx3s is the two receivers that it comes with. Other suggestions are welcomed!
I would suggest getting a better radio now, then more race cars later. You'll likely be impressed with the features and performance of a nice 2.4 system like that. I have one, been a DREAM to own and use.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:52 AM
maybelater29
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: FoamyVictim

ORIGINAL: samguan

Hard to decide...

I would suggest getting a better radio now, then more race cars later. You'll likely be impressed with the features and performance of a nice 2.4 system like that. I have one, been a DREAM to own and use.

+1..when I got into the hobby a year and a half ago The first upgrade I got before I got new cars was a DX3R...It was the best purchase I made...I don't know what your current radio is though, you have a nice list of cars in your sig so I'm assuming you control them with something?
Old 04-21-2009, 09:53 AM
Access

I'd get the radio. The radio will still be good a year or two from now, while the SC10 might be passe by then.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:08 AM
nitroade

Get the radio, you can use it for 10 cars and the telemetry feature will be great for your nitro.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:01 AM
fusebmx13

+1 for the radio. -1 for the spektrum [:'(].
Old 04-21-2009, 11:10 AM
maybelater29
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: fusebmx13

+1 for the radio. -1 for the spektrum [:'(].
I have had 0 (zero) problems with my Spektrum and would highly recommend one to anyone looking.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:13 AM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have made up my mind now..

I'm going to get the Futaba 2.4Ghz Fasst. I'm using 3 RTR controller for each of my cars now..