Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

E-revo brushless edition

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 10:38 PM
abeast84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-revo brushless edition

This will be my first electric R/C..Ive drove and raced nitro for years but due to my injury(quadriplegic) Ive decided to convert over to electric. I just wanted to get some feedback on the e-revo as a racer..What does the e-revo(brushless edition) need to be race worthy if any? i plan on changing the tires and radio gear but is there anything else? What batteries do you suggest? thanks
Old 04-26-2009, 12:13 AM
Jeremy Z

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: E-revo brushless edition

Welcome to RCU, first of all.

The E-Revo is Traxxas' top-of-the-line truck. It was made for competition.

I think the answer to your question depends on which class you want to race in, as hop-ups may be controlled by the rules of that class. (maybe even as far as batteries go)

The Stampede I just got proudly advertises trickle-down technology from the Revo, so I think you'll be happy with it.

If I were racing, I'd start with something that has a stock class available first, and get my feet wet there. (such as the Traxxas Slash) For one, it is a simpler, less expensive truck. For another, it is all about skill, not how souped-up the car is.

Sorry to hear about your accident, but it sounds like you have the fighting spirit. Kudos!
Old 04-26-2009, 12:47 AM
rc rock

the e-revo cannot race in any class. it is illegal and made 100% for bashing. they might let you run in the truggy class but you would not have a chance in a million. look at a brushless truggy like the ae rc8t as an alternitive. the e-revo cannot race, is not made for racing....
Old 04-26-2009, 02:17 AM
Access

Some tracks have a monster truck class, it would typically race against savages, LST2s, etc. Just depends on the track, see what other people are racing and what classes are being run. You can make it into a semi-truggy, with LPR wheels and such too, but it needs to be set up right to race well. Few club tracks are going by the ROAR rules anymore, it's all dependent on what people at the track actually want to race these days.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:08 AM
abeast84

thanks guys for the replys. I plan on bashing with this truck too every chance I get but racing is where I get the most trill mostly because of the competitive aspects of racing.. I raced dirt bikes(thats how I got hurt) before my wreck so it just carries over to this hobby..My local track does have a M//T class so im sure thats the class i'll be in. Ive seen Revo's be very competitive and very fast on the track so I guess thats why I thought the e-revo would be a great truck for me.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:06 AM
rc rock

but do they allow electric in the mt class. i would ask before i sink 1000 bucks into a e-revo. if they do then i say go for it...
Old 04-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Access

Depends on the track, just ask.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:56 PM
The Hedgehog

Haven't been to a track yet that don't allow brushless equivalents unless they have enough to make a separate class.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:10 PM
For_The_Win

ORIGINAL: rc rock

the e-revo cannot race in any class. it is illegal and made 100% for bashing. they might let you run in the truggy class but you would not have a chance in a million. look at a brushless truggy like the ae rc8t as an alternitive. the e-revo cannot race, is not made for racing....
Not true.. We just had a Jconcepts clash down here in Florida at Hurricane and they where raceing just fine.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:27 AM
rc rock

ORIGINAL: For_The_Win

ORIGINAL: rc rock

Not true.. We just had a Jconcepts clash down here in Florida at Hurricane and they where raceing just fine.
i'm talking about club races. not many clubs have e-revo races
Old 04-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Traxxas4fun
My Feedback: (3)

the only reason the WOULDNT let you run electric to there smelly nitros is because there SCARED they will get whooped buy a brushless beast! am i right!!
Old 04-27-2009, 11:27 PM
abeast84

what all do i need to order as far as batteries(lipo),conecters and chargers?

my local track told me i'll be racing in the M/T class..
Old 04-28-2009, 05:24 PM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: abeast84

what all do i need to order as far as batteries(lipo),conecters and chargers?

my local track told me i'll be racing in the M/T class..
You would need at least two 2S or 3S lipos and a charger. Obviously the more sets of lipos you can get the better off you are since you will be able to bash for longer.

There are endless choices from maxamps, to venom, to hobbycity zippy packs, to losi packs, to you name it. If it were me I would buy a 20C 5,000mah pack at minimum, the higher C rating and mah rating the better and more amps you will be able to draw.

I use two 2S packs for bashing primarily but go 3S when I want to just be silly fast.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Access

For racing I don't think anything over 4s is really necessary, unless it's a track with really long straights.

The trick is fitting the batteries into the chassis, impulse power is a brand I've had good luck with and 3s 4000mAH is the largest I can fit into the chassis.

For LiPos, the ones to stay away from are Venom (ok but overpriced), maxamps (extremely overpriced). Orion, NeuEnergy, ImpulsePower, Thunderpower, Flightpower, Thunderpower Extreme V2, etc. all good brands.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:46 PM
Sampson0420
My Feedback: (7)

rcpro rules allow E-revo's to compete with nitro MT's this year, there are weight requirements though.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:52 PM
abeast84

are these good batteries for this truck? http://cgi.ebay.com/Thunder-Power-50...m14&_trkparms=
Old 04-29-2009, 07:07 PM
Access

For the E-Revo I wouldn't bother with the hard case unless your track requires it. The batteries are pretty protected inside the chassis as they are. A hardcase can actually be a danger since it makes it harder to recognize potential 'danger signs' for a LiPo until it is too late.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:43 PM
abeast84

ok thanks what about these http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270372895027