Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Slash + Mamba max 5700 gearing + 2/3s Lipo ?

I want gearing for top speed and gearing for overall bashing/run time.

I'm thinking for 3s top speed 12-13t/90t ... but I'd like to hear what you guys have done already with good results. I dont need to buy useless items so help me out If it makes any difference, this is for my slash with epic wheels and switch tires, not anacondas. Thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Slash + Mamba max 5700 gearing + 2/3s Lipo ?

That should be good. However when I did the same thing to my rustler and broke so many parts on the thing for a while before I got everything upgraded to rpm and metal gears. It just didn't want to take the power I was pitting into it. So if you don't have a brushless system in it yet and you are switching over from stock keep in mind that it will cost a little more because of parts. If you want good 3 cell lipos do hobbycity. They are SO FAST.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi I just recently bought a slash with a mamba max 5700 kit. I was wondering what is the best gear ratio for top speed. Without frying my esc and motor. I got 2 3 cell 5000mah 20-30 c lipos on the way, and wanna get some serious speed!
    Plz help thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have the Slash with the Mamba Max 5700kv and running 14/90 gears, on 3s Lipo the temps get to about 145 degrees which is border line. It goes 41 mph, so if your looking for speed I would put a smaller spur gear than 90. Try the 86 and keep an eye on motor temps. The esc will be fine, but the motor might get too hot.

Romanracer, keep and eye on motor temps. Running a 3s 5000 mah lipo will over heat the motor. Go with a 14/90 gearing.
    RCing as the day goes by

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I looked on the mamba max website and it said the motor will be good as long as its not over 200 degrees?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Depends on how your going to ride it. If your into speed and giving it full throttle for a long time (5000 mah lipo is a loooonngggg time) then you will have heat issues. Try to do a 90 spur gear and 16 pinion and check your temps. If your good then try a 18 pinion. You have to play around with these things. People think with electric theres no 'tuning' but their really is. Nitro isnt the only annoying thing
    RCing as the day goes by