Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

evx-2 overvolt?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 06:49 PM
otis721

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default evx-2 overvolt?

has anybody out there ran more than 16.8 volts to the evx-2? i am looking at running 2 9.6v batteries at it. any advice out there on this subject?. got tired of the 16.8 volts in the boat already. i know the traxxas xl5 can handle up to 9.6v and is posted to do so, but the evx2 does not say anything past 16.8 volts. thanks
Old 04-29-2009, 11:03 PM
Fr33ze

Default RE: evx-2 overvolt?

Ran 5s lipo (18.5vdc) on mine today for 15 seconds and it seemed fine, donno if I'd try it full out though... Probably end up frying the BEC. If you have an external BEC, use it if you get brave and try this experiment.

Cheers.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:54 PM
FairTax4me

It should be able to handle the extra voltage as long as the motors aren't pulling some kind of crazy high amperage. (like twin 970s)
Old 04-30-2009, 06:33 AM
otis721

thanks for the answer. finally someone making sense. i have this installed in a boat going to one titan 775 and couldn't get any help from the boat guys. much easier just to plug in to the evx2, then running a y cable and 2 xl5 speed controllers.