Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

E-Revo Owners please read thx :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 02:06 PM
BMooch1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Revo Owners please read thx :)

I recently picked up up an e-revo off of ebay and just love it. Can you guys provide me with some direction of upgrades and things to look for on it? He I think upgraded some of the arms to rpm and I think he put a different axel on it as well. I am going to use this mainly for bashing and speed runs around the neighborhood.

Thanks everyone in advance
Old 04-30-2009, 02:13 PM
KRO

Default RE: E-Revo Owners please read thx :)

Hard too say if you dont know what mods were already done , is it brushless ? If not then that would be my first mod .
Old 04-30-2009, 02:35 PM
racerj3

I took the that little plastic steering stop off of mine, it does seem to have a tighter turning radius now. Also I would get the 17mm hubs for it.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:11 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i would just upgrade when parts break.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:58 PM
04DarkShadowGT

Post up some pics and then we can tell you what if anything the original owner has done. But I agree with samguan, dont do anything until you break it. No need to upgrade anything if you never break the stock stuff.

Brushless is really fun, but expensive so unless you have $300-$500 lying around for the system, lipo packs, and a charger I wouldnt go that route.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:03 PM
fusebmx13

ORIGINAL: samguan

i would just upgrade when parts break.
+1, some people don't break anything with normal use. It depends on your driving style. Just wait and don't spend you hard earned money on not needed part. Unless it is something like brushless or lipo then I would say go for it.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:07 AM
Shaun1414

I would upgrade when parts break, like said earlier. If you want a good upgrade, get a Novak HV Pro 4.5, 5.5, or 6.5. Brushless is awesome on the Revo. But if you don't want to spend that kind of money, you can pick up a Titan 775 motor from a summit, and have alot of fun with it. Mine easily snatches the tires off of the ground with two 6 cells, and the 775.