Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

View Poll Results: A poll

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Castle Creations Sidewinder 4600

22 25.29%
  • Castle Creations Sidewinder 5700

25 28.74%
  • Novak Havoc 8.5

28 32.18%
  • Speed Passion 3600

4 4.60%
  • LRP Eraser 9.5

6 6.90%
  • Team Losi Xcelorin Brushless 4800

2 2.30%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Brushless poll!!

buy the way i tossed that crudd esc and installed this one had no problems since Mtronicks rv11 ...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: yaleforscale

ORIGINAL: For_The_Win

yip ai systems utter junk lasted a week on a stock brushed motor
    Yeah they wont last long if you get them wet or coverd in dirt like that.. Considering your truck is covered in it...
    read the specs waterproof ..
    Waterproof...yes.... Submersible.. no
    it never ran long enough to get wet let alone submersed .utter junk buyer beware .
    Ok... So why is there dirt or rust on the heat sink?
    there is no rust a little grubby may be that comes from running your r/c ..
    Huh.. Thats funny.. Its looks like the dirt from your tires...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I voted for the havok 8.5, I run the lrp 9.5 in my slider now, both are good but the havok you can run 3s lipo, if you desire to go that fast.
    I'm perfectly happy with my xbr 8.5(pretty much the same as the havok but your limited to 2s lipo), upgraded to the sensored rotor for racing.
    Losi DT/Losi XX-4/Tamiya TA05/SC10/Tamiya 501x \"WCE\"/Yokomo YR4 M2/F-150/Blackfoot Xtreme

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have the Sidewinder 5700 and wish I had gone for the sensored Havoc, but they were not oout at the time.
    B-less HPI E-Firestorm, Associated NTC3+, B-less T4, Redcat Tornado EPX, E-Flite mCX, MSR, and Ember

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

theres 50 different brushless systems theres 50 diffrent style of connectors, that all claim to be the best and fastest. but theres only one for the mases and thats the mamba sidewinder. and if you want crazy power get the mamba max and run a medusa or lenher or neu motor. my 159.99 sidewinder 4600 pushes my custom pede at 45mph thru anything with wheelie torque anywere in the rpm range, with long run times 25+ minutes with a 5000mah. cant go wrong sure theres cheaper but the least you can do is buy quality,
    6S E-maxx - 4S slash - 2S TT-01E

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

dont mean to go off topic,but what sort of truck is that pictured?
    i bought one a while ago exacly the same but a chinese copy.
    its not because we cant, its because we cant be bothered.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Its a stampede.
    Your only as good as the car you drive unless its better than you then your in a world of hurt.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: monsterbombs

Thats a Bonzer made by Haiboxing.....It's a TL01 Clone.
    Tamiya cc01, AE RC18R, HPI Savage Flux XS, HPI E-Firestorm Flux.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

ORIGINAL: monsterbombs

Thats a Bonzer made by Haiboxing.....It's a TL01 Clone.
    correct a tl01b clone aka the bonzer cross tiger ,, and as some one just said the casle systems are top but for a $159 .99 i could purchase 3 yes 3 ezrun systems , that have stood the test of time ,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

People are just so cheap these days let me tell ya! novak havok 8.5 is just a old SS5800 motor with a new cheap esc not saying its bad but it is what it is

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So whats wrong with that? Just because you don't run it does not make it bad....Looks like people like the sensored system.
    Tamiya cc01, AE RC18R, HPI Savage Flux XS, HPI E-Firestorm Flux.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i voted for the castle 4600 i personally own a mmm2200, its my thought that as far as ready to install motor/esc combo's castle cant be beat. and the 4600kv should give you alot of gearing options and decent run time. just my .02
    3905 Gorillamaxx MMM2200kv
    twin vxl villain
    vxl 4-tec drift machine

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

With your budget there is only one clear choice. The new Havoc 3S systems come with a ballistic motor or SPEC's with the SSPRO's. Bashing is one thing and put up with a little cogging. But for most tracks sensored is the best low speed performance. The Havoc has a fan that can be removed on milder motors. The ballistic is Novaks best motor and completely rebuildable. Try to buy a motor part from Castle. Most clubs have a motor limit and classes have been know to go away from lack of interest. Havoc's are 100% ROAR approved. If you like a different class you can easly switch to a 10.5 or 13.5. I have 8 -1/10 Losi cars and trucks. With Xcelorin, Castle and Novak brushless. The most consistent is the Novaks. There are some racers with a more powerfull setup but spend half their time on their roof.
    My .02
    Hey Buddy -That was the most spectacular crash I\'ve ever seen , That rolling cart wheel with parts slinging out was cool...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For the Win: I don't know if you're still using Molex "Tamiya" connectors, but if you are, ditch them immediately if not sooner. That may be what caused the other ESC to fry. Not enough voltage getting to the ESC, because it is being robbed by the connection. Then, it has to work harder to make the car move at a decent clip.

Go and spend $10 and get some proper connectors, whether they be Deans, Traxxas, or Anderson.

What happens with the Molex is that the contacts loosen up over time. This leads to a high impedance connection, which leads to heat build-up and lost power. The connector acts as another load!

These low-grade Molex connectors were designed to interconnect electronics equipment, where they would be connected/disconnected maybe 3 times in their whole life. As you know, that is not realistic for an RC battery connector.

Tamiya really should know better by now. They should take the high road and stop using these. This is just one reason why Traxxas is taking the market from them in this country.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Jeremy Z

For the Win: I don't know if you're still using Molex "Tamiya" connectors, but if you are, ditch them immediately if not sooner. That may be what caused the other ESC to fry. Not enough voltage getting to the ESC, because it is being robbed by the connection. Then, it has to work harder to make the car move at a decent clip.

Go and spend $10 and get some proper connectors, whether they be Deans, Traxxas, or Anderson.

What happens with the Molex is that the contacts loosen up over time. This leads to a high impedance connection, which leads to heat build-up and lost power. The connector acts as another load!

These low-grade Molex connectors were designed to interconnect electronics equipment, where they would be connected/disconnected maybe 3 times in their whole life. As you know, that is not realistic for an RC battery connector.

Tamiya really should know better by now. They should take the high road and stop using these. This is just one reason why Traxxas is taking the market fromthem in this country.

I already got my Novak Havoc 8.5 and i have deans everywhere.. i waited to switch to deans.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

im sure the SS5800 was 196 watts, something real low and im sure the mamba 4600 is 500watts, and can handle 3s

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i run the SW 4600 and it is beastly on a good 6 cell, it absolutly FLYS in my b4 geared 22/81 the speed is 35mph easy the power is there from start to finish (and i've backed this down quite a bit via castle link) , and in my evader geared 24/78 it is again high 30's... this is all on a EP 4200 pack with around 75 cycles thru it...

the lug
    Savage Flux 2350 Evader ST Pro EXT \'\'Detta ST E Choas, HPI E Firestrom Novus CP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Jeremy Z

Tamiya really should know better by now. They should take the high road and stop using these. This is just one reason why Traxxas is taking the market fromthem in this country.

Heh, Tamiya doesn't even make these anymore, it's just the nickname we give to them.So Ireally don't think that is one reason Traxxas is doing better LOLOL.

What would Chuck Finley do?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123