Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

..::The Beater Builds Thread v2.0::..

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 08:34 PM
fusebmx13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ..::The Beater Builds Thread v2.0::..

ORIGINAL: traxxaspede

hmm...would these work?
http://www.fastlanemachine.com/Publi...7/Default.aspx
there at the bottom of the page
Chris, he is looking to put them on his stampede. I am getting the slash ones. LOL this is funny. They just put those on their site. I was on it yesterday and they did not show those. YES!!!! now I can get those instead of intejunk for my rustler also . Good find man. I am still trying it on my slash before doing it to both trucks though.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:38 PM
fusebmx13

ORIGINAL: Krawlin

ORIGINAL: fusebmx13

adapters. I cannot find any ones that make it stock width. The only ones I can find for the pede or rustler are the integy extended ones. Sooooo what I will be doing is. Taking my rear arms off of my rustler and putting some rears from a slash on it. This will make the offset able to use the FLM adapters and be equal. I don't know if you understand what I am trying to say. But the bottom line is you need 17mm adapters, and tires and rims of your choice. Personally, my lhs has some cheap 13 dollar tires and rims. I will be getting those and they are only like 26 bucks for a full set.
Traxxaspede, those will not work, those will actually change the width of his slash, will make the rear to narrow I believe.

What you need are those FLM ones for the slash, and you don't need to switch the arms or anything. There is a reason for them being extended, and that is because most 1/8 buggy wheels are zero offset, while standard Slash/Rusty/Pede wheels are usually 1/4 or 1/2 offset, so you need an extended adapter to make up for the lack of offset in the wheel. Trust me they will work, there are many people running those FLM extended 17mm adapters on their Slashes at the LHS, and they keep the Slash at its stock width. They are in stock at RC-Monster - http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail.php?prod=flm21100
I know, I was talking about the integy extended ones. Those are like 2 inches long [&:]. The FLM ones really don't make the truck much wider if any. They just make it equal to stock. We are kinda getting confused here on what we are talking about lol.

Traxxaspede, I don't know what your lhs has or whatever. But mine has this box of brand new cheap tires. A couple guys at my hobby shop use them and love them. They are 13 bucks for rims and tires. They also have 3 different tread patterns. I will probably get some fatty ones for offroad and some small pins to wear down for onroad.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:49 PM
traxxaspede

I'll have to check out what my LHS has, but I was just looking on tower and I saw a couple tires I might like. Mostly based off of if it looks like the tread will wear down really quick or not.

Ofna Excel
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHMH4&P=7

SC8 tires
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXVVZ3&P=0

HPI aggressors
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLZP9&P=0

Jconcepts double cross
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWRC9&P=0

Ofna bones
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTVC7&P=0

ofna stadium
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHWJ1&P=0

pro line knuckles
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHEN5&P=0

Im sorta leaning towards the last two. the ofna stadium ones look like they will have good traction and ther are the same height as mashers and only .1 inches skinnier, but they have a smaller side wall.
And now im a little confused. For a stampede, should I get the FLM adapters that I posted, or the FLM extended ones for the slash? the slash ones say that they will work with slash/rusty/pede and that it will keep the stock offset.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Krawlin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris, he is looking to put them on his stampede. I am getting the slash ones.
Sorry, I must have missed where he said he was putting them on his pede.

ORIGINAL: Krawlin

What you need are those FLM ones for the slash, and you don't need to switch the arms or anything. There is a reason for them being extended, and that is because most 1/8 buggy wheels are zero offset, while standard Slash/Rusty/Pede wheels are usually 1/4 or 1/2 offset, so you need an extended adapter to make up for the lack of offset in the wheel. Trust me they will work, there are many people running those FLM extended 17mm adapters on their Slashes at the LHS, and they keep the Slash at its stock width. They are in stock at RC-Monster - http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail.php?prod=flm21100
I know, I was talking about the integy extended ones. Those are like 2 inches long [&:]. The FLM ones really don't make the truck much wider if any. They just make it equal to stock. We are kinda getting confused here on what we are talking about lol.
We aren't getting confused, I said the same thing about the FLM extended slash ones that you just did, that they don't make it any wider, they keep it at its stock width.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:48 PM
SlashBasher
My Feedback: (8)

Ok, so I was thinking and why spend $45 on an RCM mount whne I could make the same mount for free?I found some 1/4" aluminum plate and i am basically copeing the RCM mount. I will have pictures later!
Old 05-12-2009, 07:44 PM
traxxaspede

Hows this for 1/8 tires

FLM 17MM extended wheel adapters
JConcepts Goose Bumps 1/8 Truggy Tire Yellow
AKA Racing 1/8 Truggy Wheels White (4)

Tire are medium compound, 3.05 inches wide, 5.4 inches tall. Ill probably have to drop a tooth or two on my pinion to make up for the size difference, but there quite a bit wider than masher with a lot smaller sidewall. How much would these wear on gravel/concrete?
Old 05-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Krawlin

Sounds good. LPR truggy wheels are great, they are very light weight, same with the tires. And they will wear pretty damn fast on concrete, in gravel you shouldn't have any issue though. Most any RC tires, unless meant for onroad, will wear very quickly on a hard/abrasive surface like concrete or pavement/asphalt.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:10 PM
SlashBasher

Ok well its done and very sturdy! I am glad i tried to make it becuase I saved myself $45! the screws arent really holding the motor(wrong size, too long) but you get the idea. It replaces the whole rear CD holder...(fiegao will be replaced with a medusa)[8D]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22692.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	1197057   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12096.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	1197058   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68096.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	1197059   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz79988.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	1197060  
Old 05-12-2009, 08:19 PM
traxxaspede

Do you know of any tires that will do ok both on and off road? My mashers seems to work good, they have good traction but they dont wear too fast. If not, them I don't think I'll bother. I dont really want to have to switch between sets of tires, or even have to buy 2 sets. also I do a lot of mixed driving on and off road in the same run, so switching tires wouldn't really work.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:35 PM
Redvanmafia

my beater. custom ext chassis, wide pede, sidewinder 4600 3s chisel g8 tires on hpi rims, pro-line t-maxx body and all then rest of the stampede goodies. looking for a rear wing set up not sure what to do yet. a new body mount system that works with felcro cause i bend body clips all the time, and break the mounts thru the body

Old 05-12-2009, 08:40 PM
SlashBasher

Nice pede. Looks like a great beater.!
Old 05-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Krawlin

Sweet. How do those chisel tires do as far as wear? I know they are probably pretty soft since they are a crawler tire, or did you get them in Proline's harder compound?
Old 05-12-2009, 08:49 PM
Redvanmafia

Ive only had them for a week mabey 10 runs, im carefull. tires & rims arnt cheap the whole set after tax was 105$ i run them in gravel and thicker grass just rip around the 3s will leave patches of rubber on the asphalt so far so good no signs of wear, the grip is emence wheelies even with the slipper backed off, i just chewed up my aluminum idler gear 2-3 runs after these tires and 3s, i got a steel one now it should last longer.

sidewinder 4600, 4800mah 30c 3s lipo 18/86 temps of motor after a full pack: 160f the esc stays warm never over 120f and the lipo is room+ temp. Awesome set-up it flys
Old 05-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Wild YFZ 450

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEcMg...e=channel_page
I am currently getting a butch of parts in for the Jato/Slash, Can't wait to get them and post up the pics..
Old 05-12-2009, 10:19 PM
fusebmx13

I am doing a monster body after all. I am kinda doing it my way though. I am getting the M's from a guy at my lhs and I am painting it all. I hope it turns out alright. I am not filling in the details, just wait .
Old 05-13-2009, 05:21 PM
fusebmx13

Man I can't beleive you are using those G8's . That must be goofy to drive. Here are a few pics just for fun. I just got done cleaning them both. Lowered the crawler some and put thicker oil in the shocks also.

Name:	Om31775.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	1197505   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40004.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	1197506   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk16341.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	1197507   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mf96289.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	1197508  
Old 05-13-2009, 05:41 PM
SlashBasher

Well I have a pretty big update...I ordered a NEU 1515/2D/F 2050kv! I got it for $130 shipped! This thing is going to rip! and fuse get one aim
Old 05-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Krawlin

Not bad, a little too high of a Kv for 5S for my taste, I know it will be just fine since the CCNeu is 2200Kv and people run it on 6S all the time, I just prefer a lower Kv/higher voltage setup. Should be good, may be a bit more powerful than the CCNeu since it's 150 less Kv.

New update on my Maxx, going to be ordering the 3905 Maxx steering setup for my Maxx. It fits just fine, and has a built in servo saver, which I prefer over the crappy "mounted on the servo servo saver." Also ordering a heatsink for my motor, as well as some more weights of diff fluids.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:53 PM
SlashBasher

Yeah. I think the motor will be just about perfect. And sounds awsome chris! Get some pics fo your CD conversion finished!
Old 05-13-2009, 09:09 PM
fusebmx13

Cool, Going with a neu . I am getting my paint tomorrow along with the monster logos. Black, flueressant green, and white [8D]. You wont be able to see the white, just using it to make the green pop and protect my paint. Green headlights, tail lights, stripes on the sides, M on the sides, and an M on the hood. It is not going to resemble any rear corr truck but it will be something different than black and I am trying . If it comes out horrible at least i tried and that just gives me all the more reason to drive harder.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:10 PM
MuggyDude

Well right now my current beater is my Rustler VXL. Its got:
RPM: Arms, bumper, castor blocks, bearing holders, rear links, and shock towers
Intergy Front piggyback shocks
Traxxas aluminum steering links and turnbuckles, vxl motor, and rear big bore shocks
CC MM ESC
Hitec Servo
Hitec Agressor Radio
Some custom painted bodies
and too many tires to count!

I'll be getting a new wheely bar and the RPM motor gaurd+wheely bar mount

I'm also getting the new Traxxas mini E-Revo
I plan on RPMing it up, aluminum hexes, center diff, TiNi shock shafts, and a sick custom bady.

Name:	If10835.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	1197614   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw72741.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	1197615   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo29316.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	1197616  
Old 05-14-2009, 08:31 AM
warheadforever

Man I can't beleive you are using those G8's . That must be goofy to drive. Here are a few pics just for fun. I just got done cleaning them both. Lowered the crawler some and put thicker oil in the shocks also.
Looks nice Fuse!
Old 05-14-2009, 08:41 AM
fusebmx13

Thanks. I am getting the paint for the body today and hopefully will have it painted this weekend. I am also getting the FLM adapters sometime soon to run buggy wheels .
Old 05-14-2009, 08:43 AM
warheadforever

A demon the the Darknessmust be slain

Project coming soon.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:45 AM
fusebmx13

Those pics don't work....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.