Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

GCM RB3 arrived

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Lilredmachine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GCM RB3 arrived

Mmmmmm... custom aftermarket build goodness. that's $900 in just chassis and suspension right there. 2

For those who are unfamiliar with this truck (and that's probably everyone lol), it is a GCM RB3, which is a complete one off custom truck based very loosely on E-savage architecture. It uses the center gearbox, bulkheads and c-hubs and that's about it. The rest is pure race developed aftermarket. There are presently very, very few of these in the world, one is mine, there are two that were built for the no limit monster truck race in the 'States and the other is GCMs own development truck. I ordered this in late January and it's taken a while to get the kit together but it was worth it. When it's finished it'll look like this:

But mine will have the short towers and truggy shocks. And no, those scales aren't incorrect, all up, RTR with pack, this thing that is only 1cm shorter than a Flux and matches it in width will tip the scales at under 4 kilos. The Flux will weigh way over 5 kilos with packs. The idea behind it is to have a truck that is very simple, lightweight, and powerful. This ensures the drivetrain will stand up to the abuse, it won't be a power hog (mine will use 2 2s packs in series and a Medusa 60mm 3100 motor and even that will be overkill) and that it won't break. It has numerous interesting features such as the tranny is run backwards so an electronics forward design can be used. this does require slight modification of the bulkheads but it's easy enough to do. This frees up the space for a rarity in a TVP MT, an internal battery tray that is big enough for 2 3s lipos. The external mounted servo should be good for cooling in race conditions as well as keeping it out of the truck and cutting the repair time down dramatically should you need to swap out a blown one. The diffs use the standard ring and pinion gears but have alloy cases with modified internals, all the cups are hardened steel and it has steel CVDs all round with enourmously thick alloy shafts down the middle.

So quite cool. Roll on the first test drive!

Old 05-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Eman77

Default RE: GCM RB3 arrived

thats great but my rusty is way better lol

(kidding!)

Nice truck, man. Looking forward to assembled pics of yours, and your impressions. I'll be reading up on that on the other forum though.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:39 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very cool.....[8D]
Old 08-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Lilredmachine

Getting there. It's taken a while to gather parts, but she is gorgeous.

Need a set of truggy shocks, the electronics and it will be ready.