Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

DuraTrax Evader Stadium Truck RTR

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 07:23 PM
MASTERCHIEF199611

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DuraTrax Evader Stadium Truck RTR

is a DuraTrax Evader rtr truck a good rc truck?
Old 05-25-2009, 07:25 PM
04DarkShadowGT

Default RE: DuraTrax Evader Stadium Truck RTR

ORIGINAL: MASTERCHIEF199611

is a DuraTrax Evader rtr truck a good rc truck?
Its not the best truck out there but for the $$ its a good value.

The Evader ST RTR was going for $99 on towerhobbies while the Evader EXT was going for $79 on ultimatehobbies

They are hard to beat for the $$, thats for sure.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:36 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

they're solid trucks, i have the pro version which is discont. and it has been great to me i' beat the crap outta it and yeah it breaks every now and then, but with the right upgrades its a very solid and capable truck, is it a racer, no, is it a total bash machine, no, its a good beginner platform, that you can, do some bashing with, and some racing with, will it win worlds, or nationals, no, and will it take 15ft jumps no problem, nope, thats what they got a savage for, but it'll give you a solid platfrom to learn from, that will take a good beating, and also handle decently 

the lug
Old 05-26-2009, 06:10 AM
yaleforscale
Banned

they break very easy so buy plenty of spares , . i know this first hand , but i guess you will find out for yourself ,
Old 05-26-2009, 09:46 AM
04DarkShadowGT

I have an Evader BX and havent ever broken a single part on it and it runs a brushless setup.  But even if you do break a plastic part duratrax will replace it for free for the first year.

Ill say it again, its not the best out there but for the $$ its pretty hard to beat it for general bashing or even some entry level racing.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:02 AM
yaleforscale
Banned

well its far from a basher , i think even the duretraxx guys would agree with me on that . . but free parts for a year . wonder why that is .. read this before you purchase ,... [link]http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/archive/index.php/t-2152-p-2.html[/link]
Old 05-26-2009, 11:51 AM
firebox

I'd be more inclined to think that if a company is offering free parts for a year, they're fairly confident in the build quality of their products.

After all, if I produce something I know is gonna break a lot, I'm not going to offer free replacements for a year for every customer.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:57 AM
airmayle

I got mine from Tower Hobby for $99.95 and it has been a $100.worth of fun. If you have the money you might want to go with something more advance. It is a great entry level RC for beginners. I have been running my brushless Slash mostly but I still run my Evader too.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:00 PM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: yaleforscale

well its far from a basher , i think even the duretraxx guys would agree with me on that . . but free parts for a year . wonder why that is .. read this before you purchase ,... [link]http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/archive/index.php/t-2152-p-2.html[/link]
It is a car that was selling for $99 RTR, its not going to be as good as kits that sell for $200.

I would think that would be pretty easy to figure out. As everyone in this thread has said, its an entry level car and there are better ones out there.But for the $$its a good value.

Heck if Iremember right isnt the evader basically an older losi that duratax bought the rights to?
Old 05-26-2009, 05:57 PM
yaleforscale
Banned

ORIGINAL: firebox

I'd be more inclined to think that if a company is offering free parts for a year, they're fairly confident in the build quality of their products.

After all, if I produce something I know is gonna break a lot, I'm not going to offer free replacements for a year for every customer.
if thats the case then why dont traxxas or tamiya offer free parts for a year , . may because there not going to break every time you take them out ,
Old 05-26-2009, 06:00 PM
yaleforscale
Banned

[quote]ORIGINAL: 04DarkShadowGT

It is a car that was selling for $99 RTR, its not going to be as good as kits that sell for $200.

I would think that would be pretty easy to figure out. As everyone in this thread has said, its an entry level car and there are better ones out there. But for the $$ its a good value.

Heck if I remember right isnt the evader basically an older losi that duratax bought the rights to? <br type= a cheap r/c it is yes but good value i dont think so , and yes it is a very old losi desighn at least ten years old , it was never any good then thats why losi droped it .
Old 05-26-2009, 06:03 PM
yaleforscale
Banned

a cheap entry level r/c it is that i do understand but good value no chance , it is as you say a very old losi desighn at least ten years old . it was never very good back then thats why losi sold the rights and droped the model ..
Old 05-26-2009, 06:13 PM
MTboy

Really for the money why not.  It gets you in the door and as things break you can learn and upgrade.  I feel it would be a great truck for the $$ and am looking to pick on up for friends that want to race on my track when over BBQing.  Plus if you decide that you don't like the hobby you didn't waste anything but $100..
Old 05-26-2009, 07:16 PM
monsterbombs

you may have opened the proverbial bag of worms here.

yes the rtr evader is a good truck. the motor isnt very good

but it is a rtr. for $99, getting a truck with threaded alum shocks,

bearings and an adjustable ball diff is pretty much by itself in

its price range. its not designed for bashing and as stated is

based on a 10+ year old losi design that won races. the evader

is not a basher dont get me wrong, but it handles great and really

is unbeatable in value. dont be fazed by people saying they break.

everything breaks. i would get the st though not the ext. its worth

the extra money.my 2c

Old 05-26-2009, 07:29 PM
04DarkShadowGT

a cheap entry level r/c it is that i do understand but good value no chance , it is as you say a very old losi desighn at least ten years old . it was never very good back then thats why losi sold the rights and droped the model ..
They dropped the model because they designed a new one, so since Losi now has the XXX-CR the old XXX is bad?It was just replaced, doesnt mean it wasnt a good car even back then.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Redvanmafia

dont waste your time with anything duratrax. hobby shops love duratrax because they break alot... they no you'll be back for parts. thats were they will make all there money sure theres the stresstech warrentee but thats only on a few parts, and thoes parts usally dont break,
Old 05-27-2009, 11:46 AM
yaleforscale
Banned

ORIGINAL: Redvanmafia

dont waste your time with anything duratrax.
at last some one who knows , duretrax is garbage , and thats being nice ..
Old 05-27-2009, 12:19 PM
SacramentoJoe

Our Evaders have been great fun, even when they had the original Photon motor. I think it has been well-worth the money. All of the replacement parts are inexpensive also, for when the warranty ends. I just started adjusting the suspension in my son's buggy. It handles pretty nice for him now.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:05 PM
yaleforscale
Banned

sorry joe . yes you know my feelings i make no bones about it , you love your model good luck to you but i must warn newbies these are not a durable model , and regardlees of what you guys from the evader section say i know they are very poor , i have had first hand experiance , of the poor quality construction. when a r/c breaks when your doing nothing more than fooling around in your front garden , i can only assume that there quality is not very good , thanks
Old 05-27-2009, 01:11 PM
airmayle

Just keep in mind no matter what brand you buy they all break at some point in time. Either by driver error or parts just wear out but they all break that is part of the hobby. I find as driving skills get better there is less broken parts and down time, for me that is. I will say only brand that disappointed me was Exceed, I won't get into details but it was my first RC experience.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:50 PM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: Redvanmafia

dont waste your time with anything duratrax. hobby shops love duratrax because they break alot... they no you'll be back for parts. thats were they will make all there money sure theres the stresstech warrentee but thats only on a few parts, and thoes parts usally dont break,
Im not really sure I would take advice from someone who doesnt know the difference between "know" and "no"...

Old 05-27-2009, 02:04 PM
Redvanmafia

your a loser buddy, duratrash is junk doesnt matter if i spell know as no:P

ps- call me a dumbass iput money into an evader, never again with anything duratrax, the transmission is made out of butter. dont take my word for it, buy one you'll know what i mean quick
Old 05-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Eman77

Duratrax makes some pretty darned solid chargers, that's for sure.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:11 PM
Redvanmafia

ORIGINAL: Eman77

Duratrax makes some pretty darned solid chargers, that's for sure.
They sell crap cars and trucks, to finance there good chargers, i run a DTX ice and i love it (atleast it looks that way) 99 dollars and durability dont go together
Old 05-27-2009, 03:07 PM
SacramentoJoe

the transmission is made out of butter. dont take my word for it, buy one you'll know what i mean quick
My ST is running a CC SW 4600 with a 3S Lipo with its stock tranny, diff, servo, Tx/Rx. The only thing not stock are the tires. My neighbor's BX has been nearly maintenance free (other than crashes) for a year and a half.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.