Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

NEED HELP ON WHAT TO DO

Ok heres whats up i got a xxx-t sport II that is used an i was planning on purchasing it soon its used an looks alright but not the greatest. but it runs an comes RTR. hes asking $100 or so for it. but then theres my rustler i just bought like three weeks ago. i just killed the second titan motor. an i wondering is it worth it to skip out on buying a team losi stadium truck an get a brushless motor for the rustler. i really want that losi. but my rustler is still new an i want to keep it running with out having to worry about it crapping out on me.

What should i do?

If i get the losi then i just going to buy another titan because its cheap. an i just going to be running the losi more. an then in the long run instead of upgrading the rustler i going to make the losi shine but that project will take a year to complete because i am short on money. if i get thebl motor for the rustler then i am just going to forget about the losi xxx-t an just go all out on the rustler.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: NEED HELP ON WHAT TO DO

If you're short on $$, I'd say pass on the Losi and make the Rustler purr.

More cars = more parts, more maintenance = even LESS money.

If you get the Losi anyway, get a S600 motor instead of another Titan, as mentioned in the other thread. They seem to be less fragile.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For a couple bucks more than the Titan, you get get an Orion SV2 motor, which is alot better. I think the Novak esc in the xxx-t is capable of handling motors down to 15 turns, so I would look at a 15T Orion SV2 non ball bearing for $30. It really comes down to the point-do you want to race or bash. You will go faster with the rustler, but it will do horrible in racing, and you will go slower with the XXX-T in a striaght line, but it will feel alot better suited for the track. I really dont know of any major upgrades the XXX-T needs, except Lunsford Super Duty turnbuckles andLunsford ball studs if you want to bash it. But run it and see what it breaks, then upgrade.
    Losi 2.0 ~ 8T 2.0 ~ XXX-T CR ~ XXX-NT AD2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

id say get the losi and get a decent brushed motor for the rustler
    DRIVE LIKE THE WIND!
    -TRAXXAS SLASH -ASSOCIATED RC18B

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think save the money and upgrade the rustler.  More rigs is more money and if money is tight you dont need another truck.  Have fun with one you have and keep it running.  No since in adding more rigs if already looking at taking a year to hop up..  Just my to .02 from making that move..lol
    Keep dreaming

I agree with Chris Rc. Right now you have to really decide what you are going to do. Race or Bash. If you plan on mostly racing then the XXX-T will serve you better. And of course, if you mostly bash around the house the Rustler is a better choice.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I really want to race but the track in town only has local races were you win nothing if you win. an the track about 30miles away is all nitro an i dont have nitro. because i try to avoid bashing, its fun but its normally results in a damaged rc truck an a stop to the lhs.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well you need to decide...i mean when I bash my cars I hardly break ANYTHING and I dont have a track here...I think you'd better go bashing
    DRIVE LIKE THE WIND!
    -TRAXXAS SLASH -ASSOCIATED RC18B

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

so bashing it is then i guess i going to stick with the rustler sorry losi fans i really want a xxx-t but i guess i am going to stick with traxxas []. but hey at least with my new servo an this brushless motor i am going to get i will be able to keep up with the nitros at my track. only difference is my rustler looks like a midget truck trying not to get smashed by the all the 8ight-ts an muggys. (thats what a lot of people have at my track).

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Titan motor is just $19 at my LHS. If you already went thru 2 titans you are geared wrong. The Losi RTR are tuff and smooth and upgrade can be done as parts break. The XXXT would be a bargin if is complete and your ready to run. If you burn out brushless it can get expensive. You sound like the typical basher that want a truck to go 70 MPH but yet race a tight track and hold up to stop and start. You can't have both. I and my sonrace 2 Slash's . I have 4 XXXT, 1 XXX, 1 XXX4 and Traxas can't hold a candle to Losi quality and racing smoothness.
    My .02

Hey Buddy -That was the most spectacular crash I\'ve ever seen , That rolling cart wheel with parts slinging out was cool...