Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

slash- best combo

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 03:06 AM
d.k.v

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slash- best combo

im looking 4 a good combo 4 my slash. i was looking at a vxl. im only going to run a nimh batt or mabye twin nimh.
would this work?
Old 06-26-2009, 07:06 AM
04DarkShadowGT

Default RE: slash- best combo

Depending on the size of the "twin" nimh packs you wont be able to run both. It can only handle 3S lipo or 9 cell nimh.

The VXL is a fine choice and bolts right into the slash chassis. There are better systems out there but the VXL is a very good system.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:36 AM
d.k.v

i was thinking of running twin 3800 or 4500 mah packs 6 cells. what else is there on the market 4 the same kind of money??
Old 06-26-2009, 09:06 AM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: d.k.v

i was thinking of running twin 3800 or 4500 mah packs 6 cells. what else is there on the market 4 the same kind of money??
I guess you could run twin 6 cell packs in parallel for longer run time, but the extra weight would be a major detriment. You cannot run them in series for 14.4 volts or you will risk damaging the esc and running the motor too many RPM.

Mamba has a couple systems, losi has the Xcelorion, novak has several systems, etc. There are tons of them. Just look around some online stores like towerhobbies.com, amainhobbies.com, ultimatehobbies.com, stormerhobbies.com, hobbypeople.net

Old 06-26-2009, 09:09 AM
d.k.v

thanks. couldnt you put gome copasitor between the batterys and the esc to reduce it to 10. whatever (the max voltage)?
Old 06-26-2009, 10:42 AM
nitroade

Any particular reason you want to run twin NIMH versus running a good 3 cell Lipo? A couple of NIMH will be really heavy. If you want to get max voltage from NIMH to run in a VXL, you could just buy a 10 cell battery or have one soldered up so it fits within the Slash batery tray.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:26 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would recommend the Mamba Max ESC + Velineon Motor, perfect combo! The VXL ESC sucks big time. But the Velineon motor rocks!
Old 06-27-2009, 09:03 AM
d.k.v

what about the motor and esc from the brushless e-revo?