Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

New Losi CORR Truck!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 02:44 AM
death from below

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Losi CORR Truck!!

hey all just got my strike BnD last wednesday that night i threw in my velineon brushless system from my traxxas rustler bound it to my dx 2.0 and have been having a blast its super tough nothing bent or broken so far im running it on venom 7 cell 4200 mah packs and it handles the power just fine the only "mods" i've done so far are the same 2 things i did to my HighRoller i put a small section of fuel tubing in each of the drive cups and ditched the tiny o-rings they take up the slack without binding anything up to terribly and i added a small washer between the outer slipper clutch plate and the spring as the spring doesn't apply even pressure to the plate all the way around so you notice your spur gear looking like it's rolling on a bent output shaft now it spins nice and true quiets the transmission down immensely having the consistent gear mesh anyway im just here to say i love it and dont let all the losi bashers on here deter you from purchasing a great model with loads of potential just my 2 cents on the whole "strike bashing" i've been reading on all the forums lately

*james*
Old 11-05-2009, 07:07 AM
plasmaedge

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how does it handle the brushless system. performance wise ???

EG. handling
Old 11-05-2009, 03:16 PM
death from below

It handles it just fine actually amazing torque and top speed it looks slower then my rustler did but i have a feeling thats just due to the physical size difference more then anything else the tranny was checked out no signs of wear at all yet so far so good i can say as for speed right now im running the included 86 spur and a 25 tooth pinion the speed looks to be somewhere between 35-40 MPH which is decent considering the size pretty soon it will 11.1 volt lipos and im sure that will waken it up a bit more
Old 11-05-2009, 05:44 PM
whipnet

Are the shocks working well? No leaking? Are they the same length front and back?

Thanks

Old 11-05-2009, 06:09 PM
death from below

from what i can tell yes they are the same length front and rear and if they aren't it cant be more then a few millimeters difference and the shocks on my truck have absolutly no leaking issues at all i've refilled them with 40 wt losi oil and their doing great the only gripe i had was one onf the bladders was dry when they were first assembled so it was a total *****..excuse my french... to get the cap off without gouging up the shock body but aside from a few scuffs on one their working flawlessly