Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

New Losi CORR Truck!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 02:15 AM
HandyRacing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Losi CORR Truck!!

ORIGINAL: srt10

ORIGINAL: dacaur

Yea, its weird that the company (horizon hobby) that owns a brand (losi) would put its name in a video about one of its products. Crazy....

Advertising,
commercial,
what ever you want to call it....

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAH

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Yes.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:18 AM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Lord, some of you guys have an axe to grind.

Take it to the vendors forum and let us talk about the darn truck here! PLEASE!
Old 07-15-2009, 09:44 AM
RCGaryk

Hey guys, I've got the link here for the full review now. If the mods would like me to delete this as it might be seen as "advertising" I'll do so. The difference between this and just the video is the fact that there's more of a recap in text and more in-depth track notes too.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Articles...ArticleID=1988
Old 07-15-2009, 10:07 AM
thzero

Working link is... http://www.horizonhobby.com/Articles...ArticleID=1988

ORIGINAL: RCGaryk

Hey guys, I've got the link here for the full review now. If the mods would like me to delete this as it might be seen as ''advertising'' I'll do so. The difference between this and just the video is the fact that there's more of a recap in text and more in-depth track notes too.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Articles...ArticleID=1988
Old 07-15-2009, 11:06 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry for the confusing edits over the last 5 minutes. I was about to start removing advertising, when I realised that Horizon is a paying advertiser on RCU.

Gary, welcome, I/we have no issue with you doing product announcements and posting a vid or 2, but please do add something more indicative of the fact you are employed by Horizon to your signature so it's clear to members in the forums.

Let that be an end to the advertising debate guys, lets talk truck.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:59 AM
HandyRacing

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Sorry for the confusing edits over the last 5 minutes. I was about to start removing advertising, when I realised that Horizon is a paying advertiser on RCU.

Gary, welcome, I/we have no issue with you doing product announcements and posting a vid or 2, but please do add something more indicative of the fact you are employed by Horizon to your signature so it's clear to members in the forums.

Thank you.

Onward...

There is a MORL Slash / RC10 / SC Class 30 minute oval race coming up a week from Friday at Stateline RC Raceway in Indiana (along with regular offroad 5 minute qualifying and mains Saturday) - if anyone has a prototype Strike they want to run, it would be great if they showed up. I will be filming the Mains as usual for follow up posting and discussion... PM me for more info.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:15 PM
RCGaryk

More better?

Also working on an avatar too to try to make it clearer
Old 07-15-2009, 12:17 PM
RCGaryk

I wish I could bring it out but this is not my truck to keep. It's on its way somewhere already, meaning I am waiting for a production version now too. Can't wait.

I'm also getting my Slash ready for the SC Nats next week too, meaning I'll be elbows deep in shocks, transmissions and bearings getting it ready. Sigh.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:20 PM
HandyRacing

ORIGINAL: RCGaryk

I wish I could bring it out but this is not my truck to keep. It's on its way somewhere already, meaning I am waiting for a production version now too. Can't wait.

I'm also getting my Slash ready for the SC Nats next week too, meaning I'll be elbows deep in shocks, transmissions and bearings getting it ready. Sigh.
Maybe forward the invite on to Horizon, since they're "just up the road" from Stateline...
Old 07-15-2009, 01:14 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Thanks for clearing this up Foxy!
if they are paying the bills let it roll...

now on with this new Losi!
Old 07-22-2009, 12:59 PM
NewKid
My Feedback: (1)

I like the the truck and personally I like the direction Losi chose to go because it is inline with the slash which is easy to maintain and fun out of the box. I think people in rc need to be more open minded not everyone is looking for a full out race car nor does your average basher want or need one...The SC10 is nice but for a backyard basher it isn't ideal and we all know that. The slash is a great truck not because it uses old parts/not because it became popular and helped kickstart new corr classes but it's great because anybody can purchase one and go to the track and race it and have fun and it's durable plain and simple it might sound like a brick as someone posted when it lands or it might be traxxas crap as others seem to think but the truck is great for what it's designed to be a basher/entry level rc vehicle. I personally think losi did the right thing and it should hopefully run with the slashes which will further expand the spec class making it even more fun for entry level hobbyists. AE did there homework and the truck is good but I don't think it's a fun as racing a slash..For me it's something about the huge amounts of body roll into a corner and the overall feel of the slash that makes it fun when I look at the sc10 I think T4 with corr body and tires(not in a bad way) just that I see it as more of a serious racing vehicle where as the Slash is just fun and the losi from the looks of it will be 2
Old 07-24-2009, 10:34 AM
929rog

Wow. I'm a losi guy and was sold BUT. Have you checked out the HPI truck? Very nice looking piece.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:43 AM
whipnet

Yep, that Blitz looks pretty amazing.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:10 AM
thzero

Yeah, but unlike the Slash and Strike, it has a sealed diff just like the SC10. Very nice.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:32 AM
whipnet

Metal gears too, but this is the Losi thread. There is already a Blitz thread going.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:16 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: 929rog

Wow. I'm a losi guy and was sold BUT. Have you checked out the HPI truck? Very nice looking piece.

Ohhh man!
looks good and has a lower chassis..
Old 07-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

lol, keep this thread as the LOSI STRIKE, if you want to compliment the blitz, go to the blitz thread?
Old 07-24-2009, 11:35 PM
srt10

The hpi is cool!
Old 08-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Lurp06x

i have a question. has the strike been excepted as a CORR qualified truck an that it can compete with the slash an sc10 an that they pushed out because of the motor placement? because i thinking about ordering one but i want to beable to race with it. i've heard from some people that the slash is an official short course truck so it cant compete with the slash or sc10.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:29 AM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: Lurp06x

i have a question. has the strike been excepted as a CORR qualified truck an that it can compete with the slash an sc10 an that they pushed out because of the motor placement? because i thinking about ordering one but i want to beable to race with it. i've heard from some people that the slash is an official short course truck so it cant compete with the slash or sc10.
The motor has nothing to do with it. The Strike will compete against the SC10, Slash, and Blitz. The only thing is that the Strike is a little too long and a little too wide to be ROAR legal, but ROAR will change that since the rules werent set in stone.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Lurp06x

OK thanks chris
Old 09-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Lurp06x

so any body get a Losi Strike or are they just delaying its release? I want to know how it compares to others an hear what its like
Old 09-18-2009, 08:34 PM
Squidbait

The Strike's not due to be in stock at Horizon until the 24th. Have to wait at least a week before they start hitting the shelves.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:57 PM
ScottStaypuff

The Strike looks nice! [8D] They should be a great competitor for the Slash, kept it true to the "nature".
Old 11-01-2009, 04:17 AM
plasmaedge

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

really i dont know why people dont like the strikes body.

I actually like the look of it, i dont know why, it just appeals to me>

Anyways ima get me one in like 4-5 months (15YRS + no job + 15buks a week = Little dosh$$$)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.