Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

traxxas vs losi

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 11:03 PM
dacaur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: traxxas vs losi

ORIGINAL: For_The_Win

ORIGINAL: dacaur

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC
The mini Traxxas slash and e revo are really nothig special. I seen it run at RCX on the big track and they handle the ruts horribly, even for a 1/16, and didnt handle well at all, along with even Traxxas drivers breaking a part of two. And the mini thing is for kids, I am talking about the mainstream brands, Losi Associated Duratrax someone will walk into a LHS and be out in 30 minutes that is all they need to start up for $80-$160.
WOA dude, you cant make statments like that till you have driven the truck!!! The mini e-revo is the best handling mini I have seen hands down, not even a contest. The revo suspension is just miles ahead of anything else, and its just as effective in 1/16 scale as it is in 1/10 scale.... It makes most other minis drive like toys... You cant make a good handling comparison watching someone else drive one, you have to try it out for yourself...
No, I agree with Chris.. I dont like the Revo for racing i rather have a savage. And a ofna 1/8 street car has the same rocker suspension. There not ''miles ahead''.
Hehe, OK . An lst2 might beat a revo, but a savage never will, assuming drivers of pretty equal skill.... [sm=47_47.gif]
Old 07-11-2009, 11:27 PM
iTz Nicholas

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC
The mini Traxxas slash and e revo are really nothig special. I seen it run at RCX on the big track and they handle the ruts horribly, even for a 1/16, and didnt handle well at all, along with even Traxxas drivers breaking a part of two. And the mini thing is for kids, I am talking about the mainstream brands, Losi Associated Duratrax someone will walk into a LHS and be out in 30 minutes that is all they need to start up for $80-$160.
WOA dude, you cant make statments like that till you have driven the truck!!! The mini e-revo is the best handling mini I have seen hands down, not even a contest. The revo suspension is just miles ahead of anything else, and its just as effective in 1/16 scale as it is in 1/10 scale.... It makes most other minis drive like toys... You cant make a good handling comparison watching someone else drive one, you have to try it out for yourself...
I guess you haven't seen the Hobao Hyper STe 1/12. It's around the same length as the Revo but wider and from what I've heard the quality is MUCH better.

That is why I'm getting one over the E Revo VXL 1/16.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Traxxas4fun
My Feedback: (3)

imo, bring your losi mini t with $170 in upgrades to a dirt track.. race it with a stock $280 mini revo, i bet the mini revo will win 90% of the time if not more.

you will be doing donuts with ur 2WD mini t and brushless

mini revo will be going around the track beating you..
Old 07-12-2009, 04:33 PM
dacaur

Who said anything about a mini-t???? And if an e-revo can only beat a mini-t 90% of the time, its probably because the mini-T drivers buddy whacked the mini e-revo driver in the back of the head with a lead pipe during the race...
Old 07-12-2009, 06:14 PM
Lilredmachine

Hehe, OK . An lst2 might beat a revo, but a savage never will, assuming drivers of pretty equal skill.... [sm=47_47.gif]
Depends on the Savage and Revo being raced. I have a TVP E-savage that will tear my Revo a new one round a track, and both are track run.

imo, bring your losi mini t with $170 in upgrades to a dirt track.. race it with a stock $280 mini revo, i bet the mini revo will win 90% of the time if not more.

What a ridiculous comment.

Old 07-20-2009, 05:25 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: Traxxas4fun

Are you kidding me? You are comparing a 2wd that came out in 2004 to a bigger 4wd truck that is bascially the same as the bigger e revo? How about this comparison, compare the Hyper 12 STe to the mini e-revo. The Hyper STe competes with 4wd buggies at my track, and does pretty well. The mini e-revo's do horrible in practice, they just dont handle as well as the Hyper.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Redvanmafia

losi, rtr's are junk, high roller and desert trucks are a joke. you'd think they would no better then to run butter trannys in there trucks, when there brushless system give my all metal tranny hell. traxxas is the king of rtr's if you want stock durabilty with the ability to upgrade go with traxxas, these goofy t4 and xxxt guys might give me a run on the track, when it comes to hitting jumps and top speed and looking good while doing it, traxxas...
Old 07-21-2009, 09:07 AM
FoamyVictim

The trucks are meant for different markets The XXX-T and T4 are lightweight racing rigs. The Traxxas stuff is meant to be a bashing toy.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:13 AM
Redvanmafia

But remember, dont think if you buy a t4 or xxxt its gonna make you the best racer, or your buddy has a stampede and you hear t4 and xxxt's are crazy race trucks and you buy one thinking your going to have a better truck and you can race with the best....thats not the case i'll blow your body off:P buy a race buggy because your gonna race and thats it,
Old 07-21-2009, 10:14 AM
FieroMan121
My Feedback: (2)

honestly losi race rigs are fantastic but their rtr's and "basher" rigs have something to be desired of, a few have run the oval track in the open 1/10th class and they really are lacking, their minis seem to be fine (the 1/18th sliders and late model anyway)
Old 07-21-2009, 02:50 PM
Paron34
My Feedback: (1)

For 1/10 Bashing Stadium trucks ill through my E Firestorm into the Mix !! I bought mine the same time as my relative's bought 2 Rustler's "one VXL" an XXXT and one Speed T. So far I'm the ONLY one who hasn't broken something. I can keep up with the XXXT " now brushless' and the Speed T no problem. Also, all them have Nitro's one Revo and 3.3 T Maxx's and last but not least a GSR 7.7 ,ill take my LST2 over any of them and twice on sunday. After I went through the Brake in process + 2 gallon's of fuel in one of them "got 2 for 300$" and have yet to have one problem with it,both them still look and feel great to drive. For me ill go with HPI " after you replace all the electronic's" and Losi over Traxxas for sure with any comparable item period. I have yet to to try Team Associated,Cen,Duratrax,Tamiya, I'm sure I will in the coming year's. I suggest spending time with research and on the forum's before purchasing any item over 100 buck's.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:28 PM
Druss

This entire thread has kind of turned into a pissing contest (and I realized that I didn't want to join in...). All RC hobby vehicles are fun, it is a HOBBY. We are all trying to have fun. We make OUR OWN choices based on our own criteria. Just like with real 1:1 cars.

Budget, style, handling, performance... etc. If I could, I would own 1 of every RC ever made because they are all FUN!!!

I have now owned many different manufacturers including AE, Losi, Tamiya, Traxxas, Ofna, Thunder Tiger, HPI, Xray and Sportwerks. I LOVE THEM ALL!! Everytime I have to sell one to fund another project I HATE IT!! They are all different and give me joy. Seeing you guys argue takes the joy out of this hobby.

IT DOES NOT MATTER which is faster, handles better, jumps better, looks better or even smells better. As long as you enjoy it that's ALL THAT MATTERS.

Everyone has their own opinion and while we are fee to express those opinions sometimes you just have to agree to disagree and go on with life. If you spend even 1 second feeling anger over this thread and over what someone YOU'VE NEVER MET thinks about your RC then that's 1 second out of your life you've wasted.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:28 PM
FoamyVictim

We like to talk about and compare our RCs, which is what this site is all about. Yes, we brag, and call each other's rigs junk, etc... That's just the nature of the competition.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:22 PM
Druss

ORIGINAL: FoamyVictim

We like to talk about and compare our RCs, which is what this site is all about. Yes, we brag, and call each other's rigs junk, etc... That's just the nature of the competition.
Yes, in person and with friends I can accept that. In many cases here though it goes beyond that. Not saying I've never been involved in any of those discussions before but sometimes it really does sound like an elementary school playground.

We need to remember that it's a lot easier to say harsh things online but that there are many minors on here.

I totally agree that a good debate on the positives and negatives of our RC's is a healthy way to share our opinions, when it comes to name calling with no personal experience or bashing an entire brand because you had 1 bad experience with 1 vehicle from that brand... that's excessive.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:30 AM
FoamyVictim

Agreed, and while some might let other's opinions "color" their purchasing decisions, it's no less typical than any other substantial purchase. You could blame the failure of the Domestic Auto Companies on hearsay. While their quality has improved allot in the last 20 years, most people my age still scoff at the idea of spending a dime on a domestic. Is this unfounded?... not entirely. Will it change the face of a huge industry, you bet your booty. Would trying to make the conversation about something so competitive "Civil" work out on a public forum where there are little if any consequences to people's statements?... NOPE.

This is the internet, and any who tread here should know, "Objects online are often fuzzier than they appear" so take it with a grain of salt.

Now lets get back to the discussion.

I love my Losi cars, they perform very well at the race track. I also have a Slash, and a Revo. The Revo catches dust, but the Slash has been a great source of laughter. I nearly fell off the driver's stand last weekend, when a fellow racer tried to take me out, but missed and flew right off the track! This is what the hobby should be about. A bunch of people playing with cars and having fun.