Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

traxxas vs losi

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 04:51 PM
boatfisher25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traxxas vs losi

ive got only traxxas prodocts so far but i was thinking about trying losi are they good quality i drive my cars mostly in the street and in my yard and are there any other companies that are good
Old 07-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Chris_RC

Default RE: traxxas vs losi

Traxxas is fine for that application. Losi's quality is alot better on their race kits, but in average RTR's, I would say Losi quality is slightly above Traxxas (comparing the xxxt to rustler, xxx to bandit, revo to xxl, etc.)
Old 07-09-2009, 06:30 PM
FoamyVictim

Not to mention DSM. Can't beat it being frequency-conflict free.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:51 PM
The Mad Modder

If their other vehicles work as "well" as their mini baja, I'd stay away from them. Not only did every piece of electronic die within 2 years(I never used more than a 6 cell nimh, either), but it has constantly increasing steering slop since the drag link is mounted on the threaded portion of a screw, which is slowly eating it away. It has a good general design, but poor execution.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: The Mad Modder

If their other vehicles work as ''well'' as their mini baja, I'd stay away from them. Not only did every piece of electronic die within 2 years(I never used more than a 6 cell nimh, either), but it has constantly increasing steering slop since the drag link is mounted on the threaded portion of a screw, which is slowly eating it away. It has a good general design, but poor execution.
That is a 1/18 car, do you think it will be up to par quality wise as their 8th scales?
Old 07-09-2009, 09:18 PM
-J-

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

If their other vehicles work as ''well'' as their mini baja, I'd stay away from them. Not only did every piece of electronic die within 2 years(I never used more than a 6 cell nimh, either), but it has constantly increasing steering slop since the drag link is mounted on the threaded portion of a screw, which is slowly eating it away. It has a good general design, but poor execution.
That is a 1/18 car, do you think it will be up to par quality wise as their 8th scales?
It should be, but to your point, it's not a great show of the quality Losi can have.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Chris_RC

Look at the Associated minis, NO gear cover. Look at the Vendettas, bad quality. The only mini with good quality is the Xray truck.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:23 PM
dacaur

Look at the Associated minis, NO gear cover. Look at the Vendettas, bad quality. The only mini with good quality is the Xray truck.
LOL....

Anyway, Yes losi is quality. Even the RTR's are good. I will say that traxxas stadium trucks and buggys are more durable, but arent going to win any races, so you decide whats more important to you.... The lst/2 line of trucks is just as durable as the t-maxx or revo, but quite a bit easier to work on. You can have the diff out of an lst in under 2 min, but with traxxas, you have to tear half the truck apart to get to the diffs....
Old 07-09-2009, 11:47 PM
micro guy

Off subject but boat fisher do you go to family hobbies in naples? If so when i am on vacation i always go there. Last time i was looking at the 10t flux. I didn`t get it though. My Grandma has a condo about 20 miles north of Naples.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:46 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: dacaur

LOL....

Anyway, Yes losi is quality. Even the RTR's are good.
You have yet to convince me of that statement. My bro has a micro DT and one day we decided to to open up the gearbox to clean and relube it. Thing is, it didn't have any lube from the factory and the case had a lot of white plastic dust (from the gears) in it. Also in a review of the high roller(by rc driver or rc car, can't remember), they said that they had taken a jump improperly (not letting off the throttle) and blew half of the teeth on the spur gear off. Now I know that it was abused, but I have never heard of that happening on stampedes, even if they were heavily abused. Due to these poor experiences with losi, I will likely never buy another.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:49 AM
The Mad Modder

I don't know about their kits, but I don't trust ANY of their RTRs.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:13 AM
elven wizard

Between Losi and Traxxas there both good in quality. More importantly parts support near your area of hobby shops should be high on your the list. In San Diego just about every hobby shop has a full line of parts for Tmaxx's, Rustler's, Revo's, Stampedes and Traxxas etc. My Losi's I get parts mostly online.

Below my custom built Revo and LST2

Elven Wizard
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17761.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	1233257   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31598.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	1233258  
Old 07-10-2009, 12:47 PM
rebuilder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If i had to sum it up...........................Traxxas is more like an RC for the masses...............entry level, inexpensive, easy to maintain, kinda like a chevy impala....................and a Losi is more like a BMW.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Chris_RC

You dont trust the 8ight 2.0 RTR and 8ight T 2.0 RTR, you dont trust the XXX-T Brushless RTR? Losi minis started the mini craze, and they have been out for 5+ years. The minis are really for 10 year old kids who walk into a hobby shop with a small budget.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:40 PM
04DarkShadowGT

You dont trust the 8ight 2.0 RTR and 8ight T 2.0 RTR, you dont trust the XXX-T Brushless RTR? Losi minis started the mini craze, and they have been out for 5+ years. The minis are really for 10 year old kids who walk into a hobby shop with a small budget.
Not that I want to argue, but there were minis before Losi. Not only that you tell the people who buy the e-revo VXL, or Ofna Hyper 1/12 scale, or CRT .5, or an Xray mini that minis are only for kids with small budgets.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:08 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: 04DarkShadowGT

Not that I want to argue, but there were minis before Losi. Not only that you tell the people who buy the e-revo VXL, or Ofna Hyper 1/12 scale, or CRT .5, or an Xray mini that minis are only for kids with small budgets.
If Losi didnt make the Mini-T, would Associated make the RC18 series, would Duratrax make the Vendetta series? Nope. The mini Traxxas slash and e revo are really nothig special. I seen it run at RCX on the big track and they handle the ruts horribly, even for a 1/16, and didnt handle well at all, along with even Traxxas drivers breaking a part of two. And the mini thing is for kids, I am talking about the mainstream brands, Losi Associated Duratrax someone will walk into a LHS and be out in 30 minutes that is all they need to start up for $80-$160.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:41 AM
dacaur

The mini Traxxas slash and e revo are really nothig special. I seen it run at RCX on the big track and they handle the ruts horribly, even for a 1/16, and didnt handle well at all, along with even Traxxas drivers breaking a part of two. And the mini thing is for kids, I am talking about the mainstream brands, Losi Associated Duratrax someone will walk into a LHS and be out in 30 minutes that is all they need to start up for $80-$160.
WOA dude, you cant make statments like that till you have driven the truck!!! The mini e-revo is the best handling mini I have seen hands down, not even a contest. The revo suspension is just miles ahead of anything else, and its just as effective in 1/16 scale as it is in 1/10 scale.... It makes most other minis drive like toys... You cant make a good handling comparison watching someone else drive one, you have to try it out for yourself...
Old 07-11-2009, 02:19 AM
Chris_RC

The mini Traxxas slash and e revo are really nothig special. I seen it run at RCX on the big track and they handle the ruts horribly, even for a 1/16, and didnt handle well at all, along with even Traxxas drivers breaking a part of two. And the mini thing is for kids, I am talking about the mainstream brands, Losi Associated Duratrax someone will walk into a LHS and be out in 30 minutes that is all they need to start up for $80-$160.
WOA dude, you cant make statments like that till you have driven the truck!!! The mini e-revo is the best handling mini I have seen hands down, not even a contest. The revo suspension is just miles ahead of anything else, and its just as effective in 1/16 scale as it is in 1/10 scale.... It makes most other minis drive like toys... You cant make a good handling comparison watching someone else drive one, you have to try it out for yourself...
Tell that to all the newbies who make haven't owned or driven the cars and they say they are horrible....... (first sentence reply)

Sure, best handling mini you have ever seen, but there are other minis that are far better quality and handle alot better. Take the [link=http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/products/proddesc.php?prod_id=2514&kategoria=0&catName=XRAY%20M18T%20PRO]Xray M18T[/link] for example, and you can buy it for $120 [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/10889/n/XRAY-M18T-4wd-Shaft-Drive-1-18-Micro-Truck-Kit]Here[/link]. IMO that is a much better deal and better yet it is a KIT. Alot of people think Traxxas, Losi, and Associated are the only RC companies when there are overseas mfg's that make mainstream brand cars put to shame. [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDis-KSzbLc]Here[/link] is a video to show how well it handles. Would beat a mini E-Revo anyday.

But, I see yor point. Those kids who were driving the cars that were affiliated with Traxxas probably never seen a track in their life! You could really tell that they were just bashing it on the track.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:59 AM
The Mad Modder

LOL I knew it wouln't be long, Chris, til the traxxas fanboys started ripping you about that comment.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:09 PM
dacaur

LOL I knew it wouln't be long, Chris, til the traxxas fanboys started ripping you about that comment.

I dont know that you could call me a traxxas fanboy... I own just as many losi as traxxas vehichles... Just commenting that someone who hasent even driven the truck, shouldnt be making comments like that on its performance.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Chris_RC

I dont know that you could call me a traxxas fanboy... I own just as many losi as traxxas vehichles... Just commenting that someone who hasent even driven the truck, shouldnt be making comments like that on its performance.
Well, about 80% of the people on this subforum has some Traxxas vehicle, most of them they only own Traxxas. It is funny when they say dont get that, yet they have never even seen the car! So alot of people say, this is bad, this is good, get this! When they havent had experience with any of the cars.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:09 PM
redfisher1974

I have never owned a mini or traxxas for that matter,But i bought the mini slash to give it a try...It is hard as hell to get that power down in that small package.Its ok in smooth dirt with the one battery,Tried it out on the road with the second battery in series and no way the slash is not made to go that fast..lol...Anywho its kinda fun,But when i switch back to my firestorm its so much better in everyway...
Old 07-11-2009, 05:50 PM
dacaur

well, the mini e-revo has way wider tires, as well as wider suspension arms, so it doesn't have any of the trouble getting the power to the ground that the mini slash does.... So your trouble isn't a "mini" thing, its a "mini with super narrow tires" thing. My e-revo has the widest tires of all my mini's.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:00 PM
For_The_Win

No, I agree with Chris.. I dont like the Revo for racing i rather have a savage. And a ofna 1/8 street car has the same rocker suspension. There not "miles ahead".
Old 07-11-2009, 10:11 PM
redfisher1974

well, the mini e-revo has way wider tires, as well as wider suspension arms, so it doesn't have any of the trouble getting the power to the ground that the mini slash does.... So your trouble isn't a ''mini'' thing, its a ''mini with super narrow tires'' thing. My e-revo has the widest tires of all my mini's.
I agree with you.....I wanted the revo,But i couldnt wait and pulled the trigger on a Slash.....Ohwell...might have to get the revo to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.