Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

HandyRacing Crew review of the Stateline RC Raceway in Fremont Indiana

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

HandyRacing Crew review of the Stateline RC Raceway in Fremont Indiana

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 07:09 PM
HandyRacing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HandyRacing Crew review of the Stateline RC Raceway in Fremont Indiana

The couple days before the Fourth of July, we were able to travel down to Freemont Indiana and get in some practice at the Stateline RC Raceway (July 2 and 3).

The track is at the Michigan / Indiana border, just off I-69. Easy access from all directions.

http://www.statelinerc.com

There is an upcoming Midwest Offroad Racing League summer points series event coming up there on July 25 (all electric). It will have all the makings for a Midwest RC Racing premium event you won't want to miss.

http://midwestoffroad.org

For the first two points races so far, there have been 190ish entries (two different tracks), the Great Lakes region has some of the BEST racing in the country!!!!

The track is actually three tracks, all served by a large first rate bi-directional driver's stand, piped water all around the site for constant maintenance, and well groomed.

The main offroad track is a very good, large, well maintained venue, set up for nitro 1/8 scale, with LARGE jumps, wide lanes and a great pit lane set up.

On the other side of the driver's stand is a fairly large dirt oval with a smaller offroad trak inside (I would say pretty good for minis, a little small for 1/10 scale or Slash type rigs).

The only critcal things I could say is the oval outer wall could use some TLC and the small offroad track doesnt look like it gets much use. BUT, it was also early in the season, and the grounds were well maintained with lots of TLC.

(A small word of warning, no firecrackers allowed near the horses. Play nice)

Here are a few pics:

The 1/8 scale track looking to the North/East:

and looking to the South/East:

Yes - the track is too big to get all in one shot... Very cool.

Getting a little air at the South end king size double:

Same jump, from a different angle:

Getting a little air from the center triple:

Same jump, different angle:

And a shot of the oval, with the driver's stand (including the small offroad track in the center):

While the track is a little large for stock electric (the jumps a little long), I think it makes for a challenging race opportunity. For Slash racing (what I run), I can imagine its a small scale BAJA 500. May the best man win.

Last weekend, a Factory Tracks Midwest event brought 31 entries in brushless electric 1/8 buggies, and LOTS of the MORL Series 1/10 scale electric racers went down to check out the track.

[link=http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=60428940](A link to our video tour is here)[/link]

There is lots of room for overnight camping, and pit space, with porta potties on site and gas station / restaurant / markets just down the street...

Let me know what you think, thanks.

(Disclosure - Stateline did not pay or endorse this review, its just my fun and games)

Thanks Kevin, for the hospitality.

(Edited for typos)

Old 07-13-2009, 07:23 PM
evil3

Default RE: HandyRacing Crew review of the Stateline RC Raceway in Fremont Indiana

Yeah that treack is just huge, and will make most of the 10th scale cars that will be raced on the 25th look like micros on the track.

I know I can't wait to gte racing that weekend, as on friday there will be a slash endurance race on friday as well as their oval racing, then it is race time on sat for some fun on the off-road track.

Also the small off-road track inside fo the oval is for slashes, and is where the slash race will be run, as well as the SC endurance will run (if they aren't both combined into one class on friday).

Also if you didn't know I am carbon madness on HT.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:28 PM
HandyRacing

Default RE: HandyRacing Crew review of the Stateline RC Raceway in Fremont Indiana

ORIGINAL: evil3

Yeah that treack is just huge, and will make most of the 10th scale cars that will be raced on the 25th look like micros on the track.

I know I can't wait to gte racing that weekend, as on friday there will be a slash endurance race on friday as well as their oval racing, then it is race time on sat for some fun on the off-road track.

Also the small off-road track inside fo the oval is for slashes, and is where the slash race will be run, as well as the SC endurance will run (if they aren't both combined into one class on friday).

Also if you didn't know I am carbon madness on HT.
Thats right, the 30 minute Slash / SC10 oval will be a hoot. Battery and driver change midway, I LOVE that idea.

(I figured out your second profile with the MySpace vid, thanks for checking us out)
Old 07-13-2009, 07:46 PM
evil3

lol, yeah I am just about everywhere, although I mainly go by evil3 online.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:56 PM
HandyRacing

lol, yeah I am just about everywhere...
: )

That makes two of us. But when its RC, I'm always HandyRacing (or Glenn)
Old 07-13-2009, 08:21 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

lol, yeah I am just about everywhere, although I mainly go by evil3 online.
or pyro, me, stalk you,[X(] never :

either way that looks like a sweet track and i wish i could go tho its a few hundred miles away so no way that'll happen, but a kid can dream

the lug