Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

E-Revo Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 10:03 AM
plasma 327

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default E-Revo Newbie

Hey fella's. I decided to get into electric's as I am a nitro hound and 1/5 scale gasser freak. I got an E-Revo used in awsome shape
but i needed motor's. So I bought two Titians and broke then in using the water method by using an AA battery and ran them in water
untill the battery was dead.. Cleaned them out with electrical spray, drop of 3in1 oil on each end then installed them.
I then charged my packs and set the revo up on a stand and used the trim control and ran them for 1/2 hour at slow speed..
My question is the brushes on the armature is giving me a brilliant light show on both motors.. Is that normal??
Do I need to run them in some more???
Thanks for any advice...
Old 07-14-2009, 10:48 AM
Ball Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Revo Newbie

I hate to sound depressing, but I never had luck with titans in my e-revo.
For whatever ever the reason they lasted in my e-maxx,
but the revo kills them.

I would save some money, and go with a brushless system..
Old 07-14-2009, 11:11 AM
plasma 327

SO, just run them till they die???? They make great power and are not overheating.
I have ran two fully charged pack(4600 7cell EnerG Side by side matched) since I broke them in and at the end of the run
I temped them and they are around 150%. I was owndering if the light show inside was normall??
Old 07-14-2009, 05:01 PM
littleazn248

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ono man I get a light show everytime I ran my emaxx... I think titans are alright... I run them on 20volts no problem but then again as you drive them after a while you'll notice a performance drop. I personally would say their alright unless you plan on racing. But I mean I figure you got the fifth scale stuff and everything so I figure this is your bashing truck.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:12 PM
plasma 327

Yes, I got this to bash around the yard but I really never fooled much with electric's..
SO I will run the guts out of them and see how long they last..
Thanks...